Grow #2: Outdoor/CFL Auto 420 Blueberry & AK-47 Smart Pots With Dr Earth Soil

Forgot to mention the actual feeding.

Each got a gallon of water with:

3ml cal/mag+
½ tsp Open Sesame
2¼ tsp Tiger Bloom
4 tbs Big Bloom

Nute PPM in was ~900 and runoff was ~ +70. Still keeping an eye on that but I think I'll be cutting it down before it get out of control anyway.

Yo. Excuse the ignant question. What is +70?

Yo. Excuse the ignant question. What is +70?

Not ignant at all. There are no ingant questions here Moon! +70 means runoff was 70 PPM more than the nutes going in. I notate it that way because the water going in is not what I've noted here, because I don't include Big Bloom in the nute PPM here. Technically, water in was 1130 and runoff was 1190 but that makes my 900 PPM number out of whack, so I just write it as +70!

Just my 2. Epsom salt water mixture maybe as foliar ive read. Not sure what bugs u have but same as pt said. I use salt to dry up fleas in carpet. Dries exoskeleton. Same for yours maybe. Also i sprayed neem on my outside grow. Also, i dumped the extra leftovers all around bottom of green house & everywhere outside that the pots were. Also spread epsom salt same areas. Bye bye bugs. They went to un treated (sacrificed) plants. A bugs gotta do whata bug gotta do! Prolly more satisfying to mash em! Lol. Ill pm you a link as an ad in the article shows my city and i dont like that. Lol. I know youre good tho.

Just my 2. Epsom salt water mixture maybe as foliar ive read. Not sure what bugs u have but same as pt said. I use salt to dry up fleas in carpet. Dries exoskeleton. Same for yours maybe. Also i sprayed neem on my outside grow. Also, i dumped the extra leftovers all around bottom of green house & everywhere outside that the pots were. Also spread epsom salt same areas. Bye bye bugs. They went to un treated (sacrificed) plants. A bugs gotta do whata bug gotta do! Prolly more satisfying to mash em! Lol. Ill pm you a link as an ad in the article shows my city and i dont like that. Lol. I know youre good tho.

Thanks Moon, I'll look out for it!

Skip the expensive and hazardous chemicals. Instead, lightly pour baking soda on them! Safe Organic Pesticide – Make a safe and organic pesticide spray that can kill insects harmful to plants, like aphids, while not harming beneficial insects. Measure out 2 teaspoons of the mix and add it to 1 cup of water.

Ok bro. Ill stop spammin ya. As my kids say. Lol. Hope it helps bro. Lord knows how much help youve given me.

Skip the expensive and hazardous chemicals. Instead, lightly pour baking soda on them! Safe Organic Pesticide – Make a safe and organic pesticide spray that can kill insects harmful to plants, like aphids, while not harming beneficial insects. Measure out 2 teaspoons of the mix and add it to 1 cup of water. Ok bro. Ill stop spammin ya. As my kids say. Lol. Hope it helps bro. Lord knows how much help youve given me.

The real question is: is smoking epsom salts ok for your lungs?

yes and i believe DE isnt ... its completely inert ... its even used in food treatments ... read up on it ... also neem degrades into harmless stuff within 48h i think ... not sure, pyrethrines do degrade that fast ...

That's the problem with what we spray on our flowers and buds. Testing for food means ok to eat. Completely different from ok to inhale. DE is edible but should not be inhaled. Who has tested epsom salts for heating and inhalation?

That's the problem with what we spray on our flowers and buds. Testing for food means ok to eat. Completely different from ok to inhale. DE is edible but should not be inhaled. Who has tested epsom salts for heating and inhalation?

Epsom = Kyseriete = Mg SO4 = Magnesium Sulfate

it contains sulfur ... you decide if ye wanna inhale that ... in some conditions it can form sulfuric acid

wiki said:
The heptahydrate may lose a water to form the hexahydrate under NTP when humidity is sufficiently low. The monohydrate can be prepared from the hexahydrate by heating to approximately 150 °C (the water released may cause the product to clump if this is done rapidly). Anhydrous magnesium sulfate can be prepared from the monohydrate by heating to approximately 200 °C. Upon further heating, the anhydrous salt will decompose into MgO and SO3, however at these temperatures SO3 may slowly decompose into SO2 and O2. This decomposition to MgO in theory occurs at around 1000 Celsius however in practice significant decomposition may be observed at temperatures as low as 250 °C in the form of a greyish tint. It is therefore advised that if you are drying the salt in your home that you do not heat it above 200 °C to prevent formation of dangerous sulfur dioxide and sulfur trioxide gases.

Thursday and the sun is out, so the plants are too! They've been in the shed for the last few days because it's been completely overcast here.

I'll save the bug spray test pics for last so you can see the pretty pics first...

Here is Blue 4 on day 97:

20180104_083347.jpg

20180104_084144.jpg

20180104_084150.jpg

Here is AK 7 on day 95:

20180104_083354.jpg

20180104_084200.jpg

20180104_084210.jpg

And here is the test of diatomaceous earth spray vs neem oil @ ½ tbs in 32 ounces water (2 tbs/gallon):

20180104_084057.jpg

20180104_084101.jpg

Who will the winner be???

Looking good shed. Excited to see which spray works best for you! Love your training. May send AK over to learn how to lst.

Lol. Yup, the whole state of Alaska is coming your way Lol. Nah. He's talking about me. I'm growing a few girls in a staircase.

There aren't that many of you so I think I can handle that class! It's a bit late to LST the plants you have growing under the stairs but pulling them wide like you're doing is a great idea at this stage. My LST starts when the plants are very small, probably 4", as soon as it looks like the stem can handle the bend.

Here is the bug update you have all been waiting for!

Diatomaceous earth mixed in water vs Neem mixed in water. Sprayed on the bottom of the leaves yesterday morning which were then taped to the table. Here are the results:

DE:

20180105_080428.jpg

Neem:

20180105_080524.jpg

DE>Neem. Any questions?

Pretty crazy difference bud where in Canada do you get the product.

Back
Top Bottom