Grow 1.5: G13 Haze and Some Sour Stuff

henryg

Hello all,glad to be here on the 420.

This is technically my second grow, but only gave myself .5 becuase of all the problems. This will be my first journal(so excited!) and I am looking forward to all the help from the master growers her at the 420. I don't know alot about posting and uploading so please bear with as I learn. O.K. here are the specs:

Strains:

G13 Haze (G13xHawaiin) Barney's farm

Sour Cream (G13xSour Diesel) DNA

Sour Kush(Bubba KushxSour Diesel) DNA

Rock Lock(WarlockxRockstar)DNA

Was going to origanlly do two G13's but lost 1 bean do to my shaky hands.:) So it was replaced by the Rock Lock.

Indoor/Outdoor Soil/hydro

This will be an indoor grow using an 18 gallon bubble bucket. Somebody pleeeeeaaaase tell how I can be a Deep Water Culture.

Veg or flower

Cracked seeds 2 days ago, currently in rapid rooter plugs under humidity dome.

Lighting
Veg:120watt led(High Tech Garden) and 4 30watt cfl's

Flower:400watt hps (Sunleaves pulsar)

Ferts

For veg I have Fox Farm Grow Big Or AN sensi 2 part. For flower I have AN sensi 2 part.(This could change) I also have cal mag+,carbo load,big bud, and Bio root by GH. Looking on their site it looks like the Bio root shouldnt be used with airstones, if anyone has any experience with this any advice is appreciated.

Tent

3x3x7 intake 4" can fan and outtake 4"inline fan carbon filter combo.

O.k. folks that's all I got. Will post pics soon as I tranfer seedlings to bucket and when i learn to post photos:laughtwo:.

Henryq,

I'm a newbie myself. Flowering my 2nd grow and vegging the 3rd.

What caught my eye, is the Sour Kush and Sour Cream you are growing. 2 strains I want to try out myself.

For Bubblebonics, go to the excellent sub-forum "Deep Water Culture". Roseman has a great tutorial on how to do DIY Deep Water Culture.

Right now I'm growing DWC and Hempy, but gearing up for Deep Water Culture.

Look forward to reading about your grow.

Good luck,
Searcher

Henryq,

I'm a newbie myself. Flowering my 2nd grow and vegging the 3rd.

What caught my eye, is the Sour Kush and Sour Cream you are growing. 2 strains I want to try out myself.

For Bubblebonics, go to the excellent sub-forum "Deep Water Culture". Roseman has a great tutorial on how to do DIY Deep Water Culture.

Right now I'm growing DWC and Hempy, but gearing up for Deep Water Culture.

Look forward to reading about your grow.

Good luck,
Searcher

Hello searcher, got those sour beans as freebies in this months special with Attitude (bought the two g13 got 8 beans free). The sour kush is supposed to be an excusive for that sale only. I have Rosemans tutoriol saved in my favorites, one of the best I've seen. Good luck on your grow.:thumb:

Well I placed 3 sprouts in the bucket, the rocklock has not cracked yet. It's been in wet paper towel for three days and hasnt cracked. If it hasn't cracked by the time i get home today I think I'll germ another. Oh yeah the res has plain city water phd to 5.7. the roots of the sprouts barely touch the water so I will have to check the plugs to make sure their not dried out and hand water. The 120 watt led is about 4" to 5" above the tops. Will try to post pics tommorrow when I have time to figure this thing out.:peacetwo:

Welcome to 420 bro. Glad I found you and your thread. I'd love to advise as needed, and I 'll invite a few Deep Water Culture ove to visit too.

We congregate here:

Well the rocklock bean didn't crack:rip:,but I had a spare,and in less than 24hrs. I was in business:cheer: So I got 3 in the bucket and 1 under the humidity dome. Hope the rocklock catches up soon. And Roseman thanx in advance for much needed help soon to come:)

How's it going henryg! Not sure those RR plugs are the way to go in hydro. Organics and hydro just dont go together and especially for a new grower. Got any rockwool?

Sorry MC, no rockwool. Didn't relize there was a big difference. Gotta include that in note to self for futre grows. Could get some but already got a few roots hangin outta that thing.

WELCOME FRIEND. The very first thing any new or beginner grower needs to do is LISTEN TO THE Deep Water Culture. (Roseman posted the link to the Deep Water Culture home for you in his post) .The next thing you should do is read the tutorials That Roseman has posted. I am 7 weeks into flower on my very first bubble grow, and I have made alot of mistakes. The tutorials and the Deep Water Culture have saved my grow. here are some of the mistakes I made.. please dont make the same mistakes..Learn from mine.
Biggest mistake was the ammount of room I had to grow in. your plants are going to hit a point where they all the sudden just explode with growth. Make sure that you have the room to let them do what they want and spread out. from what you have for your tent should be great.
2nd mistake was the heat..we are officialy in summer now and its going to start getting hot so grow room temps are going to want to get hotter..dont let it.. I also recomend that when you flower, have your lights come on at night.. cheeper power bill and cooler temps.
Dont move them after they are medium height. I had to move my grow room because it was too small. I lost 2 plants and injured 2 others in the move..

as for your nutes. it comes down to personal choice. everyone you ask is going to tell you something different when it comes to what is the best one to use. The people that use Fox farm are loyal and love the product, same with Advanced, Humbolt, dutch master, GH, you name it people like it and they all work..I would recomend doing your homework on the ones you think you want to use and pick out the best nutes for your own needs, and how involved you want them to be.. Some have stuff you just measure out 1 or 2 things others are 6 + steps.. So its all up to your personal oppinion and how much you want to spend on nutes..
Come visit the Deep Water Culture home, check out some of their grow journals. hang out and ask questions. you will learn alot from them

crbanshee, wish I could rep you for that post..fantastic.

Henry, go the home thread ask questions and listen to answers. You will be fine with this grow.

I believe MC already told you about the plugs...heed the warning or your grow may be history. If the roots aren't established you can still move them into a more suitable medium. Ask how on the main thread.

Thank you Alien8.. reps back to you aswell for many many of your posts..

Heneryq another thing I THINK every new grower should know is dont take the word of the person at the hydro shops just because they work there.. ask here first. you get the correct answers here..

Henry G! Im on board :) Crbanshee had a good point, all nutrients are good. I personally use Fox farms, and the only complaint I have about it is that it is "water every other watering period" which doesnt sound like a lot, but when you have to mix different nutrients for 7 different plants, mixing in a small watering pail, it takes me at least an hour and a half every few days just for mixing nutes. I dont mind, and to sum up this random blabbering, do your research and find whats best for you :) goodluck with the grow, ill be back to check in to see how they are coming along!
~Lebowskii~

I agree with Lebowskii, I could never do all that work. I use a simple nute that has no micro and I just put it in. Simple is good for me. I am not sure how good it is but it is more cost effective then gh since you can't put a lot before burn.

Wow you Deep Water Culture are the best. The first few days of my journal I only had 2 replys. Talked to one Deep Water Culture and got almost 10 in one hour. Why do I keep hearing Michael Jackson's "You are not alone" in my head:). You guys are great, have already learned alot. Quick story, I ended up with the The fox farm nutes cause I thought tha AN was burning my last grow. Come to find out I hadn't calibrated my Ph pen correctly(checked before I started this grow). When I thought my ph was 5.7 it was actually 8 or 3. They lived long enough for me to get some smoke, maybe an ounce form 4 plants, but 2 valuble lessons learned. 1. If you don't know whats wrong ask somebody who does 2. Don't get blasted before doing things of a technical nature:bigtoke:. Thanks guys. I'll have pics of the grow room tonight.

Don't forget to come to the home thread you will get even faster answers. Also that will introduce you to a lot more people.

PH is very important. Just cause you calibrated your pen now doesn't mean you are good for the grow. You will need to check it and do it again.

Wow you Deep Water Culture are the best. The first few days of my journal I only had 2 replys. Talked to one Deep Water Culture and got almost 10 in one hour. Why do I keep hearing Michael Jackson's "You are not alone" in my head:). You guys are great, have already learned alot. Quick story, I ended up with the The fox farm nutes cause I thought tha AN was burning my last grow. Come to find out I hadn't calibrated my Ph pen correctly(checked before I started this grow). When I thought my ph was 5.7 it was actually 8 or 3. They lived long enough for me to get some smoke, maybe an ounce form 4 plants, but 2 valuble lessons learned. 1. If you don't know whats wrong ask somebody who does 2. Don't get blasted before doing things of a technical nature:bigtoke:. Thanks guys. I'll have pics of the grow room tonight.

The new hydro store I goto Is actually no longer selling AN, due to labeling and other issues. From what I was told someof the AN products were re-worked and required less nutes per gallon but labels still had old directions on them. The hydro shop owner told me that many of her regular customers complained because they were getting nute burn and using the exact amounts the label stated to use.. So it might not have been your fault with the nute problems

Your in a good group here henryg. BH is the best.
I have come to learn about my nutes is that you have to watch the plant after upping your PPM. I have burnt mine a couple of times. Once I start to see it, I pull out a gallon of water and add a gallon of PH water noting where the ppm is at. I have been flowing the GH calculator and can not get anywhere near the recommended ppm. Eg. at this time the ppm is to be up to 1300, I get close to 1150, I get burnt. So I am keeping it down to 1000-1050. I have attempted twice to get it up and have notice burnt.

I also, don't like the Digital meters for PH. PPM's I don't have a problem with cause I know the water I get from wally world is ppm 0-10 and that is usually read correctly. But when I first started out, I didn't like the PH meter and in a way I still don't, I am always double checking with GH PH solution. Even though it doesn't give me the exact number, the color does indicate to me that the meter is in range somewhat. I do this at least twice a week.

And I clean and reset my meters every week at res change. I do admit when I do this, They are usually not far off from calibrations. My PH meter has only been off by .2 PH. at one time. Else wise
it has pretty much been on or off just by .1 PH or not at all.

Now that you got the BH crew watching over you like they are doing with me, I am pretty sure you are going to have a good grow coming to you soon.

Shotgun

Back
Top Bottom