Grow #2 - Auto Blueberry - 2'x2.5' - Citi & Osram COB

my in house RH is about 45 right now, have not had rain in weeks and the AC is cranked (lowering the RH indoors bc it's running all the time) bc its 105 outside in the shade. It will rain and get humid next week. yay.

Emu is a pretty lean/easy to grill meat. It was all the rage to raise them in the early 90s. Speculators got there butts handed to them by bidding up pairs, etc. It's a tasty and useful animal, but their major PITA to work around, some are aggressive...well most are.

Alligators are a PITA. When they legalized a season back in the 80s we went and caught them with suspended red corks and hooks. There was not near the drama as the TV show details in catching them. Not a personal fan of bison, as they carry diseases that make land very unattractive for normal beef production.

One of the strangest things I have ever eaten is sea turtle. They farm raise it in some countries to kill the black market. It's very good meat. It's funny how governments can figure out how to kill some black markets but not others. Typical idiots.

Frogs, lents, coon, you name it, I have eaten it. except for cats. Some friends and I have an ongoing joke about 'chocho kitty'.

Bison I ate where the buffalo roam, in Wyoming. Also in Utah. I had alligator fritters in Florida (where else!) and they can deep fry anything. I remember eating venison someone brought back from deer season...didn't like that. Too gamey for my city tastes!

Don't think I could eat sea turtle, after Finding Nemo especially. Hate cats but don't think I could eat one tho!

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 73 CUT-dry day 3
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 69
Barney's Pineapple Express (supercrop oops) @ day 33
Barney's Pineapple Express x2 @ day 21

Lights are at 140 watts, just the citizens, RH is around 50%, temps under 77. Soil outside cooking for my organic grow is looking and smelling nice, the container is doing a good job of keeping bugs out. I think I will battle whiteflys with an organic grow---better start looking up remedies for this soon. I figure with this grow I will basically use just two nutes, and sporadically-I got the Root's Organic budda Grow concentrate for veg, and will use big bloom for bloom.

Blueberry Auto - this morning it weighed in at 54g, the outsides are pretty dry, insides still moist. Initially it weighed in at 194, after 24 hours 87g, after 48 hours 54g. I am thinking I might put it in a paper bag to slow it down a little and try to move some of the moisture from the inside to the outside of the buds. I might adjust my guess to 30-35 grams. Heck, it could be 25g tomorrow if it continues at this rate...lol.

Hindu Kush Auto - I gave it some 7pH RODI, about 1 liter today, defoiled with hands mostly lower fans that were yellow, some upper too. Did not see much amber progress, but I looked briefly, will look again this PM with the microscope. We are mostly white or partially white.

Before Defoil
IMG_241933.jpg

Pineapple Express - gave each maybe 150ml of RODI water.

Whiteflies are the easiest pest to get rid off. Insecticidal soap. Basically dish soap and water, but I'm sure you can find recipes online. Back when my citrus trees were covered with them I used concentrated Safer brand diluted in a 5 gallon Hudson sprayer. Got the job done in no time.

I think the BB will benefit from a slower dry, so you may want to get them into something that will do that. Do the stems bend-but-not-snap yet? When do you think they'll go into jars?

HK is looking good. Jorge Cervantes says to leave the yellowing fans on until they're completely yellow, as the plant is pulling the sugars from them as well as using every last bit of chlorophyll to produce more. Doesn't look very good but I tend to listen to Jorge!

I only pulled the lower leaves that were basically limp and ready to drop, had some that had dropped as well.

I put the BB in a clean paper bag and folded the top. I have read that this slows drying a bit and can help move some of the moisture inside the bud to the outside. Plan on evaluating need for bag daily. Jars who knows, maybe two days of bag and one day outside before going into jars to burp-that will be 5 days of drying. We are not really going to get above 50 in RH here until late Tuesday night.

Finished working horses for the day, thinking about trying some of the BB, but I will hold off and smoke something else. Going to look at a couple HK snips under the nice microscope.

My citrus and pit fruit is doing crappy this year. Berries are perfect though. Citrus is iffy where I live, basically satsumas on native rootstock....the peaches did not get enough freezing time this past winter-zero buds.

I need a 1k foot greenhouse.

Edit, added: Just looked at 4 snips of sugar leaves through the microscope. 2 were at 20% and 2 were about 10%...would prefer to cut Thursday morning, but will re-eval daily. All samples still had approx <5% clear.

Citrus rocks here obv, except for the leaf miner and caterpillars I seem to be overrun with! I had a couple of non-freeze peach trees that were incredible until they aged out and began leaking sap. Don't think I'll be able to replant as we're planning a backyard re-do with no room on the sunny side of the yard. The lemons do well and the pomegranates are producing but those seem to go to the birds and squirrels before I get any! My satsuma tree never grows and rarely produces because that really does need colder weather in the winter than I get here.

Wish I could grow berries. My kids love all types. No room unfortunately.

Hope that BB dries to perfection! Post the HK trichs when you can.

Berries (black and straw -w amended soil) do well here. The improved blackberries (no thorns) grow without any issue. I get anywhere from 20-25# per 10 yr old bush every year.

Small15yo 6' peach with enough freeze will yield around 100#

Meyer Lemons do well here w the satsuma and key lime, but real citrus, too cold.

We are about to put in a pool and some serious outdoor living space as well...ugh.

Berries (black and straw -w amended soil) do well here. The improved blackberries (no thorns) grow without any issue. I get anywhere from 20-25# per 10 yr old bush every year.

Small15yo 6' peach with enough freeze will yield around 100#

Meyer Lemons do well here w the satsuma and key lime, but real citrus, too cold.

We are about to put in a pool and some serious outdoor living space as well...ugh.

Sounds like a fruit-lovers dream! I hear ya on the outdoor space. It was Cancun or $ toward the backyard...backyard won!

My wife wanted to watch me try some BB. So I found the smallest, lower popcorn stuff and ground maybe .3g.

It smelled much better after grind. Some of the smoothest stuff I have smoked. Heady buzz. Dunno if there is any couchlock. Still green, needs to dry more and cure.

Quite happy with it. Much better than the quickdry method I tried earlier.

My wife wanted to watch me try some BB. So I found the smallest, lower popcorn stuff and ground maybe .3g.
It smelled much better after grind. Some of the smoothest stuff I have smoked. Heady buzz. Dunno if there is any couchlock. Still green, needs to dry more and cure.
Quite happy with it. Much better than the quickdry method I tried earlier.

Nice...dope-smoking as a spectator sport! You have a grinder or did you do it in the Cuisinart?

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 73 CUT-dry day 4
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 70
Barney's Pineapple Express (supercrop oops) @ day 34
Barney's Pineapple Express x2 @ day 22

Blueberry - Today is the start of the 4th day of drying. I moved the buds into a paper bag to slow their process. Most of the lighter stuff feels like it's ready to jar, and I will do that later today or first thing tomorrow. The main cola still has some dampness, so it will need a day or two longer. I am pleased that this morning it weighed in at 44 grams. So I am thinking it will end being a little over an ounce. I am happy with that for a plant I tortured and locked up.

HK - We are still daily here. There is a lot of yellowing on the uppers. I might considering harvesting them and letting the lowers continue for a day or two. The amber is in the main cola-very subtle, need to use a microscope to see or a 60x loupe (which is a dizzying experience). I am sure the uppers will get pulled by Wednesday at the latest.

PE - they look happy, but when I compare them to other plants I have grown, they seem to be a little behind on the timeline. Sometime this week I will give them a 400ppm or so feeding of Big Bloom, and Grow Big. Maybe some water one other time next week. All of them are standing on there own and doing well, but for a supposed 60 day strain, they ain't going to come close to that.

Sometime in the next 10-15 days I need to crack something else. Was thinking a couple of Bogglegum seeds (photo, regular) or possibly a single auto-I have some HSO auto strains that I am really wanting to try (Colorado cookies, and 707 Headband). I am leaning towards another auto pair prior to the photos....or should I go to photos? I think the photos could survive outside or possibly in veg for a longer period of time if auto ran over...just keep vegging them. I think my supersoil needs to go at least another 30 days to cook...and I really wanted the photos in that, so maybe in 10-15 I crack an auto.

Basically I have in autos and fem:
707 HB - Fem
Colorado Cookies auto
Tangie auto
Bubba Cheese Auto
ak47 auto
Dedoverde Haze - Feminized
c99 auto
Auto Glueberry O.G.
AutoDurban Poison
Green Crack - Feminized
Raspberry Diesel - Feminized
Auto Cinderella Jack - Feminized
Pure Northern Lights - Feminized
W Widow fem
BB auto
HK auto

So, if there is anything anyone wants to see chime in? Dedoverde Haze is HSO and it's description sounds interesting....

Sounds like a nice return on the BB after all it went through! Think the HK will give you more? No HK trichome pics?

I think the HK is at least 2x, maybe 3x the wet weight of the BB.

I totally suck at taking trichome photos. My trashed screen old iphone is really all I have. When I look at the photos I have taken and posted on here their all blurry as hell.

Have you checked the "strain review" journals for that one?

Nope, it's an 80/20 hybrid that is fast ~70 days after veg. Supposed to be a sticky as hell bud with a hardcore buzz. Since I have a few fem seeds it might make sense to try cloning before on a fem plant vs a non-sexed plant.

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 73 CUT-4 days drying, into jars
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 71
Barney's Pineapple Express (supercrop oops) @ day 35
Barney's Pineapple Express x2 @ day 23

Blueberry Auto - It weighed 38g before taking off stems, after stems it weighed 35g, or 1.25oz. Put in a clean jar with a 62% pack.

IMG_242519.jpg

IMG_243026.jpg

Hindu Kush Auto - Nothing done today, might do water only tomorrow. Most of the trichomes are white/not clear, about the same amount of amber. Plant looks like crap, but most of the upper yellowing is on stuff that I would trim. Maybe Wednesday, Thurs or Fri, who knows. If it's not ready by Wed, will plan on giving it some more RODI then.

IMG_243128.jpg

Pineapple Express - Nothing done today. Maybe some Big Bloom and Grow Big tomorrow, but it will be a small about 300ppm dose.

I really want to crack a dedoverde haze seed and try to get 3-4 clones off it. It's an HSO variety that is supposed to be easy, quick and dank with excellent yields. In ten or so days I may start one in Light Warrior and hopefully it will be August before it goes into super soil in a large pot. Since I am only doing one I plan on it going into a 7 gallon fabric pot during the process and will hopefully veg for a couple months. I have a couple 65w true CFL bulbs that I will use to veg it.

Nice work on that Blueberry. Checked with the wife this morning and she's paying $40-45/eighth, so that's at least $400 worth of dispensary dope in my neck of the woods!
:goodjob:

The HK leaves are looking like crap but you're so close to harvest I don't think you should sweat it. It does look more like browning than yellowing tho. Could be the way that strain ages, but could be something else too. Either way, as long as it's progressing and you're in countdown mode...

Back
Top Bottom