Grow 3 - LED Hydro - NL5 x Haze - La Diva Auto - Soil - Blueberry

Welcome to my 3rd round of growing. For this journal I will be logging the grow of 3 different strains. For those who have read my first 2 journals the 1st grow was in soil and the 2nd grow turned into hydroponics. So for this journal I will be doing both :)

For Veg:
Tent 24" x 36" x 72"
G8LED 240 watt all in one light.

For Flower:
Tent 35"x35"x78"
Mars II 700 watt LED
G8LED 90 watt all red flower boost.

Strains:
1. One Northern Lights #5 x Haze Fem (Sensi Seeds) - Waterfarm w/hydroton
-Diet: General Hydroponics Nutrients Flora Series, Floralicious +, ArmorSI, Cali Magic, liquid/dry Koolbloom, Rapid Start
2. One Blueberry Fem (Dutch Passion) - 3 gal Smart Pot, FFOF Soil (amended with 30% Perlite and some azomite, dolomite lime)
-Diet: Fox Farm Trio, GH Dry Koolbloom
3. One La Diva Auto (Delicious Seeds) - Waterfarm w/hydroton - Will stay in Veg tent for its entire life cycle.
-Diet: GH Maxibloom (Lucas Formula)

I've wiped down my tents with bleach water and cleaned out all fans and lighting. I'm reusing the hydroton clay pebbles from my first grow. I soaked them in bleach water for about 4 hours and rinsed them good. There are many different opinions on using bleach but in the end I decided it was the way to go for me. There seems to be zero issues with NL5 at this point so I think its ok. I wanted to reuse the hydroton to see if it would be more ph stable the 2nd time around. I was really disappointed as the ph still fluctuates quite a bit. No improvement over the first usage. I may just by new ones after this grow as washing it and getting all the roots out was kinda a pain in the ass and did not help.

NL5 was germed on 7/28 in paper towel and broke ground (rock wool) on 7/31. So she is less then a month old. Diva was germed the same way and broke ground on 8/24 so she is only a few days old. Blue germed in paper towel and was placed into soil yesterday. She has yet to break ground. Her tap root was very small compared to the usual and the seed was cracked open where you could see the cotyledons inside so hopefully she will do fine.

Here are some timeline pics of NL5.

IMG_188111.JPG
IMG_188313.jpg
IMG_192912.jpg
IMG_194912.JPG
IMG_195016.jpg
IMG_194614.JPG
IMG_195214.jpg
IMG_195314.jpg

IMG_43454.JPG

Topped above 3rd set of leaves.
IMG_43476.JPG

IMG_196017.jpg
IMG_43408.JPG
IMG_43426.JPG

These pictures taken yesterday
IMG_43672.JPG
IMG_43634.JPG
IMG_43612.JPG

La Diva in center and Blueberry in top right corner
IMG_43555.JPG
IMG_43704.jpg

I am very happy with the way NL5 is turning out. She has vigorous growth and her fan leaves are huge for this stage. She has responded very well to the early topping and it seems to have caused the branching to shoot out. My plan is to take 3 clones of her. One to grow out again and the other 2 to try my hand in making Fem seeds while referencing toker69 and his great journal How to Make Feminized Seeds With Colloidal Silver - Sponsored by Intelligent-Gro LED.

I welcome any and all feedback. Thanks everyone. :):peace:

Re: Grow 3 - LED Hydro: NL5xHaze, La Diva Auto, Soil: Blueberry

I am in, you shuold try out one of your Waterfarms with rockwool cubes sometime, mine is working out great. took longer for roots to show in the bottom and they where blast white when they finally did(but that probably from tea I use)

I am in, you shuold try out one of your Waterfarms with rockwool cubes sometime, mine is working out great. took longer for roots to show in the bottom and they where blast white when they finally did(but that probably from tea I use)

Hey man. Thanks for joining. I was actually thinking about using rockwool cubes and doing a waterfarm grow with a little Capn influence. Do you think it would be ok to leave the pump running 24/7 with rockwool? The waterfarm pump system is kind of weak but works well with hydroton. Not sure it would be that great with rockwool.

Sup AllSmiles. Things are looking fun out of the gates man.

Sup Govna! Glad to see you aboard.

Subscribed! :)
Hey toker. I'll be testing out colloidal silver and making fem seeds. Think I'm ready to go thanks to your journal. Well see how it goes.

Glad to see you gHaze!

It's Thursday so that means update time.

NL5 is doing great. The first 2 set of fan leaves just keep getting bigger. They are almost 8" x 8" big. Normally I would just pinch them off but going to do very little removal of fans leaves during veg (if any at all) this go around. I've started LST training on her and tucking those monster leaves underneath the new growth as much as I could. I want to get some separation from the main stem and the branches. She is 8" tall at this time. I'm thinking 1 or 2 more weeks of Veg will be good enough. She is already taller then my first 2 grows before switching to flower so should have a decent yield. Plus I hear this strain really stretches those first few weeks of flower.
IMG_43752.JPG
IMG_43782.JPG
IMG_43815.JPG

La Diva is doing good. A little slow off the start but looks fine.
IMG_43843.JPG

Blueberry has yet to peak out of the soil. Hopefully soon. I'm starting to worry about that one.

I did reservoir change on NL5. Upped her EC from .7 to 1.
:):peace:

So I was tending to my outdoor garden and look what I found growing out there.
IMG_198015.jpg
IMG_198118.jpg

:) I just wish I knew what the heck they are. F word. Why did I have to be high when I tossed them out there. :tokin:

There are only 4 strains they can be. I planted my White Widow and Jack Flash that did not germ out there along with the 3 herm seeds I found from my last grow of AK 47 and Pineapple Chunk. The smaller one I'm almost 70% sure is WW as I put her in a special corner. I'm just not sure if I put Jack F in the same area. Dammit, I hate it when I can't remember:) The bigger one I'm thinking 80% AK 47 or PC and 20% Jack F. I'm so hoping for White Widow on one of them as that was one I really wanted to try when I ordered seeds thru Bonza.

Anywho, I've transplanted them and moved indoors as it gets in the mid 50s here in CO at night now. The small one I'm naming Wilma (starts with W for White Widow..please,please,please be WW). The bigger I'm naming Betty (B for Bag seed). YabbaDabbaDoo!
IMG_198417.JPG

That's Betty on the Left and Wilma on the right. Two new additions to this grow journal:) I'll probably flower these 2 in 4 weeks as I want to be totally done with all grows by around Dec and chill for the holidays. Then I'm going to rip out the carpet down stairs in the grow room and lay down tile and start over. I'll probably continue to do hydro but also looking into DocBuds high brix. I'm 10 pages into his journal and it's been a great read so far. Dude is smart and you can tell he is so passionate about his work. It's just awesome. I'm looking forward to the next 200 pages (no joke).

:peace:

Got my high brix mixed and cooking man. I've got some fun stuff lined up...and in-laws coming in 4 weeks...sigh.

Got my high brix mixed and cooking man. I've got some fun stuff lined up...and in-laws coming in 4 weeks...sigh.
Yeah man. I'm so excited for you. I will be following yours closely as I'm hoping to be running high brix next spring. It will be fun to follow from beginning to end and with you being new to it also. I hope you kill it. :laugh: You know what I mean. Oh, and your also using a new light. Gonna be fun!

Subscribed Smiles, Good luck with the grow.:high-five:
Hey Stealth. Welcome my friend. I'm going to need the luck. I got a lot going on this go around. A lot for what I'm use to anyway.

I'm a volunteer for the BMW Championship so wasn't able to do my normal update yesterday. So here it is today :)

NL5 is very healthy. No burnt tips or any issues. I wanted to start flower yesterday but decided to wait til Sunday to flip since I took some cuttings for clones from the very bottom branch. I have upped her EC to 1.6. She consumes about 200 mS per day. I moved her to the bigger flower tent since she has out grown the depth of the veg tent.

I've transplanted LDA to her waterfarm. She's still slow to grow but showing good signs. She is now on Lucas Formula with Maxibloom at 1/4 strength with a touch of CaliMagic.

BB, Wilma, and Betty are still in there solo cups being watered with just RO water.

Here are pics taken yesterday.

IMG_44064.JPG
IMG_44027.JPG

NL5 and clones
IMG_43933.JPG
IMG_43873.jpg
IMG_43983.JPG
IMG_43944.jpg
photo647.JPG

I'm experimenting with the clones in my tupperware dwc with hydroton. They were dipped in clonex.
:peace: :)

:Namaste:Thanks. I'm really happy with the way NL5 is turning out. She's just at 5 weeks from breaking ground and is 14" tall and 21" wide. Hopefully I can make some seeds out of the clones. The last 2 days she consumed 700 ms in nutrients. I was going to do 2 rounds of topping but no need to with how round and bushy she is. Can't wait to see her flower.

coming along nicely brother!
Thanks man. This is the first time I've given a plant a proper veg time. It's been fun seeing her grow so aggressively. Gonna flip her tomorrow.

I keep waiting for some preflower pistils. :popcorn:

I just came to the realization that this still could be a male. What if all this growth is because she is a he. That would suck.

I keep waiting for some preflower pistils. :popcorn:

I just came to the realization that this still could be a male. What if all this growth is because she is a he. That would suck.

I got my fingers crossed for ya buddy.:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom