Grinder Pain

dullindependent

420 Member
Hello. I've been reading here for a while and am finally posting. Firstly, thank you all for the wealth of info here.

I have an Aerospaced grinder that I like, but it has threads, which I'm not crazy about. They get the ground up stuff on them, and then it gets on my table.

So, I have a couple questions for you. First, are there any grinders that have solved this problem? Also, do you have a favorite grinder, and are there are any annoying things about it? I'd like to get your thoughts because I'm thinking about designing one. Thanks!

Hello. I've been reading here for a while and am finally posting. Firstly, thank you all for the wealth of info here.

I have an Aerospaced grinder that I like, but it has threads, which I'm not crazy about. They get the ground up stuff on them, and then it gets on my table.

So, I have a couple questions for you. First, are there any grinders that have solved this problem? Also, do you have a favorite grinder, and are there are any annoying things about it? I'd like to get your thoughts because I'm thinking about designing one. Thanks!
Threads are always gonna get caked unless you use really really dry product.

Thanks, Chuckeye. I hadn't heard of Brilliant Cut. That looks like the kind of design I was considering. I'm curious, do you have one?

Thanks, Chuckeye. I hadn't heard of Brilliant Cut. That looks like the kind of design I was considering. I'm curious, do you have one?

7 weeks delivery, sigh.. And $150 for the 2.7" version, will have to wait for next payday to place an order o_O

In the meantime I purchased a Titan Crusher for $30 off amazon.ca. It has arrived and I will pick it up next time I go to town for supplies !

The plan is to removed the kief screen to make a larger bottom container... It looks like the ground product doesn't come anywhere near the threads.

Titan Crusher.JPG

Titan Crusher exploded.JPG

Cheers.

Hang tight gonna make a vid and post it to YT so you can see my $20 grinder picked up local and see if that is what you need or if you want to spend $150. You may have to hit 2-3-4 shops but I am sure you could find some other goodies while deciding on which grinder.

Hey, oldskool. I watched the video, and I think this grinder works well, but I think it has the same problem that I experienced with the Aerospaced grinders. When you grind, the grindings fall in through those holes. If you open the grinder up to that section, you have to unscrew it. And when you open that up, the screw threads are gummed up with the grindings. As a result, when you open that, over time some of that stuff that's gumming up the threads falls out onto your table. That's the issue I'm talking about. Make sense?

Hey, oldskool. I watched the video, and I think this grinder works well, but I think it has the same problem that I experienced with the Aerospaced grinders. When you grind, the grindings fall in through those holes. If you open the grinder up to that section, you have to unscrew it. And when you open that up, the screw threads are gummed up with the grindings. As a result, when you open that, over time some of that stuff that's gumming up the threads falls out onto your table. That's the issue I'm talking about. Make sense?
Even without threads you will find it gets gummed and you drop some.... Trays are $5-$20

Back
Top Bottom