Grow Box setup questions.

ryminol

Hi all,

I'm planning on creating a grow box very soon, and I have two questions that will affect how big I make my grow box.

1) For a grow box scrog grow, what sized gallon pots should I be using? I plan to have the screen 10 inches above the soil (growing organic) and a further 18 inches between the screen and the light. I'll be using a 400w HPS light for flowering. I'm under the impression that every foot of height = one gallon, but how does scrog affect this?

2) what are the (average) dimensions for said pot?

2 gallon square pots minimum, at 10 inches above soils add 18" = 28" A 3 gallon might be better to allow bigger roots. I suggest square pots as the fit better for a scrog.
2 gal square are app. 7" x 7"

Thank you for the information Cherma.

Also, I was wondering, for a 3ft X 2ft x 4ft grow box, how big of a fan do you think I'll need? I've been looking at the Valueline centrifugal fans available at Valueline Centrifugal Inline Fans - Plantlighting Hydroponics & Grow Lights... I'm planning on running tubing from the grow space through two carbon filters and I need to know how big the fans should be for adequate air flow. Any suggestions on a quiet and powerful fan would be nice too.

Back
Top Bottom