Greetings from the frozen northern wasteland called Alberta, Canada

Magnus8

The car wouldn't start this morning, and I had a doctor's appointment at the pain clinic today. Damn! Missed that appointment and they were almost going to charge me $100 for the missed appointment, but relented. Whew! Cannot afford that on government disability, that's for sure.

So now you know a lot about me, more than if I had told you those things straight out. You know that the weather gets so cold your cars don't start where I live.

You know that I attend a pain clinic (for my back) and now you know why. I go for shots there, and a whole bunch of other stuff. They are the ones who are putting my bid for medical cannabis through the government. As far as I understand it, In Canada a doctor must recommend you for Cannabis therapy, write up a long document indicating why he believes you should get cannabis as a medication, then the government doctors decide whether you get it or not. I don't know who determines your amount of cannabis prescribed per day, and this is important because it determines how many plants you can grow at a time (including seedlings or clippings) and how much marijuana you can have stored in your home should the fucking pigs come to check you out.

In Canada, if you are prescribed on gram per day, then you are allowed to grow 5 plants at a time. If prescribed 2 g per day, you are allowed 10 plants. And 3 grams per day means 15 plants. No one gets prescribed more than 3 grams per day as far as I know.

I know I don't have my permissions in place yet to use/grow but I've always been a bit of an early bird. So I've started my first grow ever with a link to it at the bottom of my signature. I do hope you'll come and leave some comments. Better yet, that you'll become a regular subscriber to the grow journal and offer your advice and good thoughts on the grow. I'm on my first grow here, ladies and gentlemen, and I sue could use the help. I know that sometimes I may seem secure in my knowledge and self, but in reality I'm a mass of insecurity over growing, since, though I've read as much as I can, nothing takes the place of experience. And that is something I DON'T have. So if you can come by and offer yours, I would be ever so grateful.

So a bit more about me: I've never been a recreational smoker, not since the age of 15 at least. I had a really bad trip on ganga at 15 and never touched the stuff again until years after my spinal cord problems. One day that pain was just so great that my wife suggested that we try to get some weed to take care of it. I agreed, and within 1/2 an hour her son was over with a quarter for us to have. I was amazed at how well it got at the pain in my lower, middle and upper back. From then on, I would use it for breakout pain that would happen, despite my Fentanyl patch.

Now, after 6 years, they want to take my Fentanyl patch away -- the medication that has helped me keep the majority of the pain at bay for so many years. I'm terrified, but my doctor wants me to try Cannabis therapy for the pain. It should help with my Generalized Anxiety Disorder and my Depression, too, if I use the right combination of strains. So I'm growing now two Big Buds from seed for pain and anxiety, and two Pineapple Express from seed for the Depression and the pain. The Pineapple Express should help my wife with her Depression, too, I'm hoping. If she's willing to use it. She seems to be, but probably only sporadically.

I'm looking forward to begin Cannabis therapy. I can't hide that I like being stoned, which will be an added benefit to the therapy. And the thought of being able to grow my own Cannabis just thrills me to no end. It's like a challenge, and I LOVE challenges!

And speaking of which, it IS presenting itself to being a challenge. I've got so many questions along the way and no one has really stuck around the journal to answer any of them (not entirely true I got some good stuff from one member already). Like right now, I desperately need to know how long to keep my plants under a humidity dome. They're on day 9 of their grow, but I don't know when to take the humidity dome off of them. If you've got an answer to this one, please, please please navigate to my grow journal (link in my signature) and let me know your thoughts? I'd appreciate it immensely!

So, until we meet in higher skies, I leave you with this:

Photo_on_2010-09-06_at_09_39_2.jpg

A pic of me.

Just wanted to take another moment of you time and say that my grow seems to be doing fine, but I do have some questions. If you feel up to it, come check it out and maybe say HI. If you're more experienced than me -- and you MUST be, since it's my first grow ever -- then maybe you can help out with some of those questions...

Please.

Until then, I remain,
Magnus.

Hey 420, thanks for showing interest! It's located in the signature either in my posting above this one, or in this posting as well. It says "Magnus8's - Coco Coir - Big Bud & Pineapple Express - First Grow Ever!" and is in big green letters. Hope to see you stop by!

Best,
Magnus.

I'm so sorry bout getting the name wrong, veinz. That's a much better handle than "420 member". Can you tell I'm new to the site? hahaha

That's weird about the signature. It shows up on my computer, but apparently not yours.

Here's the link:

Magnus8's - Coco Coir - Big Bud & Pineapple Express - First Grow Ever

That should work, but of course, I cannot check it until I post this. So I'll do that now!

Hi Magnus welcome I'm down near Ottawa.

One thing to clarify - the process you described for registration is the 'old' way and no longer applies.

Now, you register with a supplier based on an application from you and a medical document form from your doctor. There is no Health Canada validation step.

Regarding plants, its 5 inside or 2 outside for each gram per day. This requires a second registration with Health Canada to be a grower.

Good luck.

Hey Oldbear,

Thanks for setting me straight! I didn't know I was using outdated information regarding the registration process. I'm going on heresay -- and there's tons of it surrounding this issue in Canada -- which is why I had outdated info. I'm meeting my health care provider on 25 January 17. Does this mean that he fills out a form and then I send it in to a dispensary here in Canada and they just automatically fill my order? That would be so much quicker than I had originally thought, if that was the case. And then what do I have to show that I can legally carry my cannabis on my person if I"m stopped by the cops? It's not like the dispensary is going to give me some kind of card or anything, are they? I doubt it.

Do you have more info you could possibly send my way? I would so appreciate it. I'm about to embark on a road less travelled -- at least by me, and I don't have a lot of signposts pointing the way. And the online signposts that I have found have obviously been outdated...

Any info would be so very appreciated. And if you have none, that's okay, too.

Be well. Hope we meet each other again on here.

Until then, I remain,
Magnus.

Back
Top Bottom