Greetings from FL

Creeper

Hi all,

I've been lurking around here for quite a while and just recently decided to become an active member. And, I'm glad I have!

I've used MJ on and off for 20 or so years, recreationally. In the off years, it was due to job restrictions, testing, that type of stuff. About 6 years ago I began having issues with my back, hip, and a few other items and was diagnosed with Psoriatic Spondyloarthropathy. That's as hard to type as it is to pronounce...

Anyhow, I began going to a 'pain clinic', which essentially is a legal dispensary for pills. Got quite addicted to pain pills for a few years, lost my way, almost lost the family. Went cold turkey on the pain pills and wound up in a sweaty, shivering ball in the corner of my bedroom for about 5 days. Tell ya what, though... never felt better after I came out of that. Was like being reborn. A few months later I was able to quit smoking as well (after 21 years). Hmm, sounds like cigs were my gateway drug to weed.. :)

Since my health began declining, I had wanted to try and see if MJ was able to help my condition. I haven't been able to smoke for the last few years due to my job. Things have changed, and I was finally able to test it out! It has been transformational for me. I really had no idea how effective MJ could be for pain management.

Unfortunately, I live in a state where they're gestapo-like for drugs, so I don't expect MMJ here any time soon. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be suprised if it's the last state in the union to approve it. I certainly don't need to tell any of you readers how messed up FL is, after the election fiasco in 2000.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all I look forward to chatting at ya, and picking your brains for grow-tips.

:joint: Creeper

:welcome: Creeper fantastic introduction thank you for that! :thanks: for sharing your story. Those pills are murder, Glad to hear you were able to rid yourself of that man made poison. We are VERY glad to hear what Cannabis is able to do for you. You are not alone Cannabis has help tons and tons of people and alot of 420 Members. Sorry to say you may be right about FLA. 420 hopes to see and hear more from you in the forums. Thanks again best regards. :roorrip: :peace:

Hi creeper, so far little hope for Florida unless you love pills. Sad state of affairs. Stay Safe and Much Luck to ya & family!:welcome::peace:

I totally agree with Dain Bramage, why make the pharma companies' wallets fat when you can grow your own medicine. I am really pulling for Fla. to become a compassionate state.:peace:

Awesome - thanks a ton, everyone, for the warm welcome. Yeah, I'll never touch the pharma again. That stuff is bad voodoo from start to finish. I look forward to hanging with you all on the boards.

I guess this will be where I say high and intro myself. I live in FL too and just recently found out that FL has the worst Marijauna laws in the country. Education thru BAD F'N luck. Oh ya a script for pain pills, any kind I want, is only a phone call to a doctor away but a roach is worth a year in jail??? Go figure???

Hey! Welcome to the site. We are fairly new here also and just looking for some chill people in our area to get to know. We live in Tampa (West Central Florida) for those of you who are not familiar with the state.

STAY AWAY FROM PILLS!!!!!

Hey I'm in Fl too (NW)! Moved here to escape the cold. Now I'm driving back to the cold to restock lol. Would be nice to have a connect here, but I have lots of seeds and benn studying, but can't get them to germinate...arrrgh

I'm in the Tampa Bay area. Orig. from Maine so I know what you mean about escaping the cold. Been here 17 years never looked back. Went to Blue Ridge GA for a couple of years and met some really cool people. Any one ever been to Camp Regge in Isabel? I meet the rastta Brothers & Sisters that live there and put that together. They have a kick ass band called Natti Love Joy. Very good people.

Hi all,

I've been lurking around here for quite a while and just recently decided to become an active member. And, I'm glad I have!

I've used MJ on and off for 20 or so years, recreationally. In the off years, it was due to job restrictions, testing, that type of stuff. About 6 years ago I began having issues with my back, hip, and a few other items and was diagnosed with Psoriatic Spondyloarthropathy. That's as hard to type as it is to pronounce...

Anyhow, I began going to a 'pain clinic', which essentially is a legal dispensary for pills. Got quite addicted to pain pills for a few years, lost my way, almost lost the family. Went cold turkey on the pain pills and wound up in a sweaty, shivering ball in the corner of my bedroom for about 5 days. Tell ya what, though... never felt better after I came out of that. Was like being reborn. A few months later I was able to quit smoking as well (after 21 years). Hmm, sounds like cigs were my gateway drug to weed.. :)

Since my health began declining, I had wanted to try and see if MJ was able to help my condition. I haven't been able to smoke for the last few years due to my job. Things have changed, and I was finally able to test it out! It has been transformational for me. I really had no idea how effective MJ could be for pain management.

Unfortunately, I live in a state where they're gestapo-like for drugs, so I don't expect MMJ here any time soon. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be suprised if it's the last state in the union to approve it. I certainly don't need to tell any of you readers how messed up FL is, after the election fiasco in 2000.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all I look forward to chatting at ya, and picking your brains for grow-tips.

Hello Creeper :welcome: to 420Mag what part of Florida south or north? I used to have a nightclub on North Miami Beach back in the 80's early 90's smoked some chronic back then called Kryptonite (so powerful brought Superman to his knees) Real good for Fla as most of the stuff there heads North for $$$. Well this is about you I have some links to terrific members with great Grow Journals in progress who will be happy you dropped in. If you have any questions just ask we are here to help.
I too suffer from extensive injuries and have been taking Schedule II Narcotics for a decade so I know what you are saying. I am a recent RI MMJ patient and have great success using MMJ in place of many pills a day.
If you have need any assistance just ask there are friendly people here who want to help spread knowledge and information about all things Cannabis.
So :surf:Grow Journals - 420 Magazine and blow your mind with some chronic strains of MMJ that will leave you spinning.I will also provide you with some links to friendly members with terrific grow journals in progress that will be happy to meet you.
Here are the links:
The VipersNest Continuous
Coming along nicely
OldMedMan's First Grow Couchlock 2009
Let's grow some Weed!

Back
Top Bottom