Greetings from Guam

bahaki

420 Member
Hi all, grower from Guam here. We legalized earlier in the year, although the regs aren't in place for retail stuff yet - just personal cultivation and possession.

Long time member of IC and various other forums. Still active over there, but looking to see what other communities are out there. This seems like a very nice place.

Big fan of Ace and Cannabiogen, as well as things as close to landrace as possible. My general rule is that I want to be able to trace whatever I grow back to its roots whenever possible. While I appreciate the power of the recent polyhybrids that have been developed lately, it seems like it's becoming a bit homogeneous, and so I'd rather spend my time working with things like PCK or various Hazes.

Currently growing Bubba Hash, PCK, PDK, and some unknown "og kush" I was given.

I look forward to contributing. Here's a shot of dried PDK F1 - a cross I did of PCK and PanamaDC
IMG_20191109_122414.jpg

And a shot of that mystery kush. I think she'll do well in crosses with something like OTHaze, PCK, or even Bubba Hash.
IMG_20191116_095505.jpg

From what i have read land race is not found in cannabis all cannabis has been selectively breed by the farmers of those regions for thousands of years to be exactly what they are nature did not create them on her own mans hand has touched it though out the ages same plant now as it was back then genetically.All her attributes have been selectively breed by humans.PCK or pakistani chitral kush is one very point in that conversation her purple look was selectvely breed into her other wise she would be green as most cannabis is specially after crossing two different strains the dom gene takes back over.

I have never smoked a land race strain that was better than a hybrid.My opinion.And i have grown many most stretch to much buds are to airy and potency is to low for my tolerance.Other than a few like pck most are no longer available because of eradication efforts and homegrown hybrids.Or are not worth growing indoors due to space limits.

I believe on another thread this was discussed. Most banks may say landrace but in all honesty they're breed with multiple other strains as they've been passed down through generations. From what I was told I believe they said Ace seeds was the only place that has actual pure strains. I was looking into this as I bought Durban Poison seeds from our new sponsor New420Guyseeds. According to the site , she's a pure landrace stativa. It doesn't state anything other genetics in the seeds.

I have never smoked a land race strain that was better than a hybrid.My opinion.And i have grown many most stretch to much buds are to airy and potency is to low for my tolerance.Other than a few like pck most are no longer available because of eradication efforts and homegrown hybrids.Or are not worth growing indoors due to space limits.
Totally agree. Landraces and other heavily inbred varieties often shine through better in hybrids, which is where my interest is. My original post may have been confusing, but I'm more or less interested in being able to know the genetics makeup of the things I work with, down to where it originated from. Not always the case, as you can see with that random "Kush" that's almost certainly an S1 of some polyhybrid that may or may not contain any actual Kush, but it's a nice plant so I've kept it around.

Still, you probably won't see me actively seeking out any of these popular polyhybrid any time soon. Nothing against them, just not my thing. I am fascinated by the stories of the origins of them all, though.

Big fan of Ace and Cannabiogen, as well as things as close to landrace as possible.

Hello, welcome to the forum. You'll probably be interested in this thread:

Being from boston we only ever have or had hybrids and the land race we did get was shwag from mexico some oaxacan garbarge with 3% thc if that or it was just plain hemp lol.

Should have grown out the seeds from that "garbage," you'd probably have changed your tune - and become the most popular guy in the neighborhood, lol.

Hello, welcome to the forum. You'll probably be interested in this thread:

Should have grown out the seeds from that "garbage," you'd probably have changed your tune - and become the most popular guy in the neighborhood, lol.
I already am from the hong kong to the fruity pebbles its all they want from me.

Back
Top Bottom