Grow #2 - Auto Blueberry - 2'x2.5' - Citi & Osram COB

Took a couple snips off the BB today, about the same. The smell in the tent made me want to roll one...so I did. Thinking of cutting Thurs night. That would be optimal for me.

Based on your testing, 5/10 stoned before the cure should be fine, especially since with the HK ripening you'll have options depending on your mood. Also, curing will change the effect. I'm curious to see your review after the cure.

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 72
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 66
Barney's Pineapple Express (supercrop oops) @ day 30
Barney's Pineapple Express x2 @ day 18

On first look this morning, the HK looked to have more amber than the past check. The upper leaves are yellowing fast. The last feeding seemed to sit around longer this time by the feel of the weight of the pot.

The BB has not really progressed much.

I think the HK will be 20% amber by sometime early next week at the rate it is going, it still is throwing new pistols at the tops of the buds. I plan on giving it a half gallon of RO tomorrow with Flawless Finish.

Going to take a couple snips under the scope tonight. Right now I am thinking of taking the BB before lights on tomorrow. The HK will follow either this weekend or next week.

Talk amongst yourselves...thoughts?

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 73 CUT
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 67
Barney's Pineapple Express (supercrop oops) @ day 31
Barney's Pineapple Express x2 @ day 19

Greetings. This morning was the day....:Namaste:

Pineapple Express - Gave em each a 250ppm solution of pH 6.4 with 2.5ml of Big Bloom and .5ml of Grow Big in a liter divided among all three plants. Their all leggy as hell from being shaded under the HK and BB. I assume this will remedy itself with time. I am considering taking the older one and putting it in a #2 pot-that is the larger pot that the younger 2 plants are in. This was their first feeding outside of a tad of Big Bloom I gave last week.

IMG_241529.jpg

Hindu Kush Auto - this plant was droopy this morning, I gave it a liter of RODI water, waited about 30 minutes and followed with 4L of Flawless Finish in RODI at 2ml/L. I removed all the yellowing leaves and some that just looked crappy. I am thinking this plant has 5-7 days left and that is being considerate. I think we are just under 20% on the main cola and around 10% on the lower colas. I am going to go for a little couchlock on this one bc IDK if the blueberry will have that.

Photos are before and after the defoil.

IMG_241330.jpg

IMG_241424.jpg

Blueberry Auto - It got the chop before lights on. Trimmed up pretty quick, might have to go in for a second trim after dry period. Planning on 5-10 days of drying. Took me about 30 min to trim while drinking coffee. We are at 194g on the kitchen scale after trimming. I estimated 40 dry, will we get to that number, dunno....but it will be around an ounce at the least. I used a razor to scrape a nice hash ball off the shears. Rest of the trim is in the fridge at 37 degrees, I hope I can find some dry ice today and post a few photos of what I get off the trim. The trim photo below was taken early in the process, I have about 3x that in trim. Only a few small flowers qualified as larf and I chopped them up and put them in with the trim.

To dry I poked my fiberglass rod through a box and just hung them in there, the main cola is sitting on parchment paper. I tried to 'open up' the buds some are could get to the centers easier-this was done by just pulling the bud off the stem slightly.

IMG_240832.jpg

IMG_240928.jpg

IMG_241128.jpg

IMG_241231.jpg

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 73 CUT
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 67
Barney's Pineapple Express (supercrop oops) @ day 31
Barney's Pineapple Express x2 @ day 19

Greetings. This morning was the day....:Namaste:

Hindu Kush Auto - this plant was droopy this morning, I gave it a liter of RODI water, waited about 30 minutes and followed with 4L of Flawless Finish in RODI at 2ml/L. I removed all the yellowing leaves and some that just looked crappy. I am thinking this plant has 5-7 days left and that is being considerate. I think we are just under 20% on the main cola and around 10% on the lower colas. I am going to go for a little couchlock on this one bc IDK if the blueberry will have that.

Photos are before and after the defoil.

Blueberry Auto - It got the chop before lights on. Trimmed up pretty quick, might have to go in for a second trim after dry period. Planning on 5-10 days of drying. Took me about 30 min to trim while drinking coffee. We are at 194g on the kitchen scale after trimming. I estimated 40 dry, will we get to that number, dunno....but it will be around an ounce at the least. I used a razor to scrape a nice hash ball off the shears. Rest of the trim is in the fridge at 37 degrees, I hope I can find some dry ice today and post a few photos of what I get off the trim. The trim photo below was taken early in the process, I have about 3x that in trim. Only a few small flowers qualified as larf and I chopped them up and put them in with the trim.

To dry I poked my fiberglass rod through a box and just hung them in there, the main cola is sitting on parchment paper. I tried to 'open up' the buds some are could get to the centers easier-this was done by just pulling the bud off the stem slightly.

Congrats on the Blueberry harvest. :thumb: Nice work on the scissor hash! Also, what's theory behind cutting before lights on? I'm getting some foxtails and strange ball growth at the top of some buds after my Blueberry flush on Sunday so no clue what that's about. May take the main cola down this weekend bc I'm seeing some more amber.

I've been reading the arguments about dry ice vs bubble hash (ice cubes/cold water) and the side of convenience and yield is obv on dry ice but the side of quality seems to be on the ice water side. I watched bubble man youtube vids and got a lot of good info there.

Nice work on the HK thinning. Looks much cleaner and will def get better airflow to the undercarriage!

Welp, drove down the street, and 5 bucks later, took about 5 minutes outside of driving, just used the 72 screen. There is really nothing to it. Just clean surface of what your dusting very well-I used 91% on a mirror.

IMG_241734.jpg
IMG_241822.jpg

It's not a ton by any means, but considering I had so little trim. Grinding your trim prior is silly as the dry ice freezes it and grinds during the agitation. Ball on rt with dry ice. Ball on left about whats left-tried the scissor hash, it's def low grade vs the keif I tried via a screen.

I would probably use water should I try with a large amount of trim.

Shed-I would not sweat the sac at the top of your plant...the plant is almost ready, of the things to worry about, freak at fungus, stuff like that, but an odd shaped growth this late in the game, just keep on going.

My whole house smells like a dispensary.

Rootball photos coming, need to burn one first. Wonder if there is rot or just dead/burnt....

Welp, drove down the street, and 5 bucks later, took about 5 minutes outside of driving, just used the 72 screen. There is really nothing to it. Just clean surface of what your dusting very well-I used 91% on a mirror.

It's not a ton by any means, but considering I had so little trim. Grinding your trim prior is silly as the dry ice freezes it and grinds during the agitation. Ball on rt with dry ice. Ball on left about whats left-tried the scissor hash, it's def low grade vs the keif I tried via a screen.

I would probably use water should I try with a large amount of trim.

Shed-I would not sweat the sac at the top of your plant...the plant is almost ready, of the things to worry about, freak at fungus, stuff like that, but an odd shaped growth this late in the game, just keep on going.

My whole house smells like a dispensary.

Rootball photos coming, need to burn one first. Wonder if there is rot or just dead/burnt....

Must be nice to have something smokeable right after harvest though! Wet trim + dry ice = instant hash. I don't know if I'm gonna have enough trim off my three to make hash worthwhile, but I'll either save to add to the next grow or just decarb and make canna lotion.

I've read that there is stuff to make from the roots as well if you're interested.

Not seeing any fungus (got a fan right in front of Blue 1 at night) but thanks for letting me know not to worry about the weirdness of the growths! I'm just gonna keep looking for amber...

I also think it is kinda 'not abnormal' (yes the double negative) for autos near death to show an attempt at male parts. I have heard of that more than once.

As simple as the hash was, I think it would probably provide a nice quarter size ball from those three plants. I did not run the fan leaf, just the sugar leaf trim and there was barely a compressed handful.

Forgot about root ball photos, I looked at it, started hacking it, then buried it in the garden. It appeared overpotted slightly, but nothing that looked unhealthy.

Seems my drying temp is going to be 75-77, with RH at 55 or so. I really would like to hang these in the tent vs a cardboard box next to the tent so my house does not seem like a dispensary. Hopefully I can cut the HK in a day or so and move the PE to a CFL tray for a week or so.

I also think it is kinda 'not abnormal' (yes the double negative) for autos near death to show an attempt at male parts. I have heard of that more than once.

As simple as the hash was, I think it would probably provide a nice quarter size ball from those three plants. I did not run the fan leaf, just the sugar leaf trim and there was barely a compressed handful.

Forgot about root ball photos, I looked at it, started hacking it, then buried it in the garden. It appeared overpotted slightly, but nothing that looked unhealthy.

Seems my drying temp is going to be 75-77, with RH at 55 or so. I really would like to hang these in the tent vs a cardboard box next to the tent so my house does not seem like a dispensary. Hopefully I can cut the HK in a day or so and move the PE to a CFL tray for a week or so.

And just a few hours ago you wanted to give the HK another week! Can you put the cardboard box in the tent to keep the smell contained? Or in a few smaller ones? Might be worth a shot to let it ripen more.

I'll see how much trim I end up with. It's probably going to either get saved for later or turned into a first attempt at canna lotion. Don't think I'd go through the trouble of bubble hash with the small amount I'll get, and from what I've read I think that's the way I want to go.

IDK if the HK will make it a week. It already looks yellow again....like in the first photo above. Barely 8 hours later. Lights are barely at 150w. Looks a little less droopy after the RO + Flawless Finish. I am supposed to give it up to a week with the FF, but I think we might be there sooner.

I would like a tutorial on how to make the lotion....

IDK if the HK will make it a week. It already looks yellow again....like in the first photo above. Barely 8 hours later. Lights are barely at 150w. Looks a little less droopy after the RO + Flawless Finish. I am supposed to give it up to a week with the FF, but I think we might be there sooner.

I would like a tutorial on how to make the lotion....

Not sure what's in Flawless Finish or how it manages to clear out the soil, but either way you have to check the trichs to see if it's gonna get you the couchlock you're looking for.

I've watched so many tutorials on how to make lotion I have no idea which way to go. There's decarb first, possible decarb when heating with the coconut oil, there's everclear extraction, there's use emu oil or don't. Aargh! When I get to that point I'll start all the research over again and figure out which way I want to go. A lot of the time I get waaaaay ahead of myself in researching things I won't be doing for months!

CB-re Flawless finish

Outside of a quick dried sample off the BB plant, it's the first time I have tried it.

Plant seemed to tolerate well. It came on recc from 2 individuals whom I know use it. They grow some decent stuff that I have tried.

Don't know or understand the method of action.

CB-re Flawless finish

Outside of a quick dried sample off the BB plant, it's the first time I have tried it.

Plant seemed to tolerate well. It came on recc from 2 individuals whom I know use it. They grow some decent stuff that I have tried.

Don't know or understand the method of action.

How much did you add per feed? Did you just use it a couple times before the end. I bought it on a whim and have to look into it a bit more I guess. Do you use any other AN products (sorry I'll admit I fast read the journal)

How much did you add per feed? Did you just use it a couple times before the end. I bought it on a whim and have to look into it a bit more I guess. Do you use any other AN products (sorry I'll admit I fast read the journal)

no problem.

With the BB I gave it (prob) too early, maybe 15 days before cut. I also flushed, but the plant was in lockout.

With the HK I gave it the last week of flower. Hopefully. That was today.

It's not an every feeding type of nute, it's not really a nute, it's to clear all the salts out of the soil so your plant does not taste like crap.

Directions are add 2ml/liter one week before harvest. I gave 4 liters of it to the HK plant, but it was because it was very dry.

No other AN products

Cool cheers for that I'll be running it hopefully in about 15 weeks time. I grabbed a few other AN boosters to test as well, wasn't going to go too hard with any nutes now though I've learnt my lesson . stunting and lockouts a bitch

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 73 CUT-dry day 2
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 68
Barney's Pineapple Express (supercrop oops) @ day 32
Barney's Pineapple Express x2 @ day 20

Hindu Kush - starting to smell very very sweet, it has a slightly sweeter smell than the blueberry. Going to check the trichomes this PM, and PMs going forward. When they get there, it's getting hacked the next day.

Blueberry - smoked the scissor hash last night. The buzz was great, taste was not too bad, it was pretty dark hash and I am not the most educated on hash types/grades.

PE - they appear to like their new space and getting more light.

I did turn off the dehumidifier for the day, because the humidity in the closet/tent is around 43%, too low for drying, but good for the remaining plant that is in the tent. Probably leave it off to save on electric for till the PE are near bloom. I don't think the HK is going to benefit from low 40s vs high 40/low 50 vs the drying BB.

I did some minor guesswork on yields. I have 194g of wet BB, say we end up with 20% remaining, and I think I have at least 2x that on the HK plant, so lets say I get 600g wet, that is roughly 120g dry or 4.25 ounces. I used about 140 on average with the lights, maybe 150, so I am pretty close to .8g per watt for a first grow. We will see with through the drying. Hopefully the quality is decent.

I did some minor guesswork on yields. I have 194g of wet BB, say we end up with 20% remaining, and I think I have at least 2x that on the HK plant, so lets say I get 600g wet, that is roughly 120g dry or 4.25 ounces. I used about 140 on average with the lights, maybe 150, so I am pretty close to .8g per watt for a first grow. We will see with through the drying. Hopefully the quality is decent.

Too much math for first thing in the morning!

Yes, I'd worry more about the RH for the drying than the perfect RH for the flowers, so get the tent closer to the mid 60% that's sposed to be good for drying. My shed is ~70% RH every night and the flowers don't seem to mind. I do have a fan blowing around to keep the mold from settling tho. And they are outside 12 hours a day too.

I think it's best to decarb the entire emu (feathers removed), say...over charcoal, for best effect!

Funny thing about the smell of strains. My blueberry has stunk like weed since it was about 2 weeks old. My AK-47, in full flower, still doesn't smell like anything even with my nose in it. If anyone needs a low smell grow, that's the one to go with.

The Bogglegum that I grew had no scent. The BB smells green. There is a weed scent to it, but its a green weed.

Having eaten emu several times, it's not too bad.

I weighed the BB earlier today, it went from 194 grams to 87 grams in 24 hours. Drying is non-linear, but I did not expect it to be that quick. I am going to continue weighing and make a decision to jar based on weight and how they feel. I imagine with RH getting as low as it is this summer, I may go to jars quicker knowing that I might be burping as the inside moisture makes it's way to the outside of the bud.

The Bogglegum that I grew had no scent. The BB smells green. There is a weed scent to it, but its a green weed.

Having eaten emu several times, it's not too bad.

I weighed the BB earlier today, it went from 194 grams to 87 grams in 24 hours. Drying is non-linear, but I did not expect it to be that quick. I am going to continue weighing and make a decision to jar based on weight and how they feel. I imagine with RH getting as low as it is this summer, I may go to jars quicker knowing that I might be burping as the inside moisture makes it's way to the outside of the bud.

Can't say I've eaten anything close to emu, nor have I ever seen it on a menu! I've eaten alligator and buffalo tho but I don't think they have beneficial oils!

My BB has a serious skunk smell, to the extent that my neighbor keeps mentioning that she smells skunk. Hard to believe she's never looked over the cinder block wall!

That's really fast drying for 24 hours. What is the RH where you are? I'm going to be drying in the shed where the rest of the plants are under the CFLs (but behind the reflective barrier so hopefully not too light) and the RH in there at night sits around 70%. Gonna keep a fan nearby to keep the mold from settling on the harvest. I'm hoping for a slow dry, as I seem to be getting a slow grow...

Back
Top Bottom