Grow #2

Looking real good @twnewell :yummy: Super healthy and growing at a great pace

Just 2 more picks 24 hours apart.
home_CAM 1_main_20190614062714.jpg
home_CAM 1_main_20190613063058.jpg

I'm thinking around 2.5 feet tall on average, then these girls will get the flip.

Did some trimming of lower branches today. Just the branches that would have produced little or nothing. Let that energy get into the rest of the plant. Took them off and used them as clones for some of my buddies.

So. Question.

When should I start trimming off some of the big fan leafs? I’ve been tucking and hiding all the while trying not to block any bud sites. Now it’s just getting crazy. I just took these branches off and I know that has created a bit of stress, I don’t want to over stress them. I’m thinking 3-4 days to recover, then start removing just the big fan leafs.

I will also be trimming up the bottoms of the plant up to half way to increase light to some of the lower sites in the plants.

Also I removed the table and dropped everything down to about a foot off the floor. No worries about head room now.

Opinions?
1675DE8E-D6C1-4F14-A201-7AFA8DE864D2.jpeg

They're looking great. :bravo:
When should I start trimming off some of the big fan leafs?
I'd go with your plan - give them a couple days to recover then start taking off a couple leaves here and there that is covering new growth. Best to try and remove as little as possible, as once you flip and your stretch comes to an end your plants won't be developing much more leaves.
Also I removed the table and dropped everything down to about a foot off the floor.
They've got loads of vertical space to grow :ganjamon:

Cutting branches off never slowed these girls down one bit. Couple of days then starting to trim off some large fans leafs.

I have a enclosed hood as well as a bat wing style one. What is better for coverage?
I’d imagine the wing styled one.
Trying to get as much coverage as possible.
B2F608FB-1812-40A0-BEE4-4BAAE6A42A58.png

3 Days growth and some major de-leafing and there almost ready for bloom. Going to change the light to the 600 watt one on Monday, and keep the light in the enclosed fixture for the moment, going to be easier to control the heat. Perhaps a bit more removing leafs to allow the light to penetrate more.

6D9D1410-A0C8-4C4B-8D58-B4D229259246.png

1D14E11C-0EF3-45A7-A615-B2CCEF9E3105.png

Final trim looks good to me @twnewell! :yummy: The lime green showing on new growth could mean she's a bit hungry, but overall they are looking healthy.
And the canopy is nothing close to flat.
Nothing some pinching and bending won't fix up for you :ganjamon:easy fix

Final trim looks good to me @twnewell! :yummy: The lime green showing on new growth could mean she's a bit hungry, but overall they are looking healthy.

Nothing some pinching and bending won't fix up for you :ganjamon:easy fix
Now that i think about it pinching would slow down the faster growing branches and allow the slower ones to catch up.
Good idea.

Pinching will slow down the leaders, but supercropping will get you more tops!

Back
Top Bottom