Greetings from London

JonnyDubb

Hi everyone.
New to growing and this site. I'm currently attempting my third White Rhino grow. The first was a disaster - It got horribly root bound. But I got some clones and built a basic DWC. Heres a pic about 1 week into flowering
Photo0000.jpg

I think they got too tall. I only got around 1 oz off them but it was good to get something. I invested in a better pump and light and tried again, taking 12 clones.
Photo00031.jpg

They seem to like my new setup and heres how they look after 20 days.
Photo00614.jpg

Im torn between removing some or just leaving them alone - it does look crowded. Theres so much information out there its hard to know what the right thing to do is. But I've noticed this site is friendly and helpful so i've decided to put my trust here.

Welcome man, i would personally say keep them all and bend all the outside ones away from the middle two, a little low stress training will go a long way to improve yield. health of plant and to control moisture in your canopy.

Hope this helps

Green

Welcome man, i would personally say keep them all and bend all the outside ones away from the middle two, a little low stress training will go a long way to improve yield. health of plant and to control moisture in your canopy.

Hope this helps

Green

Thanks for the quick reply Green :thanks: Should I use wire or try to bend the stems? Also do you think they are ready for flowering yet?

yeah man those plants are small enough that you can just do it with your hand, be gentle and work slow it doesnt have to happen all at once. but some strains have a tendency to stand right back up if they are not tied down.

And on the matter of flowering if you are planning on keeping all of them in there i would start flowering now, and if you plan to take the couple at that you mentioned you might be able to let it go longer but, in my opinion i think you should start now and keep things little and bushy to make things ez on you

Hope this helps

Green

You can use just about anything to tie them with just don't use wire so thin it will cut into the stalk. If using string or green gardening cord don't tie it tight round the stalk 'cos the stalk will grow thicker. Leave the knot loose so you can untie it if it is getting too snug round the stalk. Gardening tie wire ( a drum of wire like the tie wrap you get round a new mains lead) is fairly stiff so you do'nt have to tie it round the stalk, just make a hook ? or u U that hooks round the stalk. If you do'nt want to drill holes in your plastic tank you could try using duct/gaffers tape to fix bamboo poles to the sides of the tank and then you can tie to those poles.

For the future I suppose you are thinking of just growing 8 plants and leaving the central column blank. It does look a bit crowded for so early in the grow.

Your plants are looking good though, hope they stay that way.

The difficult thing is going to be keeping all the plants a similar height, I suppose if you lst the outer 10 away from the centre 2 you could scrog those 2 to keep their height down.

Thanks again for the advice and interest :peacetwo:

I started flowering 3 days ago and tried bending the stems. Heres how they're looking
Photo00743.jpg

They seem to be going where they should. The smaller ones are stretching to reach the others. I've put another 600 litre/hour air pump to go with my 1800 litre/hour pump to help the roots down there. They're under a 250 watt cfl (the redder one for flowering). Would a HPS make much difference? I'm worried about heat as they're in quite a small space.

Back
Top Bottom