Grow 7 - Girl Scout Cookies In Hydro

MikkaTheEnt

Now that those blasted and deadly-to-growers Southern California heat waves are (hopefully) over, I'm starting another couple of grows, timed for a hopefully spectacular New Years harvest to start out 2018 with a bang.

This particular grow, my seventh, is feminized Girl Scout Cookies from Auto Seeds via Attitude Seedbank, and this is my first auto grow. Here are my specs:

• Vivosun 2x4x5 grow tent with 6" evac fan with carbon filter, two 4" intake fans, one clip-on fan for the breeze, and two Viparspectra 300w LEDs on pulleys (automated on-off)
  • General Hydroponics WaterFarm with upgraded pump
  • Grow!t clay pebbles
  • General Hydroponics Flora Series (FloraGrow, FloraMicro, FloraBloom)
  • General Hydroponics CaliMag
  • General Hydroponics pH Up/Down as needed

Start date (germination in heated germination station in a Rooter plug) was 22 August. She went into the tent on 26 August, and into the WaterFarm on 29 August.

Today is Day 14 from seed. Here's how she looks today:

2017-09-05_gsc1_day_14.jpg

She's got one browned and dead first leaf (bottom left of stem, kind of melds into the clay pebbles) but all other leaves are looking pretty good.

If all goes according to plan, she should start flowering on 10 October, and be ready to harvest on 16 December, but I'm not sure of the dates because I'm basing them on my photoperiod experience. I don't know what an auto may do. She may surprise me and come early, or later, or right on time. Whatever she does, here's to good health and a bountiful harvest!

Here we are at day 21 from seed. I'm still having some lower leaf crisping and drying, so I raised the lights up about 6", will watch over her the next week to see how she reacts. I don't think this is a nute problem as she's getting the same nutes as her tent mate, which is doing very well.

2017-09-12_gsc1_day_21.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

I'm sorry to see the sad ending and wish you better luck with your greater knowledge next time.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom