Grow #2: Outdoor/CFL Auto 420 Blueberry & AK-47 Smart Pots With Dr Earth Soil

All have said kind words about you and your grow and you both deserve it. I am inclined to agree with all of it and I can't wait to see how the new seed and the future of Shed's Clones Inc. plays out. I'm out here still and I see you!

Hey all...second grow starts now!

My first grow is not complete yet but I've already started my next seeds so away we go...

This grow will be the same seeds because I already own them and in economics that would be the definition of sunk costs. And sunk they have in the bowls of water.

I'm growing two autoflower strains from 420:
Blueberry: The advertised specs: 15/85 indica dominant, ~14%THC, ~32" tall, 55 days. My first one grew only 24" tall and took 84 days. My second one was LST so no height measurements, but it's at 92 days and counting.

AK-47: The advertised specs: 50/50 sativa/indica, ~20%THC, ~25" tall, 56 days. My first one ended up at 23.5" tall and I harvested the top at day 87 which was a bit early, and the rest of the plant is still ripening on day 93.

I'm growing 2 AK-47's and 1 blueberry. All three with be trained with LST as it was a huge success on my second Blueberry.

They were sprouted in distilled water and placed in Jiffy Pots when the tap root was visible.

They will be planted in...
Soil: 60% Dr Earth Pot of Gold, 40% rinsed Perlite
Pots: 7 Gal Smart Pots
Nutrients:
Cal/Mag +
Fox Farm Grow Big 6-4-4
Fox Farm Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
Fox Farm Open Sesame 5-45-19

I use pH Down because my tap water runs pretty alkaline (around 7.6 pH) and when left standing it rises to 8.4. I'm shooting for the 5.9-6.4 pH range.

For the record, my tap water is ~100PPM and is purified with chloramine, which doesn't evaporate. Even so, I let my water stand out for at least 24 hour before I use it. No idea why.

HIGH!

This is a really nice and detailed journal, (didn't read every post reply but did read everything important!) I had some questions for you about the flowering stage outdoors, I'm a new grower (first cannabis plant) and I wanted to know if I can force my plant to flower before its time...

I have a Cali OG kush haze from crop king seeds 70% sativa dominant, she is 68 days old, 20inch tall and she is growing well, she is in a 5 gallon pot and will transplant it in a 10 gallons pot next week, but were I'm growing it (south america, I runned from winter this year LMAO) I have around 1 and a half month left before the cold starts kicking in(starts, and not yet to cold for her, so around 2 and half month before its to cold) , so I was wandering if in about 1 month or 1 month and half I could start leaving her ouside for 10-12h and then mooving her(gently) in a dark room for 12-14h and force her to start flowering like that before cold kicks in?

congrats on the final product! I wish I could smock some LOL!

Have a good day :goodjob:

HIGH!

This is a really nice and detailed journal, (didn't read every post reply but did read everything important!) I had some questions for you about the flowering stage outdoors, I'm a new grower (first cannabis plant) and I wanted to know if I can force my plant to flower before its time...
I have a Cali OG kush haze from crop king seeds 70% sativa dominant, she is 68 days old, 20inch tall and she is growing well, she is in a 5 gallon pot and will transplant it in a 10 gallons pot next week, but were I'm growing it (south america, I runned from winter this year LMAO) I have around 1 and a half month left before the cold starts kicking in(starts, and not yet to cold for her, so around 2 and half month before its to cold) , so I was wandering if in about 1 month or 1 month and half I could start leaving her ouside for 10-12h and then mooving her(gently) in a dark room for 12-14h and force her to start flowering like that before cold kicks in?
congrats on the final product! I wish I could smock some LOL!
Have a good day :goodjob:

Hey Leftout! Welcome to 420mag :).

The only way to get a photoperiod plant to flower is by shifting the lighting to 12/12. If you can't do that by waiting for the change of seasons you will need to find a way to get it into complete darkness for 12 hours a day. It's a heck of a lot easier to move a 5 gallon pot than a 10 gallon one but if she needs transplanting then do that and have a strong back or put the plant on rollers ;).

Two and a half months is plenty of time from 12/12 flip to harvest as long as you can get it into the dark for 12 hours a day. That's what I'll be doing with my photoperiod plants (see my sig for the link) because it never gets completely dark outside my house, so I'll be moving them into the shed every night. Not in 10 gallons though!

Hey Leftout! Welcome to 420mag :).

The only way to get a photoperiod plant to flower is by shifting the lighting to 12/12. If you can't do that by waiting for the change of seasons you will need to find a way to get it into complete darkness for 12 hours a day. It's a heck of a lot easier to move a 5 gallon pot than a 10 gallon one but if she needs transplanting then do that and have a strong back or put the plant on rollers ;).

Two and a half months is plenty of time from 12/12 flip to harvest as long as you can get it into the dark for 12 hours a day. That's what I'll be doing with my photoperiod plants (see my sig for the link) because it never gets completely dark outside my house, so I'll be moving them into the shed every night. Not in 10 gallons though!

Thanks man, I'm glad to be part of this awesome community!

Thanks for the 12/12h light advice, I already saw that on the web but somehow forgot about it, and yeah the problem is that I can't wait for the season to change bc I'm going back to Canada in April... and about the 5 to 10 gallon pot, it is a bit big to transport inside and outside but some people have told me I should transplant it in a 10 gallon pot...

what is your opinion on that? (its an old pic wen I started some LST a few days ago, and let me know if you don't want the picture in your threat I will delete it asap (still new to forums and rules and stuff)

27393418_1564192713665884_1320345363_o.jpg

and I will gladly look your journal up!

Thanks for your reply :Namaste:

Thanks Cody! Not too bad for an outdoor winter grow with enough bugs to freak out everyone who looks at the pic of them (I've been posting it in a few threads just for the shock value when the subject of bugs comes up) :). If I do autos next winter I have a few ideas of what to change. In the meantime I've got my photos going and they'll be vegging until the summer solstice...in time for October harvest. I hope I can wait that long...

Great harvest and beautiful nugsz even in your against all odds phil collins outdoor environment. That warms my heart!! Youre a good man charlie brown!! Take that title home!! Congrats and well done !!

Thanks man, I'm glad to be part of this awesome community!
Thanks for the 12/12h light advice, I already saw that on the web but somehow forgot about it, and yeah the problem is that I can't wait for the season to change bc I'm going back to Canada in April... and about the 5 to 10 gallon pot, it is a bit big to transport inside and outside but some people have told me I should transplant it in a 10 gallon pot...
what is your opinion on that? (its an old pic wen I started some LST a few days ago, and let me know if you don't want the picture in your threat I will delete it asap (still new to forums and rules and stuff)
and I will gladly look your journal up!
Thanks for your reply :Namaste:

No problem posting your pic here. It looks really leggy! Is it getting much sunlight? Have you been feeding it? No reason to transplant (unless it's root-bound, which I doubt) because that will slow the plant down while it sends out new roots, and time you don't have.

You have 77 days from today to April 15th. Do you know how long that strain takes from flip date? Is that two main stems going up or is that a shadow? If you had more time I would say top it, but since you may not have time, I would take off the weaker stem (if there are two) and then work backwards from your leaving date.

If you don't have a place that's pitch black for 12 hours straight, then get a cardboard box and make sure there are no light leaks and put it in that at night to force it to flower. Don't expect much from this plant but that's probably the best you can do at this point.

Also, I don't advise flying from South America to Canada with cannabis in your luggage. Not worth going to jail for.

I hope this helps!

No problem posting your pic here. It looks really leggy! Is it getting much sunlight? Have you been feeding it? No reason to transplant (unless it's root-bound, which I doubt) because that will slow the plant down while it sends out new roots, and time you don't have.

You have 77 days from today to April 15th. Do you know how long that strain takes from flip date? Is that two main stems going up or is that a shadow? If you had more time I would say top it, but since you may not have time, I would take off the weaker stem (if there are two) and then work backwards from your leaving date.

If you don't have a place that's pitch black for 12 hours straight, then get a cardboard box and make sure there are no light leaks and put it in that at night to force it to flower. Don't expect much from this plant but that's probably the best you can do at this point.

Also, I don't advise flying from South America to Canada with cannabis in your luggage. Not worth going to jail for.

I hope this helps!

hahahah nah dont worry I'm not gonna fly with cannabis in my luggage

She takes 9 to 10 weeks to flower

Yes she is getting minimum 7h of direct sunlightand and about 17h of total light in total and I have been feeding her organic tea, and she is growing in an organic homemade Supersoil (took the recipe here on 420 Mag or on Growweedeasy dont remember exaly were) and yes she is leggy I was out of town for 3 weeks and asked a friend to water her so for 3 weeks she got no care and wen I came back I toped her asap and that's what it gave as result... I dont see any sign of root-bound..

I'm still proud of my work because it was really hard to get anything at all for her (ingrediant, suplements, light bulb, I even got to drive 4h to get some of the stuff)

And YES it helps a lot thank you very much for your advise :Namaste:

I'm still looking for information on the fllowering time period
Yes she is getting minimum 7h of direct sunlightand and about 17h of total light in total and I have been feeding her organic tea, and she is growing in an organic homemade Supersoil (took the recipe here on 420 Mag or on Growweedeasy dont remember exaly were) and yes she is leggy I was out of town for 3 weeks and asked a friend to water her so for 3 weeks she got no care and wen I came back I toped her asap and that's what it gave as result... I dont see any sign of root-bound..
I'm still proud of my work because it was really hard to get anything at all for her (ingrediant, suplements, light bulb, I even got to drive 4h to get some of the stuff)

CKS says "Flowering Time: 9 - 10 Weeks" which is 63-70 days so now is the time to get that plant into flower. No time to transplant. Make sure you have a stock of flowering nutrients to get what you can out of it and go searching for a box that will keep it dark for 12 hours/day. Make sure you water in the morning to keep it dryer when it's shut away for the night to prevent mold.

Good luck and post pics as you go. You can even start a journal here so others can follow along the flower part of your grow! If you do, post a link here.

She takes 9 to 10 weeks to flower

some tying down would make it more bushy try to bend the two main tops so they look like a Y or like a oldfashioned dowsing rod with the main tips facing oposite sides and horizontal ... that wil redistribute the auxins and promote the sidegrowth

77days is plenty of veg time ... by then you will indeed need a bigger pot

edit... if ye try the tie down make sure it cant rip in the middle where they connect to mainstem ... you can ad some pre-emptive duct tape around it to keep both halves together

CKS says "Flowering Time: 9 - 10 Weeks" which is 63-70 days so now is the time to get that plant into flower. No time to transplant. Make sure you have a stock of flowering nutrients to get what you can out of it and go searching for a box that will keep it dark for 12 hours/day. Make sure you water in the morning to keep it dryer when it's shut away for the night to prevent mold.

Good luck and post pics as you go. You can even start a journal here so others can follow along the flower part of your grow! If you do, post a link here.

Thank you for the information! and I followed your advice and did a flowering journal !

here is the link to it

First Ever Outdoor Grow Cali OG Kush Haze Forcing Flowering Journal

I'm exited but stressed about this part of the journey hahahah but thank a lot for your time and advice IntheShed!

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom