Grow #3

Alaskan420907

Well here goes grow #3.

To the left is Kimbo Kush. I bought the seed from a local head shop. In a Coco mix using advance nutrients "grow micro bloom" 3 part setup. This is the 2nd go with these nutes.

To the right is Canalope Haze. Bag seed I found in a gram I bought from a local dispensary. Hopefully it turns out female. In the same mix as Kimbo and getting the same nutes.

Running a mars hydro 600 on a light mover and another random "300 watt" LED is kinda in between the 2 plants stationary. I rotate each plant 180* every light cycle....when I remember...

Hope everyone enjoys this journal. I'll try to keep everyone updated a little better than last go round.... Cheers!!

420-magazine-mobile5031855.jpg

Gave the (I hope to be) girls a little trimming tonight. They sure have grown in the past few days, that's for sure!!

I REALLY want to switch to CMH lighting...The LED (the cheap ones I have anyways) doesn't penetrate through the leaves very far. Which for my last go around was fine because of how lanky the plants were. These 2 are more indica dominant so they're a lot shorter and bushy.

Any input on which CMH to go with?? I figured just a cheapo off of Amazon like I did with my LEDs. Or is it even worth it unless I drop $500 on a setup??

Anyways. Here they currently are. I honestly don't keep track of the days until I switch to bloom.... If I had to guess, I'd say Kimbo is about 1.5 months from seed, and the canalope haze is about a month.

Canalope Haze:

420-magazine-mobile1013764189.jpg

Kimbo Kush:

420-magazine-mobile1048567138.jpg

Annnnnd the pile I trimmed off tonight. (Definitely a lot bigger in person)

420-magazine-mobile122747658.jpg

420-magazine-mobile36068307.jpg

Well I made the switch to a 1000 watt hps settup. Holy cow does this thing put off some heat!! Hopefully the plants like it. I've got it about 2 feet away, and can hold my hand above the plants and not be to hot.

I've got an mh bulb as well...it seems like mixed reviews. I figure bloom is coming sooner then I think, so miss as well go with hps

So long story short, I wasn't able to get home yesterday and check on the girls.

Came home around 6pm this evening, and HOLY SHIT my house was HOT!!! The thermometer said 100.3* Soooo instead of running my 4" exhaust into my living room, it is now directed to the 4" vent that leads to outside.

I set the fan on the same time as the light, that way it isn't pulling all of the heat out of my grow room/house when the light isn't on. I'm still in shock at how hot a 1000 watt hps light gets. Definitely time to invest in an air cooled hood, that's for sure.

No pictures right now. I'll make sure to get some over the week for you guys/gals.

Thanks for stopping by

420-magazine-mobile871476956.jpg

The girls seem to be liking the new light everything is going well, and I even cut a couple clones off. I don't have any clonex, or even dirt right now, so I stuck them straight into bottles of water. We'll see what happens

Well, the clones in bottles of water is a no go, unfortunately. But the 2 main plants seem to be doing well. I think I'm having nitrogen problems with the one plant....not 100% sure what's going on, but the leaves seem to be turning a bright green on me.

I fed em an extra dose last night of nitrogen, and it seemed to help. I think this will be my last week of veg, then they're getting transplanted to 10 gallon pots, and switched to 12/12 .

420-magazine-mobile518547623.jpg

So the Kimbo Kush seems to be happy and growing nice and green & strong....the Canalope Haze on the other hand I can't seem to make happy. No matter what assortment of nutrients I throw at it, or just plain RO water, the leaves show signs of nute burn and deficiency.

I am using Coco, and I am using distilled water. I'm going to try some calmag, along with transplant both girls into 10 gal pots tonight, and the switch to 12/12 begins

420-magazine-mobile1718090281.jpg

That's the Kimbo Kush. And yes, I've neglected her in the trimming area for the last couple weeks. I topped her so many times I just wanted to leave her be and grow until I switch to bloom, and then I'll clean her up some.

420-magazine-mobile1452380364.jpg

And the Canalope Haze. I've also neglected her in the trimming area as well for the last couple weeks. She seems to be doing better after a light feeding last night mixed in with some Recharge. That stuff seems to work amazing, and is the only "plant food" that I've found to smell somewhat "good."

Lol, it definitely smells like chocolate.

Anyways. That's all for now. I'm setting up a new grow room for bloom tonight, so I'll finally have a veg room, and a bloom room. I will keep everyone updated with pictures over the weekend. Thanks for stopping by .

Well a lot has happened over the course of a week or so. Both girls are in 10 gal pots now, in a new grow room, have a 1000 watt MH bulb over them, AND I hung a trellis net over the top of them. I used metal coat hangers (nearly impossible to find now days btw) to help hold the branches down on the plants, and they will be getting switched to bloom here this weekend. They seem to be loving their new pots & room. I hope everything keeps going as well as it has

420-magazine-mobile240235901.jpg

Hey man, im really sorry i seem have totally missed your grow so far . its hard to keep up with all these journals!

Your girls are looking wonderfully healthy and bushy! Have they started to fill out the net yet?

Peace brother ✌️

Day 11 of bloom. Holy smokes the girls are stretching, and my light can't go any higher up....Which made me realize that my 1000 watt hps is way to much. I'm picking up a 600 watt HPS setup this evening to help with temps.

420-magazine-mobile1327015892.jpg

Canalope Haze on the right, Kimbo Kush on the left. They both are doing amazing.
420-magazine-mobile1231581170.jpg

420-magazine-mobile829487917.jpg

Day 11 of bloom. Holy smokes the girls are stretching, and my light can't go any higher up....Which made me realize that my 1000 watt hps is way to much. I'm picking up a 600 watt HPS setup this evening to help with temps.

420-magazine-mobile1327015892.jpg

Canalope Haze on the right, Kimbo Kush on the left. They both are doing amazing.
420-magazine-mobile1231581170.jpg

420-magazine-mobile829487917.jpg

"We are gonna need a bigger tent"

And yet another light setup.

This time I went with a 6" vented hood, with a digital 600 watt ballast and HPS bulb. MUCH better temps, that's for sure!!

420-magazine-mobile1638341797.jpg

Day 12 of bloom. The girls just keep stretching, and I keep weaving them through the trellis net
420-magazine-mobile1825655366.jpg

May need to do a little trimming....these fan leaves are getting huge!!

420-magazine-mobile1976654394.jpg

I took this picture a week ago. But it gives you an idea of what's going on
(Yes thats a pink flower in the dogs ear....don't ask. Lol. She is my mom's Labradoodle)

420-magazine-mobile1330998838.jpg

Back
Top Bottom