Greetings

Yes Otter that could be arranged. It is getting a bit late so I fret some I reckon. It's my fault for misreading flowering time and starting them too late. I could wait another 10 days or so maybe but it's getting tight right?

Probably good here til about mid October or so.
Yea, WW is a fast flowerer right? She should make it if she pistols up soon.

Ola billotto,
I've been dosing my ladies once a week with that African Violet food. my seeds germinated on may 6th so I'm ahead of you, over in BC. I dropped 30 drops into 4 Litres and the TDS was only about 700 ppm. I did 40 drops in 4 L to get roughly 780 ppm and then 50 drops in 4 L to get about 840 ppm. I then put 10 mL into 4 Litres (1gallon) and it was running about 1000 ppm. I have no plans to carry through flowering with the African violet food, but it won't hurt your ladies even above the recommended dosing. might be wise to get a meter that can provide some numbers for pH, total dissolved solids (TDS)...my 2 c

Schultz' food is great, I've used their rhodo/'high acid' food for veg and never had one issue with burning or over feeding. Their orchid food is also great for flowering. Keeping in mind if the only choices you have are mircle-gro or schultz go with schultz every time. Their potting soils for specific types of plants are also excellent. My entire epiphyllum collection, along with my cactus collection are both running and blooming on Schultz.

Schultz' food is great, I've used their rhodo/'high acid' food for veg and never had one issue with burning or over feeding. Their orchid food is also great for flowering. Keeping in mind if the only choices you have are mircle-gro or schultz go with schultz every time. Their potting soils for specific types of plants are also excellent. My entire epiphyllum collection, along with my cactus collection are both running and blooming on Schultz.
Yep I've used orchid nutes with fantastic success in the past.

Still on the fence...to fertilize or not. As Stoneotter says, my only reason for doing so would be to hurry them along. On the other hand, I'm a "if it aint broke don't fix it" type so I'm tempted to leave them alone since they seem so happy. Not a single pest problem yet either.

I also don't own a ph meter (or any testing device) so I'd like to obtain that b4 starting nutes.

Thx for the opinions guys.:thumb:

I gave the older twins a little haircut today. Nothing crazy, just clearing out some lower scraggly stuff for ease of watering and a few of the higher shade leaves.

IMG_3003.JPG

IMG_3005.JPG

IMG_3004.JPG

This looks promising no?

IMG_3006.JPG

nevermind the bollocks, here come the pistils...

i know i'm a bit of a traditionalist and still reluctant to pull yellowing leaves... to see all the fresh green leaves that were pulled definitely challenges my way of growing. your girls look healthy and i see the trimming does make them look nice and streamlined. well done.

what size pot are they in? 5 Gallon? 7 G?

All the girls spent some time in the shed last week under the fake sun cuz the real sun wasn't cooperating. It was also pretty cool - and humidity in the 90's all week. At least I can keep them warm and control the humidity somewhat in there.

IMG_3032.JPG

IMG_3035.JPG

I can knock the humidity down about 10 points with this simple (read: cheap) setup. lol

IMG_3043.JPG

Not quite enuff for my liking tho. Ideally I would like to see it at 60% or below. Imma figure something else out this week.

IMG_3044.JPG

Ah welllll, they don't seem to mind for now

IMG_3039.JPG

IMG_3037.JPG

Ciao babies:cool:

Back
Top Bottom