Greetings from Lebanon

CannaRebel

Hey there fellow aficionados of the holly Leaf! Oppressed brothers and sisters all over the world, growers and tokkers alike!

My name is Cal. and I have been lurking about in these forums for a few months now, and finally decided to come out of the (weed) closet. I hope to benefit from the vast collective experience you guys have built up over the years and will try my best to give back however I can :)

I love weed....I love hash....and despise any other narcotic substance whatsoever (I have had the "luxury", some would call it, to try out almost everything on the table) They simply cant compare to a well rolled joint from a well cared for plant, we all know why and we all know there is no room for debate here :D

I started smoking with my mates recreationally back when I was in university (didn't we all?:p) a few years ago, but my love for the Leaf grew even more when I discovered it's therapeutic and pain suppressing properties (I always used to think this was just some Pot-Head propaganda, and I'm glad to have discovered how skewered my perception of Marijuana was).

A couple of years ago I had an accident, I fell from the roof of a two story house and landed square on my tail, breaking 3 vertebrae in my spinal column (L3 through L5)...I got lucky, the docs told me I was less than 2 millimeters away from complete paralysis. I had to spend the next 2 months in bed, solely on my back, without getting up ever, going to the toilet was an excruciating pain experience every-time. After that and when I was allowed out of bed I had to wear a brace that enveloped my body from waist to neck in steel and straps....It was hell...the first few months the pain never ceased...Doctors prescribed for me Tramal (an opium based analgesic) and I eventually got addicted to it, it would numb the pain for a few hours, at the cost of incessant vomiting (Anything that went into my stomach was thrown up in a mater of minutes, even pure water), nausea, lack of appetite (I lost 12 kilos in the first 2 months despite being forced to live a sedentary life), and an insomnia that would sometimes go on for a week. oh not to mention that this beastly drug would also make a smoker go through 2 packs a day, like in my case.

To cut the drama short, once a friend was visiting me and brought a couple of joints with him, we smoked up and I was surprised when I realized that the pain COMPLETELY vanished just minutes after my first toke. It's then that I knew this was my only salvation from the pain. I hooked up with a couple of dealers and for the next few months I have been smoking on a daily basis. I still find it hard to believe that a "weed" that could grow unchecked and by itself in some parts of the world was more effective and faster in curing pain than some of the 20$ per pill prescribed painkillers I used to take.

It's been two years now, and I swear I wouldn't have lasted this long if it weren't for good ol' lady J. "The pain will never be completely gone, you will have to live with this for the rest of your life" the doctors said, and it's true. Every morning I wake up with the feeling as if I had a spiked ball lodged in the middle of my lower waist, and would be gone about half an hour later when I light my first stick for the day.

My heartburn is gone, my skin regained its tone, my hair stopped falling, my nails stopped chipping and my gums got back to normal when I went off all the painkillers. I regained my appetite and put on some weight and at last after months I knew what it was to fall asleep easily again. Oh and I also quit smoking without even breaking a sweat :)

Problem is, I live in a police-semi-totalitarian country. don't let the headlines fool you, Lebanon may be one of the most democratic countries in the middle east. But take my word as an insider: This is one of the most absurd, backwards thinking, totalitarian, sectarian regime in existence :S

The "war on drugs" is being waged here as well and the victims are not the drug-lords (and there are so many of them...entire clans:S) but the common people. Always the end users get the uglier end of the stick. The system is here to punish, not to rehabilitate so called "Stoners" :S

Recently the Ministry of Interior affairs went on a wild spree, destroying crops in the Bekaa valley, arresting dealers and putting everybody connected to the plant behind bars (with the exception of a seizable number of well backed and padded criminal barons - they need to keep the bribe money rolling in after-all :S). It's 3 months for possession, 3 years for selling and 7 years for growing, they don't care about personal use even if you only grow a single plant not counting the fines and the beating - yes beating that you get served with during "interrogation". There is no such thing as Medical Marijuana, no exceptions, not even for Cancer and HIV patients!

While ironically it is still as easy as buying a pack of smokes to get Amphetamines, Meth, ***, ****** and even crack and coke. While the price for an ounce of weed went from 100$ straight to over 350$ in less than a year. Not to mention that the quality went down a terrible notch.

A country that boasts so much with it's Lebanese Red and exports (under the table of-course) enormous quantities of it to the coffee shops in Amsterdam is sadly stomping over it's citizens with an iron-shod boot without any god damned consideration.

So for all of the above reasons I have decided to start growing my own. I know for sure it's going to be uphill all the way, first for the above stated reasons and secondly because we don't have any grow shops here; Hydroponics are an unheard of concept (Even among agricultural engineers), most of the technology needed to grow pot at home stealthily, all those cool gadgets you guys have so easily at your disposal (timers, lighting, grow media, nutrients, even the seeds) are not available here. it's going to be fun improvising all of that.

Gotta make it work somehow :)

I think this might have been a bit too much for an introductory post, well I hope it was an enjoyable and informative read.

I'm eager to get to know you all.

Cheers!

Re: Greetings from Lebanon =)

Hi CannaRebel, Nice intro friend.
:welcome: to the 420Magazine forums.
You already know how great this site is. :grinjoint:
:thanks: for joining us.
My 5th lumbar was crushed when I was in my early twenties.
It's arthritic now. So I can imagine your pain.
Stay here with us, this can be your 2nd home.
I hope I'll see your posts around the forum.
:peace:

Very long read both worth the time to write and read it. Glad MJ satisfies your needs. It has the power to heal on various levels of pain and stress. Great site to learn from see u around

Welcome to 420, :welcome:such a peaceful and informative site.

You've found a very helpful site, well versed in knowledge about growing, legalization, medical uses, and even info on cooking with herb! Indoor, Outdoor, Soil, or Hydro (I'm a bubbles grower) CFLs, or HID lights, it is ALL here!

And the most helpful MODs you've ever met! Just ask one or any member here for guidance! Look for The Butcher, Pit Viper, or Mostly Crazy, they are very knowledgable. OldMedicineMan has a great thread of information too! :thumb:

The home Page is divided into Forums with Topic Titles. Those Forums are divided into THREADS, and those THREADS are divided into POSTS. You started a THREAD in the Forum INTRODUCE YOURSELF and the replies are additonal POSTS in your THREAD.
I wish someone had explained that to me my first day.

My catholic godparents were from Lebonon. Lat name is Mansour. They first showed me Tabuli salad. Yum yum. Thanks for the info about Lebonon. Most of us know better than to believe what our government tells us.

Peace I hope to see you around the forums. :peacetwo:

My catholic godparents were from Lebonon. Lat name is Mansour. They first showed me Tabuli salad. Yum yum. Thanks for the info about Lebonon. Most of us know better than to believe what our government tells us.

Thanks for the welcome Roseman! I'm glad to see people are keeping an open mind in regards to Lebanon and not being led by the global mass media. There is no perfect place on earth and every coin has two faces :)

The Mansour family is really big, I know a couple of Mansour's but they are both Muslims, so far chance that they might be your godparents, or relatives to them, still if you ever decided to go roadtrippin in the Middle East, drop me a line if you plan on visiting Lebanon :welcome: You can have all the Tabouleh you want, and then some :ganjamon:

Cheers!

One of 'em Rick Mansour, invented the surf music,under the stage name of Dick Dale in the late 50's/early 60's. He took the old Lebanese oud tune "Miserlou" and blew it out with Fender strat and amp. The Dale/Mansour version is an American Rock n' Roll classic now.

Many of the Mansour's in the states are Maronites from up in the Ehden. Maronites generally attend Catholic schools/churches in the States. My grandparents were from the same region but belonged to a different Christian sect.

Welcome aboard Habibi.

One of 'em Rick Mansour, invented the surf music,under the stage name of Dick Dale in the late 50's/early 60's. He took the old Lebanese oud tune "Miserlou" and blew it out with Fender strat and amp. The Dale/Mansour version is an American Rock n' Roll classic now.

Many of the Mansour's in the states are Maronites from up in the Ehden. Maronites generally attend Catholic schools/churches in the States. My grandparents were from the same region but belonged to a different Christian sect.

Welcome aboard Habibi.

Thanks, thats very interesting.

welcome aboard cr. since your growing stealth i suggest you grow your plants 3ft. or less by topping them (easyest method). i understand your in a tough situation, but if you could somehow get yourself some lowryder or indica seeds, that would keep your grow stealthy enough. and most of all never tell anyone your growing. best of luck and i'll see you in the forums. how great would it be if we had a grow journal from our brother in lebanon ? ride em high brother.:welcome:

Back
Top Bottom