Greeting from South Africa

Hey Sun Valley, welcome to 420. I must say your girls look amazing!! I love seeing outdoor grows and hopefully some day I can do my own outdoors. Next season, you should do a journal from seed to harvest, we would love to see it. Not enough outdoor gardens in my opinion!

Hi, all.
Long time listener, first time caller.
I had to join up and give a big WOW to Sun Valley. What you have going there is absolutely A-MA-ZING!!!
Read your posts. Pretty sure no one can ever doubt the good karma that altruism brings. (Do good things, and great big forests of joy happens).
Would love the chance to learn from you!

Hi, all.
Long time listener, first time caller.
I had to join up and give a big WOW to Sun Valley. What you have going there is absolutely A-MA-ZING!!!
Read your posts. Pretty sure no one can ever doubt the good karma that altruism brings. (Do good things, and great big forests of joy happens).
Would love the chance to learn from you!
Thank you. Have a journal running but I'm not the best at up keep. Best way to learn is jump right in and crack some beans

Hey Sun Valley how are things your side ? have you harvested those massive trees of yours yet lol ? and do you have anything running indoors atm .... I am having a go at a garage grow but this cold front is bad hope it will pass soon ... my indoor girls are about 10 weeks into veg and ready to flip but worried about temps when im in lights off

420-magazine-mobile180552047.jpg

Sorry replied above

Thank you. Have a journal running but I'm not the best at up keep. Best way to learn is jump right in and crack some beans
Been at it a few years, but boy, i feel like a complete pleb when i look at your stuff. Having oodles of fun with my bagseed, still not confident enough to spend the big bucks on name brand ladies.
Playing around now with an outdoor winter grow, trying to establish (for myself) a comparison between growths & harvests, potency etc varying from season to season (does the stress of the colder weather make an impact like e.g. grapes being sweeter when harvested after a frost?).
Complete nerd, i know.
Btw, frost covers make a HUGE difference in the girls' happiness. Shocking, right?
Have to run before i bore even myself to tears. Cheerio..

I've done winters outside. Definitely smaller yields. Frost cover would definitely help or if you have them in pots just take em inside at night. But yeah definitely not an easy task for them but generally get the.cold bringing out your colours more. Some strains take to the cold better. Good luck with the grow. Don't be too hasty with seed companies. A good plant is where you find it.

I've done winters outside. Definitely smaller yields. Frost cover would definitely help or if you have them in pots just take em inside at night. But yeah definitely not an easy task for them but generally get the.cold bringing out your colours more. Some strains take to the cold better. Good luck with the grow. Don't be too hasty with seed companies. A good plant is where you find it.
Thanks, tjom. I dunno what i have in the bagseed, suspect swazi. Swaziland is highland, gets chilly in winter. Therefore swazi wouldn't be too affected by mid-GP winter temps... it makes sense in my head, therefore experimenting to prove /disprove it to myself. Ya never know until you try, right?
Totally agree with you re seed co.s & good plants. I pretty much don't mind what i grow, if i treat my girls right they'll treat me right. .

Howzit, Sun et al. Need some advice re soil flowering sativa: in week 3 of flowering, my girls are pretty short, stumpy, and only 1/4 progressing in a normal(ish) grow pattern. Discovered yesterday the drainage was non existant, emergency repot ensued (plain potting soil, aged compost, perlite & vermiculite in a ratio of 4:blushsmile:1:1). Drainage is 100% better.
Q: can i feed my girls some kelpak / seagrow yet? They've been through a trauma, don't want to agitate them further, don't want to reveg accidentally. If no, when can i give them a kelp-y boost? (I'm pretty set on only giving them seaweed extract at first, as it's liquid for easy absorbtion, mild enough not to mutate them into some hermie half giant, and won't cause nute burn.)
Any helpful advice?
Cheers, bud.

Yeah give them 1/4 strength should be cool. Also you can do a soil mix of 1/3 1/3 1/3 compost coir perlite and a bag of WC cup of gypsum and should be good as a basic base with good aeration .. I mean there is a lot more that can be added but that's the basics
Thanks. 3/4 still standing after the repot, other one i'm not so sure about, will play with her again tomorrow. Used pretty much the above recipe for the pots with disastrous drainage, but the coir had somehow kind of sunk to bottom of the pots and had formed a dense, weird layer. Genuinely stumped by that. That's why it took me so long to realise drainage was the problem. Eh, we live & learn. .

Thanks. 3/4 still standing after the repot, other one i'm not so sure about, will play with her again tomorrow. Used pretty much the above recipe for the pots with disastrous drainage, but the coir had somehow kind of sunk to bottom of the pots and had formed a dense, weird layer. Genuinely stumped by that. That's why it took me so long to realise drainage was the problem. Eh, we live & learn. .
Hi, all. Sun Valley, a question about outdoor winter growing:
Did you find some of your girls (not autoflowering!) spontaneously flipped themselves into flower when you did it?
I have quite a few sativa landrace girls between 6 weeks & 2 months old that seem to be going into full on flower. they usually veg for about 5 months before flowering.
Could this be a winter grow phenomenon? Have you ever seen something like that in your own plants?
I started using frost covers at night about 3 weeks ago. (The thin white kind you buy anywhere). This could have had an effect, blocking out streetlights etc, but they're further into flower than that.
Just curious about other experiences... any input?
Cheers! .

Did you find some of your girls (not autoflowering!) spontaneously flipped themselves into flower when you did it?
I have quite a few sativa landrace girls between 6 weeks & 2 months old that seem to be going into full on flower. they usually veg for about 5 months before flowering.
Could this be a winter grow phenomenon? Have you ever seen something like that in your own plants?
I started using frost covers at night about 3 weeks ago. (The thin white kind you buy anywhere). This could have had an effect, blocking out streetlights etc, but they're further into flower than that.
Cheers! .

Yes will happen in winter

Cheers! .
Hi Merry

The flower phase of a normal photo seed is always determined by the amount of light they receive ...As soon as the days get short enough it will start to flower outdoors. In summer the days are long and plants will stay in veg until the season changes and days start getting shorter again .This decrease in light hours triggers a hormonal response from the plant telling it its time to flower

Hi Merry

The flower phase of a normal photo seed is always determined by the amount of light they receive ...As soon as the days get short enough it will start to flower outdoors. In summer the days are long and plants will stay in veg until the season changes and days start getting shorter again .This decrease in light hours triggers a hormonal response from the plant telling it its time to flower
So you've also experienced this in your own outdoor grows? Specifically, winter outdoor grows? What percentage of your ladies flipped themselves? I'm looking at about 1/4 of the girls.

Back
Top Bottom