GreenThumb J's Perpetual Multi-Strain Journal!

The problem people have when transplanting their plants, is they do it WAY too soon. And this is wasting a pot size because you dont allow the roots to grow into a solid root mass.

the key is to constantly transplant your plant up container size until the final flowering pot, this way you dont let your roots get a chance to actually get root bound.

I try to do it every 2 weeks, but the roots will tell ya when its time! sometimes 3 weeks is needed, sometimes i can transplant in 10 days.. depends on the strain and the growing conditions you provide!!
I disagree with the first quote, and I agree with the second quote, it is obvious you are successful at growing Cannabis, can you elaborate on what you meant by the two seemingly contradictory statements?

I should mention I have been farming for the better part of 25 years.

I obviously will be learning something here I can feel it.

:hmmmm:

btw hydro does not necessarily mean you cant be organic
I use pure blend line for hydro made with organic stuff
I try to keep it organic cause its going in peoples bodies
I don't have to wash my buds cause theres nothing sprayed on it
just had to put my foot in there

btw hydro does not necessarily mean you cant be organic
I use pure blend line for hydro made with organic stuff
I try to keep it organic cause its going in peoples bodies
I don't have to wash my buds cause theres nothing sprayed on it
just had to put my foot in there

Your right it does have organic stuff in it, and it is a nice effort towards organic, but it is not organic, close but not. Like saying I am almost a Doctor, or almost a Pharmacist, you can be close but until you are your just not.

Granted it has a wonderful review and a great following of people and it looks like a great fertilizer, but organic maybe 90%, still have 10% before they can make the claim on the front label.

Another thing I don't really under stand is why go through an entire grow with nearly organic nutrients when the very last thing you put in the water is

Future harvest 0-6-5? Isn't this what people want to avoid when they say they grow organic? Lets just feed them premo nearly organic stuff and then fire some late bloom booster full of chem in there... ah that's close enough, yep it's organic.

Fair enough I have also used AN, GH, and Greenhouse Powder Feeding. I grow with Soil mixes now that are derived from Compost and worm castings coco biochar blood and bone meal. I wouldn't call what I am doing organic either, it is a difficult standard to reach. But when someone says Organic to me it should all be certified, which means It doesn't even matter what I say, you just look at what I use and it can be determined that it is certified 100% organic.

Fair enough I have also used AN, GH, and Greenhouse Powder Feeding. I grow with Soil mixes now that are derived from Compost and worm castings coco biochar blood and bone meal. I wouldn't call what I am doing organic either, it is a difficult standard to reach. But when someone says Organic to me it should all be certified, which means It doesn't even matter what I say, you just look at what I use and it can be determined that it is certified 100% organic.

Totally understand that!

>>> btw hydro does not necessarily mean you cant be organic. I use pure blend line for hydro made with organic stuff

Damn rights Cronic you definitely can grow organic in hydro! They came out with organic nutrients about 10 years ago that are 100% organic and can be used in hydroponic settings. traditionally Hydro couldn't be organic because of the organic material creating algae and other harmful bacteria to the plants.

also, growing in soil by no means certifies your product organic.

Those comments are nice to read.. people can say all the nice things they want about a new pot they were using, but have any of those people put an airpot beside a regular pot and tested the difference and reported on it??

If you look through my journals, i've used both, and im just saying what i've experienced from growing with these pots. They're great dont get me wrong, but from my experience, i would never use one during veg, only in flower.

TheCapn has grown with airpots for the last couple years and has switched back to regular pots because the growth rates are slightly faster. And for growers on a schedule, speed is everything

Nothing against those members, but frankly, he grows better plants than all those members combined, and its a shame he's not on 420 anymore to help explain things like i know he would!

Thing with growing cannabis is, its 90% grower, 10% equipment.. You dont need all the fancy pants shit to grow some killer cannabis.. you also dont need to grow in soil to have superior quality cannabis.

The statements seem like they contradict themselves but read them again, they dont.. I am saying that people transplant their plants too soon.. they see one or two roots at the bottom of the pot and they move it up a size. Thats too soon.

You need to remember i'm not talking about growing in soil. Hydro has many different methods, which i love the versatility of it.. Soil.. what do you got? a Pot, a dirt bed, or the ground.. they're all pretty much the same tho.. But with hydro, i have DWC, Ebb and Flow, aeroponics, aquaponics, recirculating top feed, NFT systems. Each of which perform differently, and in turn the plant behaves that way too.

>>> In what way does this mock organically grown buds specifically for medicinal purposes.

just because someone grows in soil, they're organically grown? This is just false. 25 years of growing experience would teach you otherwise.

I grow my plants in a pot, just like a soil grow. I water the plants from the top of the medium, just like a soil grow, i have run off just like a soil grow. I inoculate my root zone, just like in a soil grow. I transplant my plants up pot size, like a soil grow. So i'm failing to see how my method of hydroponics DOESN'T replicate a soil grow?

Also, whats not organic about using rockwool and OMRI listed organic nutrients? (if thats what i was using for sake of argument)

>>> because getting back to nature means far superior medication.

Hold up...So what you're implying is that all indoor grown cannabis is not as good as outdoor grown buds? Because if you want to get back to growing naturally, since you are saying thats superior, then we should only grow outside and water with only rain water right? LOL. :rofl:

i hop you do learn something from this journal, as i hope to learn something from everyone that stops by! If people aren't learning something i'm doing something wrong.

Please tell me to get my shit together if you dont learn anything!!!

They came out with organic nutrients about 10 years ago that are 100% organic and can be used in hydroponic settings.
However your still not growing organically
also, growing in soil by no means certifies your product organic.
Correct I did say that also, you must read my post.
Those comments are nice to read.. people can say all the nice things they want about a new pot they were using, but have any of those people put an airpot beside a regular pot and tested the difference and reported on it??
And besides it doesn't matter what those people say cause your right and they are wrong... Right?
If you look through my journals, i've used both, and im just saying what i've experienced from growing with these pots. They're great dont get me wrong, but from my experience, i would never use one during veg, only in flower.
Okay so now they are great, fair enough. Use them for what you want but don't flame other people for being shitty growers because you do it different and better, bad karma.
TheCapn has grown with airpots for the last couple years and has switched back to regular pots because the growth rates are slightly faster. And for growers on a schedule, speed is everything
Totally agree Capn can do what he wants if he chooses, and if his environment lends itself to a different technique doesn't mean everyone has to do it that way or they are wrong.
Nothing against those members, but frankly, he grows better plants than all those members combined, and its a shame he's not on 420 anymore to help explain things like i know he would!
Pretty broad statement, insinuating again that others some having many years and 10's of thousands of posts are wrong or yielded less, cause frankly you just can't know that for sure.
And to bad he isn't around to explain how he is better then 10 people put together, that would be interesting
Thing with growing cannabis is, its 90% grower, 10% equipment
Does the plant factor in there, another bold statement. So how does cannabis growin the Hindu Kush mountains without a grower or equipment?
You dont need all the fancy pants shit to grow some killer cannabis.. you also dont need to grow in soil to have superior quality cannabis.
Yes very true so, you really could use a smart pot and soil to grow awesome cannabis. Maybe all those people that used smart pots actually did have just as good cannabis as the capn, combined ofcourse though.
The statements seem like they contradict themselves but read them again, they dont.. I am saying that people transplant their plants too soon.. they see one or two roots at the bottom of the pot and they move it up a size. Thats too soon.
Read them again, still contradicting, how is it to soon, based on what evidence, Nature doesn't repot her plants they have infinite amount of grow space. Seeing roots coming out the bottom is a good time to transplant to avoid what happened your plants when the got all bunched up and root bound.
You need to remember i'm not talking about growing in soil.
Yes I remembered you don't grow in soil, didn't see any soil in any of your Youtube videos.
Hydro has many different methods, which i love the versatility of it.. Soil.. what do you got? a Pot, a dirt bed, or the ground
Another very true statement, Soil is so simple it seems, but the miricale is in it's simplicity. All the various hydro systems is just mans attempt to replicate nature. I can grow much larger and much better plants outside than you can inside. I think "that's" awesome.
i have DWC, Ebb and Flow, aeroponics, aquaponics, recirculating top feed, NFT systems. Each of which perform differently, and in turn the plant behaves that way too
Are you suggesting I would get a different Pheno expression depending on what system I used?
Then you posted
This particular method of growing mocks soil growing
Then I replied "In what way does this mock organically grown buds specifically for medicinal purposes"
Never did I ever infer I grew organically, only you suggested you grew organically which your not because of your nute regime.
Also, whats not organic about using rockwool and OMRI listed organic nutrients? (if thats what i was using for sake of argument)
For the sake of the argument, please quote me when I said or suggested rockwool specifically wasn't organic, and OMRI is an American designation that certifies Organics, and your still not organic because your still not using 100% certified organic Nutrients.
Hold up...So what you're implying is that all indoor grown cannabis is not as good as outdoor grown buds? Because if you want to get back to growing naturally, since you are saying thats superior, then we should only grow outside and water with only rain water right?
You would be wrong if you thought I was implying that "all" indoor bud is inferior to Outdoor natural bud. You are free to perceive anything you like, I know a lot of farmers that grow indoors that do much better than outdoor. It is a matter of choice.
It is much more difficult to claim "I am 100% Organic " Indoors, a large market share demands Organic, and to say it when your not is both dishonest and unethical.
25 years of growing experience would teach you otherwise
Growing up on a homestead farming has taught me a lot, but this experience reminds me that every now and then some guy comes along and thinks he knows everything and then tries to show you how. When really, it certainly isn't the case.
Please tell me to get my shit together if you dont learn anything!!!
I don't see how anyone telling anyone to get there shit together would do any good. At least your getting a good laugh out of it.

I'll explain the statement thing a bit more later tonight when I'm back home.. Promise!

NorCal, that is correct. That is Dinafem OG kush. I highly suggest it to anyone following along. Damn it is some top shelf stuff!!

yea I grew a dinafem og kush was very nice

canalchemist
how long from start to finish does it take for one of your monster outdoor plants
strain dependent I can get an average of 4oz every 3 weeks so how many ounces of primo bud with no pesticides no bugs but not always lol
most time no bugs no pesticides and I also use organic pesticides when I do
and when I do it gets washed before its dried
but figure on a perpetual grow which you wouldn't be able to achieve outside I can grow year round and average 4 oz every 3 weeks
using organic nutes im sure by the time you harvest im already in the how many lbs did I grow
just a thought

edit don't get me wrong I have had plants 6+oz too im just averaging it with the lower yielding ones
like I said strain dependent and these are dried weights

I'm not really getting a laugh out of it anymore

>>> However your still not growing organically

Yea, so? please copy and paste from ANY source on the internet that says i'm claiming to be growing organically.

>>> only you suggested you grew organically which your not because of your nute regime.

This again? never claimed to be organic.. maybe you need to read MY posts

>>> and your still not organic because your still not using 100% certified organic Nutrients

Really.. seriously? I've used Future Harvests and GH in the past and i use Technaflora currerntly. Not organic and NEVER CLAIMED TO BE.. so where the fuck do you get this organic thing?

>>> And besides it doesn’t matter what those people say cause your right and they are wrong… Right?
>>> Okay so now they are great, fair enough. Use them for what you want but don’t flame other people for being shitty growers because you do it different and better, bad karma.
>>> Totally agree Capn can do what he wants if he chooses, and if his environment lends itself to a different technique doesn’t mean everyone has to do it that way or they are wrong

First of all, i'm not saying anyone else is wrong or terrible growers AGAIN, please copy and paste where i said i think they are terrible growers and they are wrong..

i think you need to take your own advice and read my posts thoroughly. I am stating my opinion and personal findings. Just the same way you are stating your condescending opinions; Nowhere am i saying that this is the law of the land, or how you have to do it.. People ask, so i tell, thats good karma.

The only person "flaming" anyone is you. talking to me about bad karma? All i said is that i think TheCapn grows better plants than the people you mentioned. maybe you should pack a bowl, and take your condescending attitude to someone else's journal.

I feel you are of no positive contribution to this journal. All you're here to do is accuse people of saying things they never said, nit-pick peoples posts and think you're better cause you grow outside. I respectfully ask you to take your comments elsewhere.

>>> but this experience reminds me that every now and then some guy comes along and thinks he knows everything and then tries to show you how. When really, it certainly isn’t the case.

HAHAHA, cant believe i missed this..

Not sure how you figure this "experience" reminds you of that. I'm not claiming to know everything, and i sure am not telling people how they should grow their plants.

Now, i'm going to get back to growing plants the way i do.. you should do the same and keep your comments to yourself if you visit my journal again.

GT is just tryin to help people out, learn from his own journals and hopefully learn from some others while he's at it. Give the guy a break.

I personally really enjoy reading here and learning about growing in rockwool! It does motivate me and help me keep my shit together for sure to read this stuff. We're all just trying to learn from each other.

Maybe Cannabis grows in the mountains cause God wanted it to; I'm sure it would grow much better with a grower there to prune and trim. Maybe the Rams and Mountain goats are secretly expert growers and prune with perfection.

As for the transplanting; I think GT was just trying to get a point across that if you transplant too soon then your not going to have as solid or dense of a root mass. Transplanting too soon is wasteful as you gotta pour extra nutrient solution through that larger pot and the root system is not large enough to take advantage of the extra irrigating. It would be a much better decision to wait until the plant is "almost" root bound before transplanting. Wasting and mixing extra nutrients sucks.

Peace, Chill and Smoke lots of Herb!

I forgot to mention that airpots/smartpots possibly make a larger difference in soil then with rockwool. Probably is also dependent on the grow environment.

Back
Top Bottom