GreenThumb J's White Widow Clone Run RTF/DWC

I went and welcomed her!!!

"I have to make a run to the hydro store soon to get Florablend, rockwool croutons and maybe a slab of rockwool to try some rockwool cloning again, although i think i may give up on rockwool cloning, as i seem to get clones to root, but fuck its just taking too long.. Why do i see everywhere " rooted in 14 days, 12 days, 10 days.... a week? " Fuck, i'm barely rooted in almost a month, this is discouraging i'll tell ya. Will definitely try the method i described above."

Im tellin ya brother, feed the clones more. and not just water. Feed them full strength nutes. The clones are already used to getting the high ppm mixes. If you feed just water, they will be struggling!

Moving the ladies out of the bathroom into the tent will make it 100% easier to dial in the temps. And help the water temp....

Dummies at the hydro store....Nothing new. Just like lowels and home deport. They act like they know everything, but cant tie their fucking shoes!!!!

Thanks C1, I'll go home and give them some higher ppm feeding after work. I'm following TheCapns method for cloning, and he seems pretty successful.

I just wanna be able to run clones of the strains that I am going to grow out. Especially if they are good yielders and super potent. If I can clone in a bubbler or an aerocloner I build, then I will be happy. If these strains turn out killer, they are gona stay in GreenThumb's collection!

And the plan getting them out if the bathroom is a main priority cause were about to have another heat wave here!

Back to work! I'll be back later!

I'm in. Not sure how I missed this thread but that an awesome looking grow box.

Glad to have ya Mike! The grow box is actually pretty sweet when it's running efficiently, I.e I'm running clones and a live environment in the reservoir. Other than those 2 things to watch for, the box is an automated mini tank! Castor wheels for easy moving and industrial strength lock on the door to keep snooping people out!

Us potheads are notorious for that....don't feel bad. LOL

I'm notorious for being forgetful and easily sidetracked! So i would never hold it against dusty!

welcome LadyGreenthum !!!! :cheer:

Happy Shatterday to everyone!

My Morning update.

The GF made her own 420mag account here!! so go welcome her! her username is LadyGreenthum, cause she's so original! haha :rofl: Shes going to grow her own plant when our seed order arrives and we get all the lights and shit set up.. i'm thinking it will probably be end of August when i get the big tent show finally up and running and ready for a plant or 2 or 3 or 10!!

Shes going to grow a Dinafem OG kush in her own RTF system that i will of course help her set up, but she will be doing the pruning, troubleshooting, feeding.. all that shit.. i will just assist her, as well as take care of my other plants and my other tent i will have going!

Tomorrow is my day off! Yay! I can get some real work done. That includes finishing the clean up of my den so i can set up the 4x4 tent and get that ready for its new additions this week coming up. I've moved the grow box into my planned area for the 8x8 tent cause Lady Greenthumb would rather have a small white cabinet looking thing in plain view rather than a Monster tent! haha

She makes a point! :laughtwo:

Also i would like to get the bottom and top part of the skeleton for the Monster tent ready to attach when i have 2 extra pairs of hands willing to help. Once i have the tents up and built, the hard shitty part is out of the way. Constructing the 2x CoolTubes is a breeze, cause all thats needed is to attach the reflector. Then i just need to wait for these inline fans to come into the warehouse here at my local supply, and i will get them. then I move the DWC's into the big tent and re model my veg area. Thinking a small flood table and a top feed system for the veg area, or maybe a small Ebb&Flo? i duno, i need something to battle the warmer temperatures that the bathroom can experience with inadequate air circulation, mainly no good way to get the hot air out!! i have to formulate a plan to have my bathtub area stay as the veg area cause theres not really any other space for me to have a veg area other than buying another 4x4 tent. But then i'm living in a tent city and i think the GF has put her foot down on buying more tents unless we move to a house and have like 2 or 3 larger spare bedrooms to do this all in.

So on to my real update.

I'm just waiting for my seed order to arrive as well as my new goodie!! Goodie should be here around Wednesday, and beans should be here sometime next week, i'm going to say like... tuesday they arrive. I'm just speculating tho!

OF the 20 seeds that i germinated, theres 10 in rockwool cubes in the growbox under some indirect light until the seeds crack the surface of the rockwool.

the first 2 GWSxWW seeds that i germinated are already forming their first true set of leaves. I sure hope these fast sprouters arent males, and just speedy genetics as a result of this crossing, or a very successful attempt at germination with my new method.

I also have 5 to 7 more seeds that have cracked, i'm just waiting till they have a longer taproot, cause the 2 forming their first true set of leaves had over an inch long taproot when i planted them, and they are doing awesome!

All in all my revised germination method has been a wild success!

I am going to flower my plants in the Super Roots Air pot. I can purchase 5 20gal airpots for less than $80 canadian, delivered to my door, or location of choice of course.

This air pot will sit on top of a rubbermaid Tough box which will act as my reservoir. in the res will be the water pump that feeds the roots via a hydro halo set to water once in the morning for about 15-20 mins

Eventually when i am caught up on the bills again, and money isn't so tight, i am going to actually get this shit hahaha. For now, i am going to flower out my larger girls in their DWC homes, or i will build recirculating DWC's for them if the water temps get too high under the cool tubes and with a ridiculous amount of airflow compared to the shitty conditions they are sitting in the bathroom. But i dont see this being a problem.. I actually think these plants going under 2 air cooled lights will drop temps they are experiencing and lower the water temps they are sitting in, thus allowing them to flourish and produce a large harvest for me.

The seeds i am sprouting right now are going to go in the hydro tub if they surpass the clones i have right now. They aren't looking that great. Its been almost a month i cut them, and they aren't really rooting anymore. The new clones i cut aren't doing anything either. I'm going to build a cheap little bubble cloner and see what i can do with that. Hopefully my cloning success can be increased using a method i am familiar growing in already.

I have to make a run to the hydro store soon to get Florablend, rockwool croutons and maybe a slab of rockwool to try some rockwool cloning again, although i think i may give up on rockwool cloning, as i seem to get clones to root, but fuck its just taking too long.. Why do i see everywhere " rooted in 14 days, 12 days, 10 days.... a week? " Fuck, i'm barely rooted in almost a month, this is discouraging i'll tell ya. Will definitely try the method i described above.

On the hydro store note.. I called them an hour ago, and still no hydroguard. "Oh they must be out of stock or something.." kinda sounds like some lazy ass dudes that forgot to put it on their order list. They didn't even know it changed its name to Hydroguard. So looks like i am going to order off amazon, cause i'm pretty sure i will get it faster than the hydro store will get it. And i need it like last week! fuck, i'm down to drops, i swear and res change is coming for the big girls! ugh.

Anyways, to end this post on a not so positive and kinda crappy note, i kinda broke the bowl on my bong before going to load it for a toke. just the piece that goes into the stem broke off, and if you hold it to the stem, it still works hella good actually, its just annoying to have to hold it cause now it has to sit on a table so you can hold the bowl to the stem. Will be going to the bong store tomorrow to replace it as well as return an airline whip for my vaporizer cause they sold me the wrong one and dont have the right one in stock.. again.. back to holding the whip to the heating element.. fuckin wack! i broke the original cleaning it and replacing the screen as per the instructions. guess they had some 8 year old malnourished thai boy sticking his skinny fingers in the glass tube cause i couldn't do it to save my life.

I will have a full picture update tomorrow showing you where i am at with everything when i have the time to take some pictures and upload them.

Until later tonight,

GreenThumb out!

Thanks! She's very excited to get growing!

I am about to transplant 3 GWSxWW seedlings that are already forming their second set of true leaves into 4" pots with rockwool cubes.

god damn hydro store is closed today, so i have to use up the last of my rockwool blocks and cut them into cubes. Its a real PITA but i'm a chef, so my knife skills are top notch.

Also, the hydro store is taking its time with the Hydroguard. i could wait up to a week or longer, and pay probably like $40 for a gallon jug.. or i can order it off Amazon for $31 and pay a $61 shipping and handling fee cause the jug is so heavy. This way however, i get the HydroGuard for sure in less than 7 days and i am able to keep my plants extra healthy.

Seriously its been less than a week since i germinated my GWSxWW seeds that came from my last grow, and they are forming their second set of true leaves and roots emerging from the 1" rockwool cube... so its transplant time!

Total seeds i have germinated this round = 20. Viable seeds = 15 or possibly only 10. Of those 15, 10 are in 1" rockwool cubes, all with cotyledon showing, with some having second set of leaves developing. Of the remaining 5, 1 is cracked and taproot is growing (maybe), the other 4 aren't doing anything.. i'm guessing not viable or just taking their time.

So far total seed germination count:
Great White Shark x White Widow = 3 with second set of leaves forming
GWS Self Pollination = 7 with cotelydons developing.

I'm going to grow all of them out if i can. Might just do a SOG in the grow box! If not i will select the best specimens and roll with those ones! NOt like i dont have the space anymore!!

Needless to say, i think my germination method is going to yield me 100% germination rates! Minus the one seed that i ripped the tap root off from the head... in the garbage!!! These germination rates are great cause it looks like its gona take me less time to sprout seeds than trying to root clones hahaha!!

I also have one clone in particular that looks good and looks like its rooting really nicely now after almost a month since being cut. So hopefully they ACTUALLY take off and i can transplant them into their new homes in the hydro tub

Okay checked the clones just now before I left for work (haven't fed em yet C 1.. But I might tonight). Took the dome off the clones and took a look at the older ones, and 2 have roots emerging out of the bottom of the 3" rockwool blocks. FINALLY!!! The other 2 maybe 3 I have of the old ones will be rooted either later today or by tomorrow.

Looks like I need to start getting the hydro tub ready cause this journal is about to kick off with 2 maybe even 3 more journals starting this week.

I also need to get more pots for the seeds that are now seedlings. Hoping by Wednesday all seedlings are transplanted into 5" or 6" pots with rockwool cubes, which I will also buy either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Question.. Do I fork out $90 to get a gallon jug of Hydroguard shipped to me.. Or wait up to a couple weeks for the hydro store to order it in, but pay probably less than half the price... I don't know what to do!!

Tonight, LadyGreenThum and myself will discuss our upcoming journals, the grow space as well as set up the 4x4 tent for secret journal!

Back to work folks! Update everyone later!

Also, the newer clones are seeming to root much faster than the first batch I took. Also my germination rates are much higher than last round also.

Reason I'm contemplating getting the Aquashield or Hydroguard online is because I need it ASAP!!!! The hydro tub is going to be turned on in the next week and I need that liquid gold!!

Picture update tonight as well

Also, the newer clones are seeming to root much faster than the first batch I took. Also my germination rates are much higher than last round also.

Reason I'm contemplating getting the Aquashield or Hydroguard online is because I need it ASAP!!!! The hydro tub is going to be turned on in the next week and I need that liquid gold!!

Picture update tonight as well

Should you/could you?

Bottom line, you need that product in days. Just do it!

You have a full plate for sure!! If you cant grow without it, you dont really have a choice. If the plants dont look like death and can hold on week or too, then hold off. I haven't used Aquashield yet and my plants all had nice white roots. ( minus the gnat fuckers )

Should you/could you?

Bottom line, you need that product in days. Just do it!

I definitely can, however, $91 is a big hit to the Grow Fund, when i need to buy 3 inline fans for the 2 tents i have, plus 2 carbon filters. I also still need to buy rockwool croutons and some more pots to transplant the seedlings into. Plus the 1st of the month approaches.. gotta love the bills!

You have a full plate for sure!! If you cant grow without it, you dont really have a choice. If the plants dont look like death and can hold on week or too, then hold off. I haven't used Aquashield yet and my plants all had nice white roots. ( minus the gnat fuckers )

You're right C1.. i do have my hands full right now. But with all the seeds i have sprouted, i'm not sure how many will make it to flower as I'm not sure what i am doing with these seeds. Remember, I'm not a breeder in any way. I know nothing about cannabis breeding other than ya take some male pollen and ya put it on a bud or two and soon you have seeds developing and waiting to mature. About my "not a breeder" line above, these seeds were created by me (accidentally), and i am growing them out cause they are free and why the hell not. Just want to see if the GWS self pollination produces feminized seeds, as well as see how the GWSxWW cross turns out!

I'm going to flower out everything, unless it turns out to be male, but i have a feeling, all these seeds i'm germinating will turn out female. Then i will harvest them when they are 30-50% amber trichomes, and load up the medicine jars with this free medicine (free for me cause i didn't have to buy seeds, not always the case for patients buying these meds. Will definitely help the bank after all the tents and lights and fans and filters i have spent over $1500 on in the last 2-3 weeks.)

SHIT! i also forgot that the 2 plants in the bathroom need to go into flower in the big tent! Damn.. with the 2 plants in basically the whole 8x8 tent (cause they are easily almost 4ft wide each already) the 3x GWSxWW plus the 11 Self Pollinated GWS are going to have no home to grow in. The 4x4 tent is already being allocated to another grow currently in transit to being started. So that leaves me with having to possibly buy an 8'x4' tent to have these other 14 plants that i want to flower out, or just another 2 600w HID packages that i already have, bringing the total tent wattage in the big tent to 2400w! Which i think might be too much for the apartment but we can always find out!! Might go 1x 1000w and 2x 600w and have the seeds i made under the 1000w light. 14 might be too many for one light tho! fuck! so many things to consider.

Then i have 10 seeds on their way here, and one of them, maybe both, i am going to start growing in september alongside Cannabis 1 in a side by side grow. Trying to mimic similar conditions i think and document how similar we can grow the plant, or in completely different growing methods and see how the plants are similar.

I have WAY too much going on right now! might need to seriously, seriously go down to part time with the job to get all this shit done! Or just get no sleep getting it all done!

I cant say that my plants NEED the Hydroguard, But they thrive with it. Nutrient uptake is much better with a healthier root mass with loads of beneficial microbes that the Aquashield helps promote as well as turning dead material in your reservoir into a useful energy source for your plants. Its highly recommended when germinating seeds, and i swear it annihilates root rot, and is a preventative against it! It doesn't just stop the spread of root rot and Phythium, but literally, new healthy roots emerge from the dying an decaying roots, until theres nothing but cocaine white roots again (unless you're using a powdered mychorrzae product directly in your reservoir like me, Then your roots will be brown, but smelling like healthy roots)

If i'm going to run the original 18 site hydro tub, then Hydroguard is absolutely a must have. The thing is, i'm not sure exactly when the clones will be ready to transplant and turn on the MH lights. I'm thinking within a week tho. my issue is, when i did a test run, with no water in the hydro tub, temps got way out of control inside the box. my hygrometer read something like 35 degress or something!! I'm thinking once theres cold water in the hydro tub, the temps will lower and stabilize much more. Otherwise i'm having to buy an air conditioner unit and run some ducting into the grow box for some super cold air intake.

Anyways, that was quite the rant for this evening. Time for a few pictures of the clones and such!

Clones:
GEDC04961.JPG
GEDC04952.JPG
GEDC04982.JPG

GEDC04942.JPG

Seeds:
GWSxWW:
GEDC04921.JPG
GEDC04932.JPG
GEDC04882.JPG

On the right:
GEDC04872.JPG

Self Pollinated Great White Shark (GWS):
On the Left side:
GEDC04872.JPG
GEDC04912.JPG

Thats all i have for the plants that are growing right now.

I few days ago when topping the White Widow in veg in my bathroom i noticed some of the undersides of the branches had some purple on the bottom, which if i'm not mistaken is a magnesium deficiency. I'm hoping KJC will stop by and let me know what he thinks of this.

Heres the topped portion of the plant that showed signs of purple stems:
GEDC04852.JPG
GEDC04843.JPG

Anyways, its been a long day for GreenThumb, so it off to bed for me

Back
Top Bottom