Grisanti Will Co-Sponsor Medical Marijuana Legislation

The General

New York - State Sen. Mark Grisanti, R-I-Buffalo, announced he will co-sponsor the Compassionate Care Act, which would legalize the delivery and use of marijuana by seriously ill patients who need the drug for treatment of their illnesses. "I have seen too much suffering - suffering that can only be alleviated by medical marijuana," Grisanti said. "I cannot stand by and let such suffering continue." "I was especially touched by the many cases in Western New York: Joey Wertman from Hamburg and Anna Conte from Orchard Park who is 8 years old and suffers from Dravet syndrome, which causes her to have seizures - sometimes hundreds each day," he added.

Grisanti is the first Western New York senator to co-sponsor the bill and was one of the first Republican lawmakers to publicly support the legislation. "I urge my colleagues to join me in helping pass this important piece of legislation for the Wertman family, for the Conte family, and for all the other families in New York who need this medication," he said. Grisanti currently represents the 60th Senate District, which includes parts of the City of Buffalo, the north towns and the south towns. Grisanti is chairman of the Environmental Conservation Committee and currently sits on the finance, cities, cultural affairs, tourism, parks and recreation, higher education, infrastructure and capital investment, insurance, labor and veterans, homeland security and military affairs committees in the Senate as well as the MS Legislative Alliance for the Senate.

Medical2.jpg

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Wnypapers.com
Author: Jmaloni
Website: Grisanti will co-sponsor medical marijuana legislation

Back
Top Bottom