Greetings From Newfoundland!

wow ewwww and wow ahhhh

just an fyi,, my first real job i worked at a place called, on the map, tide lake, b.c.,, the year before,, and this is in the books,,this place, in the guiness book for all to see, had the world record for snow fall in one year,, over 100, nope, not inches,, over a hundred feet,, over a thousand inches, well over,, cool to see the tops of trees poke out

Holy Cr@p, that's insane! But still, I think we must hold a record of some sort... like for the most snow in just two freaking days... in April for God's sake... :oops: and we NL'ers should maybe get extra bonus points for the power staying on throughout the ordeal, even with winds of over 130 km/hour. It's a good thing these old NL salt-box houses are built to last! (the strongest winds we've experienced here was during Hurricane Igor in 2010, when winds were clocked on our little island at 175+ km/hour)

Glen

It's been awhile since I last posted on this thread, but I'm very happy to announce that my long-awaited (and seemingly long-lost) vaporizer has FINALLY arrived in our mailbox. (after more than a month in transit!) I have started a new thread on General 420 Talk entitled "Cannabis Newbie Tests His New Vaporizer", so I'm hoping some of you will pop over there to check out how I'm making out with my new early Christmas gift! (and possibly offer me some pointers!)

Glen

I just stumbled upon this awesome forum. My wife and I are Canadian, and once recreational pot became legal in our country on Oct 17th we decided to hop on the bandwagon! I have never partaken before, but the Missus is an old pro from way back when. (35 years ago...so yeah, actually we're both newbies!) We placed a few orders from the Gov't of Newfoundland's online store on the day it became legal, and are still awaiting shipment; should be here tomorrow. We ended up buying a few different strains, (20% THC indica and sativa) and a variety of oils too.

We decided that we would probably be better off vaping than smoking, so after a ton of online research we decided on a brand of vaporizer that is very popular here in Canada, the Utillian 420. It too should be arriving in thist week's mail. Also on the way to our mailbox is a nice little grinder, and a fancy "Zeus Armor" case to store all of our stuff in.

As the years creep up on us, we are having some health issues, and seemingly too many aches and pains to count, so we're also interested in experimenting with the supposed powers of CBD. I have suffered for years from a serious work-related spinal injury which has me bedridden much of the time. I also suffer from the pain of PMR, (Polymyalgia Rheumatica) and severe RLS. (restless legs syndrome) So if there is a chance that I can get some amount of relief with CBD, I just may be able to reduce my daily doses of some of my nasty prescriptions. (stuff like oxycodone, codeine, prednisone, etc.) And the other reason I have decided to try using cannabis is for my insomnia that I have experienced almost nightly ever since my spinal injury 14 years ago.

So, as this is all so new for us, we will happily accept any/all offers of support/advice and guidance, as we really have no clue what we are doing yet! I am sure that we will have a ton of questions about vaping, and other things, in the coming days, so hopefully we won't drive all of you crazy!

Thanks,
Glen

Awesome to have someone else from the Rock around. I'm from Grand Falls-Windsor.

Joe

Awesome to have someone else from the Rock around. I'm from Grand Falls-Windsor.
Joe

Hey Joe, wow, so awesome that there's someone else on this fine forum who is practically our next-door neighbour... you're only about a hundred miles from us. (and for anyone familiar with this province of our's, that's practically next door!) Hope you're having a great weekend, my friend, and let's keep in touch!

Glen

*EDIT* Just noticed that you are brand-new to the forum, so welcome aboard... hoping to get to know more about you!

hmmm, y'all don't type with a newfoundland accent,,

this kinda funny,,

the one fella i have met with the absolute best newfoundland accent ,,

never lived a day of his life in newfoundland

he looked shocked when i asked him about his accent

coincidentally, i met him on vancouver island,, dern near about as far away as one gets,, but both big rocks,,

cheers

hmmm, y'all don't type with a newfoundland accent,,

this kinda funny,,

the one fella i have met with the absolute best newfoundland accent ,,

never lived a day of his life in newfoundland

he looked shocked when i asked him about his accent

coincidentally, i met him on vancouver island,, dern near about as far away as one gets,, but both big rocks,,

cheers

Well, truth be told, I'm not a "true" Newfoundlander. Both my wife and I were born and raised in Southern Ontario, and we only moved out here in 2007. But yeah, there's nothing better than the accent, especially here on our remote little island paradise off the northeast coast of the province... the more remote the location, (as in the farther from the cities you are) the stronger the accent! And there is most definitely not a friendlier, kinder and more accommodating person on the planet than a Newfoundlander!!

Glen

PS: So how is it that your friend has a NL accent if he has never set foot in NL?? :oops:

Hey @CAFVet, I live in Ontario but I’m a Newfoundlander as well. I grew up on the Avalon. Welcome to the forums.

Hope you’re enjoying your new vaporizer Fogoguy, for me there’s no going back to smoking since I made the switch.

Welcome to the 420 Mag community!
We are all about sharing knowledge and helping spread the love. :yummy:

I am an experienced indoor grower and
I invite you to CLICK THIS and follow my journal:

HYENA'S NEVER-ENDING ADVENTURES IN GROWING

It's all there my friend!

Best of luck,
Peace, Hyena

Back
Top Bottom