Grinders

BizzaroSpoony

I want to get a grinder to use with a Vaporstar I'm getting, preferably $10 or less, but I'm not sure what to look for in a good grinder. Like the grinders that use metal pins and others use triangular teeth made from acrylic. Does one do a better job at grinding than the other?

The wood grinders are junk. All the teeth are is nails hammered into the wood and then the heads are cut off and sharpened. After a while they work their way loose and the thing is history. Plus all the trichomes that are lost to the porus wood. The cheapest option at around $10.

Acrylic grinders are better, easier to clean at least. However, some do not have the strength to grind through hard stems and the teeth also dull to useless rounded pieces of plastic after prolonged use. Probably cost about $15-20 although many companies give these as freebies with waterpipe/vaporizor purchases.

Metal griders are the best. Easy to clean or scrape for "goodies" if you wanted. The teeth never dull and they are strong enough to grind up anything you put in them. Also, with metal grinders you have the option of getting a model with a "keif screen" in it as well. However, brands like Space Case and Sweetleaf are top of the line quality and will cost more then $10, but it will also be the last grinder you ever buy.

Hemp plastic grinders are stronger than regular plastic grinders.. they grind quite well... I personally recommend Sweetleaf, as I've had mine for 10+ years and still going strong.

What's the best product to use for cleaning them out?

I find after a while they get all gunked up and tougher to turn. Also they sometimes make this annoying screeching sound when gunked up.

The ones with the screen and removable bottom are definitely worth the little bit extra. Also I think the bigger probably the better and definitely easier to break up bud with.

I've found that Isopropyl Alcohol, the higher percentage the better (I use 91%), does a good job of cleaning glass, metal and plastic paraphernalia. A little application of elbow grease is sometimes required. I've also read that adding salt as an abrasive helps but I haven't tried that yet.

Back
Top Bottom