Greenlizard Still Growing, Fresh Clones, CMH, 4X8, Multiple Methods Tested

Greenlizard

Hello folks,
Thanks for stopping by. I have learned so much since my first grow it's unfathomable. If not for this great site and fantastic people I would not be where I am today in what I call my hobby. As I had been without a hobby for a few years this has filled the void for sure. I have grown passionate about cannabis and growing alike. I started my first grow in October of 2018 and have been growing perpetually ever since. I have not had a break in almost a year lol.
Recently we made an upgrade from a 4x4 tent to a 4x8. This has helped manage the heat issues I have been having during our summer months by allowing more fans.
For now I have two 315 watt Ceramic Metal Halide (CMH) fixtures. Three would be ideal in a 4x8 but for now it's two.
My current grow is only on day 5 from switching to 12/12. I have 4 plants in total since I just moved over from the 4x4 into the 4x8 a couple of weeks ago.
The strains I have going now are two Purple Kush, and two Trainwreck. All from my own clones.
I just took 28 clones last night. I have a few friends who need some but I am currently trying to decide if I want to grow 6 medium plants or 8 small plants. I don't want to fill my tent because I don't have enough light for that but I could easily grow 6 and use 3/4 of the grow space. In my method of growing 8 medium plants fills a 4x8 easily.
The purpose of this journal is to document my trial and error of using different methods such as Low Stress Training, Super Cropping, and many other variables in order to find what best works for myself.

My equipment rundown:
2 315 Watt CMH fixtures with focal reflectors
4" exhaust fan with carbon filter - soon to be upgraded to 6"
4'X8' Tent for Flower
4'X4' Tent for Veg
4 fans with one being larger and oscillating.
Nutri-Plus nutrients
Digital PH meter
Digital PPM meter
Sunshine Mix #4 growing media
2 gallon pots currently for the 4 plants in flower
P.H. - 5.4 - 6.2 range
Current tent temp lights on - 84 degrees
Current tent RH - 70%

On past grows I was using a ph range of 6.2 - 6.8 which is suitable for soil but after more research it has been suggest to ph as one would with hydroponics when using Sunshine Mix #4 since it's a soilless mix. So far I believe they are responding well to the lower ph range.
The clones are being misted about 3 times per day for now. The water I soaked the Jiffy pucks with is ph'ed to 5.6 and has had super thrive added. This same water is what's being used in my spray bottle. The super thrive will help with foliage feeding until we can get some roots going.
The clones are currently under a single T5 bulb and a heat mat is under the tray. It's summer but heat promotes root growth so I'm still using my heat mat.
I will be installing a 6" dryer vent into the side of my house so I can vent my tent directly outside during the summer months. I have noticed my basement extremely humid and overly warm for a basement this time of year. I will put a damper along the exhaust hose so I can direct the air back into the basement during winter months to recycle the heat.

Well here are a few photos of what's going on right now and I will update every couple days as we move forward.

Cheers everyone, and thanks for stopping by. :ganjamon:
20190721_154050.jpg
20190721_154307.jpg
20190727_162951.jpg
20190727_163017.jpg
20190727_165544.jpg
20190727_165614.jpg
20190727_165450.jpg

Well not much has happened other than the mothers have begun flowering. Eight days into 12/12. They get watered every second day. Just gave ph'ed water last night since I have been pushing them hard and noticed a little tip burn. I ran 5 liters through each one. They seem to be doing well.
The clones are doing great. Still holding their color and vigor. They are still only 4 days old though. I spray them twice per day now with plain ph'ed water and super thrive added.
Today I slightly vented the humidity dome.

Here's a few photos.
20190731_173503.jpg
20190731_173552.jpg
20190731_173916.jpg

Looks great. you certainly have the cloning figured out. I have tried it they rooted but looked like sh*t yours are nice and green.

Those girls in flower look happy and showing pistols at day 8 is pretty impressive. Have you tried putting the plants in 24hrs of darkness before flower? I have tried it and it helps kick them in to flower faster

Thanks man. I have been having good luck with the clones. This is my best batch I would say. I owe the health and color of them to the Super Thrive I think. 15 drops in a gallon of water. Soaked the Jiffy pucks in it and filled my spray bottle with it for misting. It must be working well as a foliage spray. You can't put other nutes in with it though or it will burn the leaves... not that I did that or anything LOL. :p
I have not done the 24 hours of darkness upon switching to 12/12 yet but I intend to give it a shot in the future. I think plants grown from clones switch over to 12/12 faster than first generation plants grown from seed... Just my observation.
Cheers.

Healthy looking girls you have there. I’m going to follow you along with the grow.
:passitleft:

Healthy looking girls you have there. I’m going to follow you along with the grow.
:passitleft:

Thanks for stopping by. Still lot's of chairs left. Sit anywhere you like.

Day 12 of 12/12 for the big girls today. Things are rolling along well. I expected Trainwreck to grow taller and out perform my Purple Kush but once again Purple Kush is the best performer. I gave them a full feeding last night.

The clones are chugging along. Starting to loose a little bit of that lush green color on some but that's normal. They are on day 8 today. In a couple more days I hope to see some with roots starting. If all goes well they might be ready to plant into solo cups next weekend.

Photos below.

:ganjamon:

flowering plants are really happy with their leaves pointing to the sky like that Nice work.
looks like you have lots of room in your tent I'm a little jealous lol I have 5 crammed into my 4x4 and wish I had a little room to spread them out

flowering plants are really happy with their leaves pointing to the sky like that Nice work.
looks like you have lots of room in your tent I'm a little jealous lol I have 5 crammed into my 4x4 and wish I had a little room to spread them out
6 in a 4x8 here. I need a 10x10. Lol!

No matter how big the tent you always think I can get one more in there :laugh:
I didn’t know what I was doing and left them in veg too long. This is what they were when I flipped. Lol! Had no clue they’d triple in size.

57FCF9BD-BBD6-41DC-8903-38B934BB02FE.jpeg

Well the only reason I have so much extra room is because I upgraded tents mid grow. I went from a 4x4 to an 4x8 unexpectedly. A fantastic deal came along and I figured the larger space would help me deal with heat which it did so I set it up sooner than later. In the future I think I will go with 6 plants but still leave a little room to spare. Will see...

Back
Top Bottom