Greenjeans Greenhouse HodgePodge Grow 2020

Hey - I just found these posts!!! There was no notification!!! Trust me - I'm not ignoring youse guys!!!
Not much to report here - L'il Cookie is still hanging in - she is small and slow but progressing so we have hope. Stevie Nicks is doing OK - I'm getting a handle on the aphids. I just picked up some Root Farm nutes so I'll have to study up on them and see what I can screw up. My last 6 seedlings are finally on the move - they were a bit of an experiment to see what late seedlings will produce and to see if I get shorter stalks since they got pretty much full sun from the get go...as it turns out...NO...they are just as leggy as before...maybe it is just this breed, whatever it is.
Oh Yeah - my furnace is retired, moved off the foundation and new foundation poured for new furnace - I better pin down my plans before I go much further!!!
Gosh Kanda, based on what Back paid to get a reasonably small package to me I can only imagine the cost when you combine weight and size....I would suggest just wait till your crop comes in and send that!!!!! :rofl: :laugh::rofl:

Well, here's a shot of L'il Cookie - shes about 7" now - I'll may top her at the 5th node - maybe should just let her progress naturally for awhile - I'll watch to see what she does. Nothing much going on - waiting to see if the seedlings are gals or ghouls. I might start weeding out the experimental plants outside - they have reveged and look all screwed up. Stevie Nicks is coming along. I'll get a pic tomorrow.
cookie 6.jpg

I though I may as well add this in my journal...I posted on another thread as well....

I've been vermi-composting for about 30 years - started with a margarine container of worms - went up to 6 laundry tubs - accidentally killed them all from an overheated greenhouse save for a 1/2 dozen worms - back up to 6 tubs - used them all in last years grow - found about a dozen or so when I was cleaning up after last years grow - I'm back up to three tubs now and just harvested about 7 gallons of compost today...happy camper.
I never had a system for compost harvest - just used it worms and all but what I tried this time was to move the worms and particulate from the bin into a second bin until I got down to the compacted "soil" in the bottom 1/4 to 1/3 of the bin - since there was no food or anything that the worms wanted in it there was very few worms and it actually worked pretty simply. About 4 of the girls got a bit of top dressing. I'll work more of it in as time goes by and save most of it for next years mix. The petunias will do without!!!

Yeah - I'm hoping she takes off soon - she's almost 2 months old. I topped her at the fifth node today. Maybe she will branch out and bush up a little. We live in hope!!!
I took three cuttings from Stevie Nicks today - I'm hoping one will take - two of them will be iffy.

Hey man, your greenhouse looks great! Gives me some ideas...

I'm about to move into my own trailer and was thinking of setting up a greenhouse. A few years ago I acquired the skeletal remains of a carport. Just the metal bars that consist of the frame. My intention was to cover it in plastic and turn it into a greenhouse. However, being low on finds, disabled and without anyone to help me, the carport frame has stood to the side of my garden without ever transitioning into that greenhouse I wanted.

But your greenhouse looks much smaller than mine would have been so it seems much more manageable. I never thought of using glass to cover a greenhouse. I only ever considered plastic. But your looks much sturdier than many others I have seen so I like that about it.

I can see myself being actually a le to afford a greenhouse. Go to the ReStore to pick up glass windows cheap and set it up...hmmmm..... you may have something there.

I think I'm going to follow along and see just where this goes.

All my best,
~Magnus

Are you using that compost of yours
Hey Back - I've been just babying her along - the leaf tips looked to me like a bit of nute burn early on so I've been letting her progress along a bit and now I'm giving her a top dressing of worm castings and will give her some weak nutes and coax her a little further down the trail !! :thumb:
I took three more cuttings from Stevie Nicks - I'm hoping a couple take. I would like to take one back to the beaver pond and let it co-mingle with a male. Get some seeds for the future.

Get some seeds for the future.
That’s a great idea!!

of worm castings and will give her some weak nutes and coax her a little further down the trail !! :thumb:
That sounds great!! I’m sure the plant will love it!!

I love growing in 100% worm castings, mixed 50/50 with perlite. You should try it sometime. I also feed with nutrients when I grow in that medium.

without anyone to help me, the carport frame has stood to the side of my garden without ever transitioning into that greenhouse I wanted.
Damn Magnus!! I wish we lived closer to one another.. I mean right now I wouldn’t be as much help because I’m super busy with a 1 month old daughter (and a three year old) but nobody should feel like they have no body to help!

nobody should feel like they have no body to help!
You are very kind, Backlipslide.

Unfortunately, that is where I find myself in life. All through my adult years I have moved from city to city, sometimes for school sometimes on a whim. Consequently, I've never set down roots anywhere. I have many friends all over the world but none nearby.

After my wife left last year and I lost all my dogs to the grim reaper I was bereft. Hopeless. Depleted. Depressed. I thought I would never get through it all, especially with all these stupid health issues - especially by myself. But I got through last summer, easily the worst summer of my life, through the dreadful fall and cold, dark winter and even this spring when little Porkchop got killed by a speeding truck. I made it through. But it would have been so much easier if I'd had some help. With carting 20 litre jugs of water that I can barely carry home. Or help mopping the floors. Or help bringing in the grocery bags which feel about 50 lbs heavier now that I'm dealing with fibromyalgia on top of the epilepsy and the damaged back and the diabetes and the whole shitload of ailments that make my life a living hell.

So your kind words mean an awful lot. Just knowing that there are still good, solid people out there just lifts my spirits that much more than before.

Thanks so much.

All my best,
~Magnus

PS - I am not trying to complain, just explain.

You are very kind, Backlipslide.

Unfortunately, that is where I find myself in life. All through my adult years I have moved from city to city, sometimes for school sometimes on a whim. Consequently, I've never set down roots anywhere. I have many friends all over the world but none nearby.

After my wife left last year and I lost all my dogs to the grim reaper I was bereft. Hopeless. Depleted. Depressed. I thought I would never get through it all, especially with all these stupid health issues - especially by myself. But I got through last summer, easily the worst summer of my life, through the dreadful fall and cold, dark winter and even this spring when little Porkchop got killed by a speeding truck. I made it through. But it would have been so much easier if I'd had some help. With carting 20 litre jugs of water that I can barely carry home. Or help mopping the floors. Or help bringing in the grocery bags which feel about 50 lbs heavier now that I'm dealing with fibromyalgia on top of the epilepsy and the damaged back and the diabetes and the whole shitload of ailments that make my life a living hell.

So your kind words mean an awful lot. Just knowing that there are still good, solid people out there just lifts my spirits that much more than before.

Thanks so much.

All my best,
~Magnus

PS - I am not trying to complain, just explain.
Complain away! I don’t look at it, as complaining... I look at it as venting. You’ve had a lot go on the last couple years. Having your wife leave you in those tough times goes to show she wasn’t worth hanging on to. Your in the point of your life you need/needed someone by your side. The selfishness of her leaving is absolutely unethical.

so you venting, and talking to others about it, is actually a good thing. You’ve been carrying a lot of weight on your shoulders, and venting helps lift some of that weight. It doesn’t help you with everything else you need help with, but it helps with depression. Depression is real, man, woman, black, white, gold, it doesn’t matter, depression hits, and it hits hard. The best way to combat depression is talking about it.

I hope things get easier for you! I really do!! Please take care of your self!!:passitleft:

Complain away! I don’t look at it, as complaining... I look at it as venting. You’ve had a lot go on the last couple years. Having your wife leave you in those tough times goes to show she wasn’t worth hanging on to. Your in the point of your life you need/needed someone by your side. The selfishness of her leaving is absolutely unethical.

so you venting, and talking to others about it, is actually a good thing. You’ve been carrying a lot of weight on your shoulders, and venting helps lift some of that weight. It doesn’t help you with everything else you need help with, but it helps with depression. Depression is real, man, woman, black, white, gold, it doesn’t matter, depression hits, and it hits hard. The best way to combat depression is talking about it.

I hope things get easier for you! I really do!! Please take care of your self!!:passitleft:
As I said already...you are very kind.

Thank you for such kind words. I truly appreciate it.

~Magnus

As I said already...you are very kind.

Thank you for such kind words. I truly appreciate it.

~Magnus
Your very welcome!! I wish I could do more!!

hey btw!! Congratulations on the nomination of MOTM bro!! I just noticed two days ago you were nominated!! It’s a hell of a rush! I hope you enjoyed it man!!

Your very welcome!! I wish I could do more!!

hey btw!! Congratulations on the nomination of MOTM bro!! I just noticed two days ago you were nominated!! It’s a hell of a rush! I hope you enjoyed it man!!
Thanks so much, BLS. I appreciate you good wishes.

I knew I wasn't going to win this month because I knew MochaBud and Momma were such strong contenders and both deserve it much more than I. I was really pleased to see MochaBud win today. That just made my heart warm up just a little. But I look forward to being a strong contender in the future for the prize.

And speaking of prizes...I am so impressed with how our sponsors rise to the challenge by offering up such great rewards. Me? I'd frickin' LOVE that Magical Butter machine. I have wanted one ever since they first came out but am completely unable to afford one. So winning one would be ideal. I have so many uses for that machine that it's kind of funny. Like...I want to infuse heavy cream with cannabis so that I can make Canna ice cream. Now wouldn't that be amazing. A nice scoop of homemade canna ice cream to steer you into the day ahead. I can see eating that shit for breakfast!

All my best,
~Magnus

Thanks so much, BLS. I appreciate you good wishes.

I knew I wasn't going to win this month because I knew MochaBud and Momma were such strong contenders and both deserve it much more than I. I was really pleased to see MochaBud win today. That just made my heart warm up just a little. But I look forward to being a strong contender in the future for the prize.

And speaking of prizes...I am so impressed with how our sponsors rise to the challenge by offering up such great rewards. Me? I'd frickin' LOVE that Magical Butter machine. I have wanted one ever since they first came out but am completely unable to afford one. So winning one would be ideal. I have so many uses for that machine that it's kind of funny. Like...I want to infuse heavy cream with cannabis so that I can make Canna ice cream. Now wouldn't that be amazing. A nice scoop of homemade canna ice cream to steer you into the day ahead. I can see eating that shit for breakfast!

All my best,
~Magnus
Way to be such a great sport about it!! You deserved to be up there with the rest of them, and your time will come soon! Keep doing what your doing and you’ll get in again.

I was also stoked about the machine. Then I found out they don’t ship them to Canada. So I had to contact them, pay for shipping and then they shipped them to me. I won three contests, so I received three. Gave two away (with the small price of them being shipped to me divided by three) and kept one for my self. If I knew you at the time of getting them, I prob could have sent you one. If I ever win another I’ll keep you in mind! (I prob won’t win again, I haven’t been as active as I used to, and the competition seems to be getting tougher and tougher every month!!) but never say never!! :headbanger:

Back
Top Bottom