Greetings - New member - First grow coming up soon! Setup advice needed

Canobud

After years of debating it I finally decided to take the plunge and grow my own. I've been doing research off and on for a while (here and elsewhere) and picked out a small but hopefully very efficient grow tent. Due to space concerns I was limited to a Gorilla Grow 2'x2.5'x6' tent and chose a 300W LED light to go with it. I'd hoped to have my first seeds in by now but it appears the first shipment never got through customs (or is severely delayed...) so they dispatched another shipment this week. Fingers crossed these show up. I went with White Widow fem seeds to start with.

Seeing how much some folks' plants really bush out I'm still not certain how many adult plants would be ideal in my small tent. The picture below shows a 2 gallon bucket, and I was debating not having plants in anything larger than 3 gallon Smart Pots or similar fabric pots. In 3 gallon pots, should I go with four plants, or perhaps just three? I have a taller tent so I have vertical space to work with, so what would be ideal? With a small footprint I certainly want to maximize my yield. Appreciate any guidance.

IMG_233513.JPG

Hi Canobud.

Welcome to the 420 Magazine site and community of folks that gathers here.

My gut reaction is that 2 plants would the max I'd want in a tent that size but I like to veg a little longer than some. I'm afraid I don't know much about your light panel so I wouldn't want to guess at it's ability to penetrate the canopy, allowing good development of lower and interior bud sites. Until I knew the answer to that aspect I'd probably veg for less time than I normally do, thus keeping the plants a little shorter and would probably feel comfortable with 4. Just my 2 cents worth though.

I'd love to follow along if you decide to start a journal. In the mean time, be well and happy growing!

Good deal Canobud. I'll be sure to keep an eye open for your journal to follow along.

Back
Top Bottom