Grow #2: Outdoor/CFL Auto 420 Blueberry & AK-47 Smart Pots With Dr Earth Soil

the only true Blueberry is DJ Short's Blueberry and that was a clone only photo strain if im not mistaken, all seeds available are reconstructions and come close to the original but arent really the same.
It has Purple Thai x (thai sativa x Afghani) ancestry ... and it has strong expressions of different pheno's so it not a surprise you detect skunk and thai tastes ;)

DP has really strong genetics if ye ask me ...

heh the only strains that i grew from the blue family are Blue Dream Auto from Humboldt Seeds and Blue AutoMazar from Dutch Passion ...

The blue dream had a nice BB smell during flower but mostly haze when smoked ... now the BlueMazar it came with a warning that this strain expresses strongly two distinct phenos being Mazar and BB (duh)... now here is where i got lucky and got the BB variant ... in a joint it has a strong BB taste but that fades after a few pulls into a nice earthy mossy taste ( from the mazar ) , the taste evolves as the finger rub evolves ... strong BB at first and then earthy hashy smell ... i am really loving this strain and i can really vouch for their quality genetics .. .so if you have a DP Blueberry auto you cant go wrong with their genetics ... after my current grow i will probably try their Daquiri Lime Auto ... heavy sativa wanna try ;)
oh and if ye get the Mazar pheno you will get blessed with XXL harvests ... win-win

First off I'd like to say :thanks: to whoever nominated me for Member of the Month! I'm truly honored by that.

I wanted to get back to the oil process for a minute here. When we last spoke, I had added 26 ounces of oil to 66 grams of bud and trim. After 5 hours on, overnight cooling, and 4 hours on again, I let it cool Sunday afternoon. At that point I strained it through cheesecloth into a large measuring cup.
For pics on the process, here is a link to my previous oil-making round. I didn't document it all over again this time!

I ended up with 19 ounces of oil, which means that there is still 7 ounces of THC goodness locked away in this:

20180114_180303.jpg

My wife and some friends are going to bake brownies and mix that in. I'll let you know how it goes! :)

Congrats on the nomo buddy! Well deserved!

Your always there answering questions n going outta your way to share the love n it's appreciated for sure .

Good stuff ITS!

Killer harvest, and killer data on weights on it. I appreciate that.

I wonder if you can smoke them bugs? Or make edibles out of them?

Anyway, this oil thing...I am curious....is there a link to a tutorial with more info?

I need hash brownies!!!!!

So, you cook in oven at 240, then just cook under 200 in crock with oil then sieve?

How was the quality of your blueberry? I have grown them twice now. Once indoors and once outdoors. Didn't think much of the potency of the one I grew indoors but I didn't realize it was an auto when I was growing it.lol. My outdoor plants were huge but seemed really airy and shitty. So i gave them away.lol.I am trying another 3 indoor to see if i can get the buds denser. I wouldn't even try except for the fact I have 20 seeds. What kind of fert did u use once they went into flower.

Killer harvest, and killer data on weights on it. I appreciate that.
I wonder if you can smoke them bugs? Or make edibles out of them?
Anyway, this oil thing...I am curious....is there a link to a tutorial with more info?
I need hash brownies!!!!!
So, you cook in oven at 240, then just cook under 200 in crock with oil then sieve?

That's basically the story. 240º for an hour in a sealed turkey bag or foil pod like I made, then ground or chopped or crumbled and covered with oil (keep track of how much you use so you can have an idea of the strength of your finished oil). If you're making brownies I'd go with regular coconut oil. Crock pot under 200º for 4 hours (after achieving temps), 8 hours cooling, 4 hours on again. Cool and strain (squeeze as much out of the buds as possible and either toss it or cook/bake it into something...my "trash" has 7 ounces of THC oil still in it). Done!

Here's the tutorial I did last time.

I'm sure there's no problem smoking or eating the bugs!

How was the quality of your blueberry? I have grown them twice now. Once indoors and once outdoors. Didn't think much of the potency of the one I grew indoors but I didn't realize it was an auto when I was growing it.lol. My outdoor plants were huge but seemed really airy and shitty. So i gave them away.lol.I am trying another 3 indoor to see if i can get the buds denser. I wouldn't even try except for the fact I have 20 seeds. What kind of fert did u use once they went into flower.

My first two blueberries (grown outdoors in summer) were very dense and got everyone nice and stoned, though not for long. Some folks liked that because they didn't want to be high for long. My seeds are rated at 14% THC so not that high, and that's probably not grown outside anyway. This outdoor winter grow is fluffier because the sun is much weaker this time of year.

If your outdoor plants were huge then training them as children would have improved the density for sure. I haven't topped any autos but you might want to try one like that just after the 3rd node and then go to LST.

My ferts in flower were Tiger Bloom and Open Sesame, both Fox Farms.

Hope this helps! :).

That's basically the story. 240º for an hour in a sealed turkey bag or foil pod like I made, then ground or chopped or crumbled and covered with oil (keep track of how much you use so you can have an idea of the strength of your finished oil). If you're making brownies I'd go with regular coconut oil. Crock pot under 200º for 4 hours (after achieving temps), 8 hours cooling, 4 hours on again. Cool and strain (squeeze as much out of the buds as possible and either toss it or cook/bake it into something...my "trash" has 7 ounces of THC oil still in it). Done!

Here's the tutorial I did last time.

I'm sure there's no problem smoking or eating the bugs!

My first two blueberries (grown outdoors in summer) were very dense and got everyone nice and stoned, though not for long. Some folks liked that because they didn't want to be high for long. My seeds are rated at 14% THC so not that high, and that's probably not grown outside anyway. This outdoor winter grow is fluffier because the sun is much weaker this time of year.

If your outdoor plants were huge then training them as children would have improved the density for sure. I haven't topped any autos but you might want to try one like that just after the 3rd node and then go to LST.

My ferts in flower were Tiger Bloom and Open Sesame, both Fox Farms.

Hope this helps! :).
Thanks. I'm sure it will help. Here is a pic of my blue berries and a Gilead for ya[

Attachments

• 0205813314e57784cf6774a5a2bd0033.jpg
    0205813314e57784cf6774a5a2bd0033.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 75
Only growing those in the 1 pot to free up room for everything else. The auto blueberry is the only strain I've had the airy bid with.

Well all I can tell you is that it's like growing each plant in ~ 1 gallon pots. You're better off growing fewer plants that you have room for. Much better ROI.

Where's your blueberry from? Mine and Moonshine17's came from 420 and neither of us ended up with airy buds. His in a tent and mine outside in the summer.

Mine were 420 also. I ordered 20 seeds and still have 15 of them. I think my airy outdoor may have been due to not enough fertilizer as I wasn't really looking after them as much as my indoor strains I had going. The only reason I have these 3 going now is because I didn't have any other seeds at the time. So i started them and now I'm not to worried about what I get off of them but just want to get dense buds now. so I'm giving more nutes this time and try and keep this 3 short. I bought a wack of seeds during Christmas. So I'm ready now for the year. You should check out Jordan of the island for strains at a decent price.

Pay attention to your nutes! Anything underfed will be light :). Get a TDS meter if you don't have one and make sure you use it with every watering. A pH meter is helpful as well. Get yourself a good nutrient lineup and feed your plants! Otherwise you can't complain about the buds ;).
I've always gone organic with very little fert. But I'm off that now and just want the sexiest of flowers. I wouldn't be in this situation if my other plants hadn't got murdered by my wife and spidermites while I was away working for 2 weeks.lol. Here is the devastation I came home too. My wife thought I was gonna divorce her.lol. I have now learned to be careful bringing plants indoors from outdoors and just assume they are infested. I gave a before and after pic of early skunk that I had alot of success with until taking clones from an outdoor plant
pic617.jpg
pic712.jpg

Ouch! That's a nightmare before and after pic :-0.

When you say "organic" do you mean the you use Supersoil or other amendments to take the plant from cradle to grave?
I used to use a mixture of everything in my soil. Perlite,vermiculite,bat guano,blood meal,bone meal, osmocote, and sunshine mix. Now I'm using floranova grow and seems to be doing great

Greetings on this sunny Thursday! It was time to move the harvest into jars today. Five days of drying isn't bad. Temps and RH were both in the mid 60s which slowed down the process. And when looking at the totals, remember I took 46 grams oven-dried trim and larf for the oil!

Blue 4 was 68 grams going into the jars:

20180118_084043.jpg

AK 7 was 46 grams going into the jars:

20180118_083039.jpg

I had dig into the old jars with the B62s in them to get the hygrometers out. Don't need them there because they're stable now.

Here's the harvest...AK on top, Blue on the bottom:

20180118_085206.jpg

Don't pay attention to the temp/RH on the meters, they just went in. I'll check RH tonight and see where we are. I'm guessing there will be a lot of open-jar time because it's pretty damp in LA these days.

Back
Top Bottom