Greenlizard's First Grow: Purple Kush & Hash Plant, October 2018

All jarred up. Total weight dry is 407 grams. I am very happy. The purple kush is very good, and has a sweet smell. Not bad for 315 watts of light.

That's a helluva haul. Nice work!

Well I suppose I should conclude with a smoke report.

Hash Plant: This seems to be our house favorite. A surprising end to our first grow. We actually received the Hash Plant by mistake but I'm glad we did. It produced the most weight and it's super resinous. It hit's like a truck and I find it to be very smooth. Works really well for pain and migraines.

Purple Kush (seed pack one): I am separating the purple Kush because two seeds came from the second pack and one of the seeds came from the first pack. They ended up being very different. The first as I call her (PK1) did not turn purple. It stayed green with a little bit of dark purple developing on the leaves just before harvest. It was smooth and mellow. Very relaxing. Can't really pin point a flavour but it does taste nice.

Purple Kush (Seed pack two): The other two Purple Kush are (PK2) and (PK3). They both developed identically with very vibrant purple buds. It was a treat just to grow such a colorful plant. They didn't produce big weight but their odor is so extraordinary I can't put my finger on it. It smells kind of fruity. It's flavor is sweet and nutty. The high is more similar to a highbred with a little bit of uplifting effect.

Overall I am very happy with my first grow and the only thing I will change for my next vegging plants that will soon be put into flower is I will use a little smaller pots, and they will likely be fabric pots this time. I found my 10 gallon pots were too large for the size of the plants. This caused a lot less watering's but also less feedings. I found myself only watering once per week on average once they were in the larger pots.
Also I might not scrog this time... not sure yet. The issue I had was that I topped too many times and my canopy was a bit too tight. I didn't get the light penetration I wanted because all the tops were so close together they shadowed each other after about 6" down. I will eventually get a 4x8 tent and two more 315 Watt CMH lights. I might pickup another 315 CMH now and put both in the 4x4 for this next grow just to see how much weight I can get out of it. I fear I might run into heat issues though so will have to wait and see.

So for now I guess this wraps things up. We pulled right around 400 grams with 315 watts of light so I would honestly recommend the 315 watt Ceramic Metal Halide to others.
I would like to thank everyone who stopped by and all who contributed with feedback. Without the community of 420 Magazine I would never have had this kind of success on my first grow.
Cheers everyone! :ganjamon:

So cool! How did I miss this grow? Congrats @Greenlizard I just went through the whole thing what a great job! Very impressive results. Cheers, good luck to the next one!

Excuse me @Greenlizard, but I have a question. How would you rate the quality of the Nutri Plus line of nutrients. I have been looking into them myself, and had just ordered a complete lineup of their products. Not many reviews about it, so I was curious as to what you think of them. Thank you, and have a great day.

Honestly I have no complaints. I too was skeptical at first due to the lack of info on the net. One thing I couldn't find were any negative reviews. I really like it. I have absolutely no reason to change or desire anything different.
I just added a new item to the list tonight. I got Terpenoids Booster. I'm curious to see if it changes the flavor or aroma of the Purple Kush that I have been growing and cloning for the 4th time now.
I seem to be hearing of more and more people using it though.
Here are all the products I use.
20190928_220052.jpg

You don't need the start, and I use a different rooting powder anyways. I use the start when first feeding seedlings or clones.
I didn't always grow with all these products. I just added one or two each grow. I'm on my 4th grow now since this journal.

So yesterday was harvest day. Wow! What a pile of work. My wife and I worked tirelessly for 9 straight hours trimming. We still have one plant left to cut and trim tonight. I knew it was going to be a lot of work but we under estimated it for sure. I can't imagine having a dozen or more plants to deal with. 5 was enough! LOL. We took all our trim and put it in the freezer to make butter with later. Scissor hash is amazing! LOL. I tossed a nice ball of it in my pipe and it actually gave me energy and helped aliveate some of the pain, and discomfort while trimming. I havn't weighed anything yet but I will give a dry weight report once I get to that point. Now I see what Snoop ment when he said "sticky icky icky".
Deadly job! :ganjamon:

My least favorite chore. Lol
I hate it so much I bought 1/2 gallon jars so I can just put the whole colas and bud filled lengths of branches in the jaws with very minimal processing. My cleaning tray is where the leaves and twigs (and even branches ;-) are removed.
I also have probably 3 to 4 jars worth hanging right now that I've been procrastinating about jarring up for a week or so plus a last plant's contribution that's going to be ready in a week.
Unemployment (paid vacation until I decide to work ;-) sure has made me lazy :lot-o-toke: :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom