Greetings from South America

Datp

Hello, I'm growing my first batch of medicine and I have a few questions.
First of all I'm in South America so I get plenty of sun every day of the year 12 hours of sun.
I'm growing some sativas and indicas.
I'm letting my plants veg with sun light and completing the light they need with 2 led lights (40 watt) they say they mimic 300 watt bulbs so i don't really know haha will this be enough ?
My other question is how do I improve my yield ? I'm using 20 galon pots and I want to know the best way to improve my yield i was thinking low stress training and some topping ? And how soon should Istart ? My plants are 17 days old and I have 3 other 8 day old plants.

Cheers

Hello, I'm growing my first batch of medicine and I have a few questions.
First of all I'm in South America so I get plenty of sun every day of the year 12 hours of sun.
I'm growing some sativas and indicas.
I'm letting my plants veg with sun light and completing the light they need with 2 led lights (40 watt) they say they mimic 300 watt bulbs so i don't really know haha will this be enough ?
My other question is how do I improve my yield ? I'm using 20 galon pots and I want to know the best way to improve my yield i was thinking low stress training and some topping ? And how soon should Istart ? My plants are 17 days old and I have 3 other 8 day old plants.

Cheers

Hi Datp -- 40 watt LEDs mimicking 300 watts is... optimistic.

You improve your yield by:
Giving your plants lots of light--bright summer sun all day every day or the electric equivalent
Giving your plants the right nutrients at the right levels at the right intervals. Using a name-brand fertilizer, usually a 2- or 3-bottle solution, at about 1/2 recommended strength is a good start.

You can start training your plants as soon as they are tall enough to need it, usually in a few weeks. Topping and other techniques can improve yield a lot. (Investigate "manifolding").

Most of all, read everything you can find (but bear in mind there is some folklore and BS out there) and watch videos. The information you need is out there! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom