GreenThumb J's White Widow Clone Run RTF/DWC

by the way, the mold was actually up the stem where i trimmed off a fan leaf, about a 1/4 of an inch to 1/2 an inch above rockwool block.. it was weird.. hope it doesnt spread to other clones in the dome!!

and ya man... 4 months at least i'm sure to flower it out.. maybe even longer. A real haze will take up to 20 weeks to finish, but damn the end product is so worth it!!

FJC??? Fruity Chronic Juice!!!... Whats over your plant.. lol not stoned enough yet this morning!!! We should try to grow the THC bomb in similar conditions.. I.E same lighting and growing medium and shit if possible

Right now, I have 2, 600 watt HPS bulb up there. We could either grow them in similar conditions and see how they differ, or grow them in different conditions and see how they relate.....

I plan to use the same materials as my first grow. Technaflora Nutes, rockwool cube medium, and both 600 watt lights. We can do a complete run down of our grows with all the specs and info.....

20 weeks! Whoa! After my vacation, I will have plenty of time to raise some fully mature sativas. I cant wait to get my liberty haze going! I didn't realize when I ordered my seeds that the haze's, chronics and white widows would take that long to flower. I had the Indica and Sativa flower times reversed...... But I think It was a good mistake b/c I'm gona have some killer nugs now!

Hmmm...Just had a thought. With your NEW Journals on the way, and new toys..... What do you plan to use when growing the THC Bomb?

That is weird for the mold to creep up the stem. Maybe the humidity is to much in the dome. I try not to use my dome any more. I just make sure to spray them down a few times a day to keep them moist.

I am going to be using 2 6" cooltubes running 600w of MH/HPS per tube. 1200w total like you. Rockwool as well, probably the cubes tho, not blocks. i'm thinking i will be doing an RTF tho so i can keep the roots out of warmer water

Check my first post for what i will be using this run for nutes.. its the same i will run for the THC bomb.. but add in SSU for flower and probably a thing or two i might pick up along the way.. probably will just run the GH 3 part and weekly tea applications with extra mycorrhizae added..

Cant forget about the HydroGuard (was called AquaShield.. they changed the name) that shit is almost as important as the plant itself!! i swear by it in hydro applications.. main ingredient in Heisenberg tea, so its gotta be some good shit right?

Oh, I forgot about the aquashield, I will order that very soon for sure. I will also add the SSU the next grow during flower.

Heisenberg tea? never herd of it, but if you swear by it, im sold!

Here you go C1... Check it out and get on it!

I will be running this, minus the Gen Hydro's Ancient Forest. I will be substituting for a liquid humic acid supplement to brew in the tea. Also won't be using Great white, but instead Gen Hydro's Subculture M.

Alright, I am in~~ Good job, Greenthumb J :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Thank you for following along! Once the clones take off, this show will really get on the road!!

Sounds like you have got the BUG for sure. Looking forward to seeing all the new strains.

The bug? I Duno what you're talking about Capn!!! Haha okay, I'm hooked! Considering going down to part time with the day job so I can tend to the ever growing garden more often. Also allows me more time to spend with my GF!!

Sounds like you have got the BUG for sure. Looking forward to seeing all the new strains.

Reading over the last page... I cant agree with you more Capn! Hook line and sinker!

My original plan was to just run plants from seed or clones in the grow box, but after reading TheCapn's articles and blog posts, going big is the way to go! Tiny dinky plants stuffed into that box is hard to work on. Its near impossible to do anything with the plants that are against the back wall of the grow space in there.

With an 8'x8'x6.5' tent as well as a 4'x4'x6.5' tent, i now have so much space to work with, i don't even know what i'm going to do with it all!! The 8'x8' tent will be setup up last as i need to find some help getting the top part of the skeleton on the bottom part. Its not your typical PVC framed tent. These are more durable metal poles, and it isn't exactly manageable for one person. Not manageable for 2. Probably not manageable with 3, but theres more possibility of achievement with 3, and 4 just happens to be the lucky number cause everyone gets a corner to attach.

Also, theres more that i need to do to get this tent ready. For instance, i still need to put the CoolTube reflectors together. i also still need to get my hands on a 6" inline fan to cool the lights and another 6" fan and carbon filter to remove the air from the tent.

The 4'x4' tent just needs a 4" inline fan and carbon filter and its ready to go! Also need to decide what type of growing method i am going to do in this tent. I probably will do a DWC in this tent for now until some more money comes back into the bank cause its cheap and i cant afford to play around with shit really at the moment. Or i will say fuck it and just go all out, spend all my money, piss off the GF, Come home with a giant ass box of rockwool cubes, super roots air pots, a water pump, an air pump some rubbermaid totes, PVC tubing, a huge jug of Hydroguard (Aquashield) and some various size pots to transplant the growing plants with. Fuck so expensive!!

DWC it is for the first grow! haha or we will see if i can poor man this grow with poor man equipment!

anyways, i'm off to figure out what i'm going to do with the 2, possibly 3 new journals i will be starting in the next month!!

GreenThumb out

Who needs cash? They only green you need is some sticky icky......

Ramen noodles, Campbell's soup and water........Dont need much food either.... lol

8'x8' is a monster tent!
I have 8'x4' with 2x 600w HPS. I figure if I were a better grower I could be pulling 10oz every 10 weeks.
1 oz a week it's more than the family can consume :)

Based on my style (so far) I need a veg area about the same size as a flower area + plus a potting and mute mixing station.

What percentage do you expect to allocate to grow / flower / seedling and work area?

Who needs cash? They only green you need is some sticky icky......

Ramen noodles, Campbell's soup and water........Dont need much food either.... lol

Hahah GF might leave me tho. Pretty sure it's because I'm a chef she's with me!!! But I grow sticky green now which she loves, so I might be okay!!

Sht im late.

It's all good Dusty, glad ya made it!!

You may wan to see the 420 Magazine sponsor page, there are 2 Canadian seed banks in Canada that can serve you.

Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®

https://www.mjseedscanada.com

https://www.truenorthseedbank.com

Thanks again John, I will look into those seed banks when I'm needing to make another order!

You may wan to see the 420 Magazine sponsor page, there are 2 Canadian seed banks in Canada that can serve you.

Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®

https://www.mjseedscanada.com

https://www.truenorthseedbank.com

I just looked into both of these seed banks and while they seem great, the One that i chose, which is not a 420 sponsor unfortunately, has a much wider selection of breeders, a larger selection of strains as well as a more organized way of viewing each category of seeds. The only downfall is they do not ship to the USA. Not a bad idea in my opinion however. Look what happened to Marc Emery and Emery seeds here in Vancouver. He Sold seeds to US customers and finishes spending 5 years in US prison on wednesday this week coming up.

My particular categories i searched on the Non-sponsor page were High THC strains and High CBD strains, although i didn't order any CBD strains this time around.

Get your seed shipment yet?

Happy Shatterday to everyone!

My Morning update.

The GF made her own 420mag account here!! so go welcome her! her username is LadyGreenthum, cause she's so original! haha :rofl: Shes going to grow her own plant when our seed order arrives and we get all the lights and shit set up.. i'm thinking it will probably be end of August when i get the big tent show finally up and running and ready for a plant or 2 or 3 or 10!!

Shes going to grow a Dinafem OG kush in her own RTF system that i will of course help her set up, but she will be doing the pruning, troubleshooting, feeding.. all that shit.. i will just assist her, as well as take care of my other plants and my other tent i will have going!

Tomorrow is my day off! Yay! I can get some real work done. That includes finishing the clean up of my den so i can set up the 4x4 tent and get that ready for its new additions this week coming up. I've moved the grow box into my planned area for the 8x8 tent cause Lady Greenthumb would rather have a small white cabinet looking thing in plain view rather than a Monster tent! haha

She makes a point! :laughtwo:

Also i would like to get the bottom and top part of the skeleton for the Monster tent ready to attach when i have 2 extra pairs of hands willing to help. Once i have the tents up and built, the hard shitty part is out of the way. Constructing the 2x CoolTubes is a breeze, cause all thats needed is to attach the reflector. Then i just need to wait for these inline fans to come into the warehouse here at my local supply, and i will get them. then I move the DWC's into the big tent and re model my veg area. Thinking a small flood table and a top feed system for the veg area, or maybe a small Ebb&Flo? i duno, i need something to battle the warmer temperatures that the bathroom can experience with inadequate air circulation, mainly no good way to get the hot air out!! i have to formulate a plan to have my bathtub area stay as the veg area cause theres not really any other space for me to have a veg area other than buying another 4x4 tent. But then i'm living in a tent city and i think the GF has put her foot down on buying more tents unless we move to a house and have like 2 or 3 larger spare bedrooms to do this all in.

So on to my real update.

I'm just waiting for my seed order to arrive as well as my new goodie!! Goodie should be here around Wednesday, and beans should be here sometime next week, i'm going to say like... tuesday they arrive. I'm just speculating tho!

OF the 20 seeds that i germinated, theres 10 in rockwool cubes in the growbox under some indirect light until the seeds crack the surface of the rockwool.

the first 2 GWSxWW seeds that i germinated are already forming their first true set of leaves. I sure hope these fast sprouters arent males, and just speedy genetics as a result of this crossing, or a very successful attempt at germination with my new method.

I also have 5 to 7 more seeds that have cracked, i'm just waiting till they have a longer taproot, cause the 2 forming their first true set of leaves had over an inch long taproot when i planted them, and they are doing awesome!

All in all my revised germination method has been a wild success!

I am going to flower my plants in the Super Roots Air pot. I can purchase 5 20gal airpots for less than $80 canadian, delivered to my door, or location of choice of course.

This air pot will sit on top of a rubbermaid Tough box which will act as my reservoir. in the res will be the water pump that feeds the roots via a hydro halo set to water once in the morning for about 15-20 mins

Eventually when i am caught up on the bills again, and money isn't so tight, i am going to actually get this shit hahaha. For now, i am going to flower out my larger girls in their DWC homes, or i will build recirculating DWC's for them if the water temps get too high under the cool tubes and with a ridiculous amount of airflow compared to the shitty conditions they are sitting in the bathroom. But i dont see this being a problem.. I actually think these plants going under 2 air cooled lights will drop temps they are experiencing and lower the water temps they are sitting in, thus allowing them to flourish and produce a large harvest for me.

The seeds i am sprouting right now are going to go in the hydro tub if they surpass the clones i have right now. They aren't looking that great. Its been almost a month i cut them, and they aren't really rooting anymore. The new clones i cut aren't doing anything either. I'm going to build a cheap little bubble cloner and see what i can do with that. Hopefully my cloning success can be increased using a method i am familiar growing in already.

I have to make a run to the hydro store soon to get Florablend, rockwool croutons and maybe a slab of rockwool to try some rockwool cloning again, although i think i may give up on rockwool cloning, as i seem to get clones to root, but fuck its just taking too long.. Why do i see everywhere " rooted in 14 days, 12 days, 10 days.... a week? " Fuck, i'm barely rooted in almost a month, this is discouraging i'll tell ya. Will definitely try the method i described above.

On the hydro store note.. I called them an hour ago, and still no hydroguard. "Oh they must be out of stock or something.." kinda sounds like some lazy ass dudes that forgot to put it on their order list. They didn't even know it changed its name to Hydroguard. So looks like i am going to order off amazon, cause i'm pretty sure i will get it faster than the hydro store will get it. And i need it like last week! fuck, i'm down to drops, i swear and res change is coming for the big girls! ugh.

Anyways, to end this post on a not so positive and kinda crappy note, i kinda broke the bowl on my bong before going to load it for a toke. just the piece that goes into the stem broke off, and if you hold it to the stem, it still works hella good actually, its just annoying to have to hold it cause now it has to sit on a table so you can hold the bowl to the stem. Will be going to the bong store tomorrow to replace it as well as return an airline whip for my vaporizer cause they sold me the wrong one and dont have the right one in stock.. again.. back to holding the whip to the heating element.. fuckin wack! i broke the original cleaning it and replacing the screen as per the instructions. guess they had some 8 year old malnourished thai boy sticking his skinny fingers in the glass tube cause i couldn't do it to save my life.

I will have a full picture update tomorrow showing you where i am at with everything when i have the time to take some pictures and upload them.

Until later tonight,

GreenThumb out!

By the way.. LadyGreenthum made a post in the introduce yourself section here.. so thats where you will find her posts for now until we get her set up and she can start her journal. she instantly became pretty interested in this when she made her account. I can see the wheels turning!

Good times ahead!

Back
Top Bottom