Greetings from Cannasunshine! Preparing for First Grow!

sunny happiness

Greetings, dear souls.

:peacetwo:
:rollit:
Cannasunshine here. Always in the School of Life/ Garden of Life on our Eternal Adventures -- growing and learning. Honoring and appreciating the Joy/Pain and Humor of these Human Experiences.

I am ENTHUSIASTICALLY :yahoo::yahoo: preparing for my very first grow ever in my 50+ years on this planet. THis medicine is for me only and no one else except you folks will know about the grow. SO, you are my source of Inspiration and Information!

I am ever so grateful for the infinite possibilities shared here on 420magazine.com for the growing and honoring one of our favorite and most precious medicines, as well as the multitude of resources available here. This post has taken me a couple of days to put together, as I want to share my situation and ask you as many questions up front as possible to get the Ball Rolling.

THis post would probably be considered two or three postings in one, lol, with all the information and questions.

the intro:

(background)
*First, let me share that since I have the honor of experiencing MTBI ("Mild" Traumatic Brain Injury 40+ years ago at age ten), Severe Fibromyalgia and other health issues, that Memory is not one of my forte's, so I choose to keep life REALLY SIMPLE so that I can function in this "3-D" environment called planet earth. Even with reading any kind of information, and such, my retention and comprehension are very different from most folks. WIth that said, I'm great at multidimensional life! I learn most easily by someone visually sharing what they are talking about.

*I already understand what forums/posts/threads are. AND I am aspiring to slowly reading ROSEMAN'S bubble grow tutorial, as well as Boss's Poor Man's Grow. AS WELL AS other people's introductions, product review, SO MANY PAGES. It's pretty overwhelming at this point, so I am asking for guidance to my specific questions. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE for your compassionate assistance!

*Generally, I cannot glean information from most books, unless they are VERY EASY to comprehend. AND I LOVE PICTURES and clear drawings of diagrams and such. As a child I would take my tricycle apart and put it back together! And in the past six years, I built and add onto a great overhead mezzanine/freeway system with numerous lounging areas for my two cat friends to appreciate. So, I am real good at Stream of Consciousness Creativity. (So, for now, I will not be buying a Grow Bible just yet, and look to my assistance here, where I can ask people questions and/or look at hands on journals/tutorials, etc.

*My brain starts melting down when I try to read technical information of ANY SORT. THis is why I have waited till now to start growing my own. With these online Journals/Tutorials/Videos, along with your assistance, someone like me can envision and experience Terrific Success in these gardening endeavors!

*SO, when you write to me, PLEASE, if you include any of the acronyms for expressions, explain what it is the first time you use it--as I am not so Internet Savvy and only know a few of them (lol, imo, imho, idk, wtf?, wth?, :) ;) and I notice there is a shorthand for many other things in this community.

* And sometimes, I may ask some things over because of comprehension issue.

*PLEASE Include links and perhaps which Post #, etc. or where the exact information is (as compared to just listing a link with many pages and expecting that I can read the whole thing to find the specific timely information) to whatever information you are sharing with me, wherever you can, so that I can easily keep up with everything in my postings and the replies I receive from all of you. I LOVE that we can place links in our signatures. And from what I've been reading thus far, you sound like compassionate, helpful, and patient folks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*The U.S. state where I presently live is not yet a MMJ state. I thought about moving to one of the MMJ states. Yet, am also concerned that Feds would get ahold of people's records and such. So, for now will stay where I am...

*I also just purchased my first Vaporizer--the Arizer V Tower (non-extreme). Could someone share links to this vape on the site?

*In the past weeks, I've been reading some of the grow forums/journals/threads and have decided that Deep Water Culture in a purchased Grow Tent/Room and the wonderful Odor Bucket is the best way for me. I live in a 550 sq ft rental with a great corner in one room for the Grow Tent to be invisible behind fabric already hanging from the ceiling.

*There is a Heat Pump for Heat and Air Conditioning this home and the room the Tent will be.

*I will consider cooler running lights for the growing.

Now that I've shared those bits, I would TOTALLY appreciate if those of you who welcome me will also include in your post LINKS:

*** GROW TENT--The optimum size for my use is the models which are approximately 2 to 2 1/2 foot by 4 to 5 foot long, and I like the idea of at least a six to seven foot height. I'm envisioning HUGE sweet plants.

Which Grow Tent/Room companies are best and which to avoid. I understand about the poisonous PVC experiences some folks had which killed their plants. Recently, I was reading a poll about these and now I can't find it. I'm leaning towards the light. ha ha Actually, I'm leaning towards purchsing the GrowLab 180L or the Secret Jardin or ?? Are there any other Grow Tents which you may have experiences with that knock your socks off and put them back on?

***Deep Water Culture CONTAINER(S)--I think i'd like to build my own Deep Water Culture setup, since the money saved here could go for other supplies, LIGHTS and SEEDS.

I am pretty handy and have been looking at videos and journals. Are these really as easy to put together as it looks? or is it a good idea to buy a first kit for a model? If I purchase a kit, is Stealth Hydro the only one available or are there others on the market now?

***SEEDS--Would I do best to grow some feminized seeds for my first and perhaps all grows, considering my brain issues? OR is it fairly simple to grow all seeds, and pull the boys out as needed?

WHich of the Canadian 420magazine sponsors have you utilized for purchasing seeds? and do you have specific seed seller reccommendations?

In this lifetime, have only used whatever cannabis was available, so I have zero idea of which strains I may wish to grow. Feel free to offer up suggestions since you know I have brain and physical pain/fatigue issues. I am creative and artistic and LOVE TO color mandalas and such after a couple of puffs whilst meditating on LOVE AND JOY, and sending this energy out to all beings. Yes, I will be reading the growers tutorials of all sorts, I am just asking for your personal rec's.

I seem to only need a few puffs at a time. I don't need to get zonked out of my mind or such. I REALLY appreciate cannabis which is uplifting and heart-opening and gets me singing! And I am willing to learn which strains are best for pain/sleeping etc.

***LIGHTS! Camera! Action! I have a good camera, yet am still wondering about lights. The simpler and cooler the better, so that I do not need to rig up lots of light cooling setups. There is a newer maker of LED grow lights who posted on 420 who has a few people using his and posting their grows--Irishboy is one of them. and I haven't read their journals yet. Any input on those lights yet, made and sold by GrowLedHydro.com?

I actually just took all the CFL's out of my home after finding out about the mercury inside of them and reading on the Internet about when they break, the way you have to Seal off/ Evacuate the room for 15 minutes so as not to breath in the escaped mercury and VERY CAREFULLY and meticulously cleaning them up so as not to breathe in mercury vapor. SO, I am less inclined to grow with CFL's just because of the mercury issue. Can they be put into any types of enclosed glass or other containers for growing use?

:peace: :thanks: :thanks::thanks::thanks::420:

OH, THANK YOU for taking time to read this lengthy introduction, with all these questions. I EAGERLY anticipate your replies and look forward to many years of being connected to this community.

BLISS AND BLESSINGS TO ALL on our Eternal Adventures!
Cannasunshine

Let's get to Work!
First off A Huge Welcome to You CannaSunshine, Very Nice To Meet YoU! :yahoo:
A very Well Orchestrated Introduction!

*** GROW TENT-- My least known subject (only because I have never used one) Both Brands you mentioned are widely used. Here is a list and additional info and photo on tents and sizes
Indoor growroom enclosures from Growco Indoor Garden Supply

You may also ask other questions about tents here,
Cabinet, Closet, & Grow Room Setup - 420 Magazine

***Deep Water Culture CONTAINER(S)-- Stealth Hydro only place I know that sells that set-up
If you really want to go with building your own you have to take the time to read (Alot of Pictures) this.
Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY

The Thing about buying it from Stealth Hydro, It is a all included easy to use Nutes, Rockwool, hoses, pumps, Etc. Kit.
SH Hydroponics, Inc. > Deep Water Culture™ Grow Ready Kit

***SEEDS-- Most seed companys listed here are overseas. No worries friend,
Cannabis Seeds Attitude Marijuana Seeds
Or any other Sponsor seed company will do fine.
420 Magazine - Sponsors

***LIGHTS! No worries here too CFL are widely used by Many, Many Growers with no ill effects. Cheap to to buy and to run. More info and photos here from Roseman.
CFL Light Tutorial

We are here for you so keep the questions coming.
I hope I enlightened you alittle.
If you need other information or I was not clear, please Continue Posting.
We wish you much luck.
This is very exciting time starting a grow.
We will be waiting for more from you in the forums and here.
Greenest Regards. :thumb:

THANK you, The Weed, for your lively welcome. I'm truly jazzed about growing my own from now on. Going from paying out the wazoo for who-knows-what kind of "weed" to being a co-creator with the seeds.

I think you are probably correct about purchasing a Stealth Hydro Deep Water Culture for the first grow, since it is a fully equipped package. THAT will take a load off the mind to focus on other aspects. Thank you for your input on this and I will also go now and check out the other links you posted.

I've already looked at Roseman's DIY Bubble Tutorial, which is why I thought about going ahead with a DIY, yet it is so simple to just get everything together ready to start.

I look forward to stayin' in touch and am here for the long haul.

Peace Love and BLessings,
Cannasunshine

Well Sunshine "The Weed" set you up right !! Use the tutorials he mentioned and you'l be golden. If I were you I'd do my first run through with bag seeds those are just plain old seeds you find when you buy a bag of weed from someone. Usually not found in the top quality weed you'd get from a dispensary, but these "free" seeds can grow some amazing weed . Or if you prefer just order some from one of the sponsors here . Always remember these are weeds so its not going to be very hard to grow . Just take your time and follow the directions you've been reading here . Any questions are usually answered very quickly. Glad to have you on board welcome and have a great day .. :peace:

Hi Cannasunshine, :welcome: to the 420Magazine forums. :welcome:
You have meet my big brother The Weed! Nice job bigbro. :thumb:
I'm glad you joined us. Don't be shy around here.
If there is anything I can do for you let me know.
Good luck with your grow. I'll see you around the forums.
:peace:

Thank you, ol' hippy. CocoJoe and Bayareastoner, for your supportive welcomes. In the last day, I've purchased the SH Deep Water Culture Combo Kit with the Dual SPectrum light kit. Yes, Iknow, there are better light setups. Yet, the nearest bigger town for gettings supplies is an hour away, and I'm car-free. In the time to come as I grow and learn in many ways, I'll add other lights and more...I also purchased a GROWLAB120 on ebay from an Orchids Grow Supplier for a great deal with free shipping! My intuition said get a bigger tent than i first thought. So, maybe the Angels and Elementals of these forthcoming Canna Mothers know that the plants are going to love growing tall and healthy.

Again, thank you all for your kind welcomes. and see you in the forums.

Peace love and catnip OOOPS cannabis bliss!

Back
Top Bottom