Greetings!

420girl101

hello i just signed up for 420 magazine to get some help on growing my plants and the basic question i will have. im a first time grower so hopefully with a little help from all of you i can make my plants a success :goodluck:

member, take your time, think about the plant and its needs. mother nature, what would she do? mimic everything you can think of with the means at your disposal. its not a weed. so its not easy but its not impossible! the more you put in the more you will get out! this is in every aspect of the phrase. love them and treat them like family. bend them and feed them the best you can. youll be very happy you did.
i grow for medical purpose and wish i could have found the cannabis plant before the brain surgery! it works so wonderfully, not one drs prescribed med has come close to the relief. so you hone those skills and keep in mind it takes a lot of work to grow a beautiful cannabis plant. the result will tickle you pink!
peace

What are you growing in 420girl? Hydro or soil? Nutrients? Ph? I found that for beginners just a basic soil/perlite mix will be fine. Also as a first timer one of the first things you want to master is just getting them to pop and sprout. I'll give you more info after you let me know what your using ext.

well i think ill just give you the rundown on everything i'm doing and you can decide what u think. OK here goes lol i have 3 17 day old auto-flowering lowryder fast buds, a monster kush plant 17 days old, that looks terrible, and a new seedling that has sprouted yesterday.
i messed up on the 17 day olds big time the first week because i didnt know what i was doing with the lights so they got way to stretched out and so i found this out and was told to repot them and bury the stem half way. so i did that and got ALOT of cfl lights and put the lights about 3 inches away and they looked way better until a few days ago i noticed the leaves on the monster kush started looking really yellow and the leaves started curling inward. this could be the cause of overwatering for sure or because i put about 1/4 a teaspoon fox farm big bloom fertilizer in a gallon of water and watered them? im really not sure but im letting everything dry out and see if that helps then water them with regular water and a 1/4 teaspoon molasses. i also have alot of air circulation and air blowing on them. the temp stays at 75 85 degrees, and humidity is 45. im growing them in a small closet so space is always an issue.
well basically this is what i got going on ha, lemmme know what you all think!

well i think ill just give you the rundown on everything i'm doing and you can decide what u think. OK here goes lol i have 3 17 day old auto-flowering lowryder fast buds, a monster kush plant 17 days old, that looks terrible, and a new seedling that has sprouted yesterday.
i messed up on the 17 day olds big time the first week because i didnt know what i was doing with the lights so they got way to stretched out and so i found this out and was told to repot them and bury the stem half way. so i did that and got ALOT of cfl lights and put the lights about 3 inches away and they looked way better until a few days ago i noticed the leaves on the monster kush started looking really yellow and the leaves started curling inward. this could be the cause of overwatering for sure or because i put about 1/4 a teaspoon fox farm big bloom fertilizer in a gallon of water and watered them? im really not sure but im letting everything dry out and see if that helps then water them with regular water and a 1/4 teaspoon molasses. i also have alot of air circulation and air blowing on them. the temp stays at 75 85 degrees, and humidity is 45. im growing them in a small closet so space is always an issue.
well basically this is what i got going on ha, lemmme know what you all think!

Hi 420girl101 -

Couple of thoughts/suggestions. First, I wanted to welcome you to the 420magazine community - :welcome: I think you'll be amazed at the quality of people here, and their willingness to help if they can.

Second, I'd like to suggest you start a grow journal thread and post the details or your situation in a grow journal. There are so many people here who will be willing to help you all along the way, and that will be an easy way for both you and them to help guide you as your grow progresses. It will work even better if you provide pictures so we can see what's going on. You'd be amazed at the quality of help you can find here. Once you start a journal, people will find it and offer help, and grow forum moderators (who are all excellent growers) will check in to make sure you're getting help you need, too. Can't recommend this enough!

I'm not a soil grower (I grow in hydro), but I know that for someone to help your immediate questions regarding the issues you have with the 17 day olds will be what kind of soil you are using, and what it's composed of.

You mentioned you have a lot of air circulation blowing on them, but I'd suggest you have a light amount of circulation/movement in the closet, but it doesn't need to be blowing directly on them. Your environmental conditions seem pretty good, otherwise. My only thought there is that 45% relative humidity is a little lower than ideal (not too bad though), but you don't want the wind to keep blowing the moisture off of them either.

Burying the stems was probably a good idea if they were over-stretched. Good luck, and let us know if you start a journal by mentioning it here or posting a link here. Hopefully some soil growers can weigh in and help you more with your soil questions...

Also, the last link at the bottom of my signature has a tremendous wealth of information that you will find helpful along the way -- it's worth the read, for sure!

:goodluck:!! X

thanks for the welcome:) im so glad to hear i wont be alone in growing and that i will have help at my fingertips i am a new grower so i ask many questions and need help with basically all i do with my little guys. i will most definitely start a journal and post pictures and write down all my progress so i can get advice and helpful comments to help me out in growing a successful growth. i will post more details on the soil in the journal also. thanks so much for the suggestions also xlr8! im going to move this to a journal and will keep everyone updated.

I completely agree here. I am a new gardener as well, and pictures and posts... PICTURES & POSTS!!! lots of 'em. show the people you're serious and the help comes. The staff here are incredible as well... you share the name of an awesome gardener that as well works for the site. I can help some, or some of the friends I have, have been an invaluable assistance in questioning I have. You will learn as you grow, things always come up you could use someone else's perspective on...
I as well would like to extend a gracious welcome carpet for you, and hope to see much of what you have to say...:peacetwo::cheer::roorrip:
Hi 420girl101 -

Couple of thoughts/suggestions. First, I wanted to welcome you to the 420magazine community - :welcome: I think you'll be amazed at the quality of people here, and their willingness to help if they can.

Second, I'd like to suggest you start a grow journal thread and post the details or your situation in a grow journal. There are so many people here who will be willing to help you all along the way, and that will be an easy way for both you and them to help guide you as your grow progresses. It will work even better if you provide pictures so we can see what's going on. You'd be amazed at the quality of help you can find here. Once you start a journal, people will find it and offer help, and grow forum moderators (who are all excellent growers) will check in to make sure you're getting help you need, too. Can't recommend this enough!

I'm not a soil grower (I grow in hydro), but I know that for someone to help your immediate questions regarding the issues you have with the 17 day olds will be what kind of soil you are using, and what it's composed of.

You mentioned you have a lot of air circulation blowing on them, but I'd suggest you have a light amount of circulation/movement in the closet, but it doesn't need to be blowing directly on them. Your environmental conditions seem pretty good, otherwise. My only thought there is that 45% relative humidity is a little lower than ideal (not too bad though), but you don't want the wind to keep blowing the moisture off of them either.

Burying the stems was probably a good idea if they were over-stretched. Good luck, and let us know if you start a journal by mentioning it here or posting a link here. Hopefully some soil growers can weigh in and help you more with your soil questions...

Also, the last link at the bottom of my signature has a tremendous wealth of information that you will find helpful along the way -- it's worth the read, for sure!

:goodluck:!! X

thanks guys! i got my journal going and posted some pics so hope u all check out my journal and stay updated on my journey through this i will have lots of questions so stay tuned on my journal! keep on growing strong!

hey hun, welcome... Post us a link though, remember we are "lazy potheads" lol!
But I'm hoping everything works out for you, and I look forward to seeing some of your girls...;)
thanks guys! i got my journal going and posted some pics so hope u all check out my journal and stay updated on my journey through this i will have lots of questions so stay tuned on my journal! keep on growing strong!

well i actually have another question other than the question about the fertilizer in my journal. i have been trying to figure out the best lighting schedule for my plants and have decided more people recommend leaving constant 24/0 of light on my fast buds throughout there whole lives. but for a couple days i have been leaving the lights on all of my plants all the time and i now no that is not good for non auto-flowering buds. so do u think my plants will be messed up gender wise if i change the light schedule for the non auto-flowering plants to 18/4?

Quoting some of the best grower's in the world, 20/4. But don't just flip the script with em', slowly alter the lighting times, and distance. Any immediate change you put your plants through can screw with their growth.
As well, if your lighting is immediate on/off that as well may damage and stunt growths. Remember to be as close to GOD as humanly possible when nurturing em'. Keep your environment as close to nature as you can, gradual lighting. Daily timings, plants do need some time to kewl off, unless they're seedlings. They can do with 24hour light. If you stay with the 24 hour light, try some variety of lighting. I use a moon-heat lamp usually for reptile cages, as my night light source, so my girls get 24 but not of white light.
well i actually have another question other than the question about the fertilizer in my journal. i have been trying to figure out the best lighting schedule for my plants and have decided more people recommend leaving constant 24/0 of light on my fast buds throughout there whole lives. but for a couple days i have been leaving the lights on all of my plants all the time and i now no that is not good for non auto-flowering buds. so do u think my plants will be messed up gender wise if i change the light schedule for the non auto-flowering plants to 18/4?

i definitely agree with you 100% but im still confused as to what to do next with the light schedule for my little ones, the light actually gets dimmer gradually in the place i am growing so thats good. do you suggest putting them in 4 hours of darkness a day starting tonight? or how do i gradually move them to different light cycles.

Well, start slowly altering your timer. Start off with 10minute increments. So, put the timer to run for 23hours 50minutes, 23hours 40minutes, etc etc etc...But once they grow leaves is when you start your timer alterations.
i definitely agree with you 100% but im still confused as to what to do next with the light schedule for my little ones, the light actually gets dimmer gradually in the place i am growing so thats good. do you suggest putting them in 4 hours of darkness a day starting tonight? or how do i gradually move them to different light cycles.

i completely agree with you 100% but im still confused on how to gradually change the light schedule and when i should start putting them on a light/dark routine schedule.

Back
Top Bottom