Grow Box?

purple smoke

I have a question for all of ya'll tokers. I did an outdoor grow as my first grow, four plants, of jack herer. Grew for 12 weeks, and flowered for 8 weeks. Harvested 3lbs of bone dried cure. Beautiful smoke, sweet and potent, but a very middle between a head high and couch stone. Very enjoyable, reminded me of sweet taffy.

But anyways my question is regarding a small indoor grow-op using a box. Now I have been reading that many people use these boxes as they are easy to conceal, and take up practically no room. My question is how abouts would you go from start to finish in creating one of these. From the parts, lights, ballasts, fans, ventillation, fertilizers. I'm basically looking for a step by step construction guide to building an ultimate grow box for a couple or so plants.

If this is already on the site(I have been looking but cannot find :( maybe you could point me to the right forum, or thread.

This is basically for me and a buddy to build our own and get a little personal stash going. I have done loads of reasearch and see lots of contradictions. Im basically looking for someone who has built their own, and its worked phenomenally. If so, please maybe post how exactly you built this box, ferts used, lighting periods, lengths of stages, etc. I would appreciate it so much guys.

Roll one for me ;)

I was thinking of like a closet type box. About 6 feet tall, 4 feet wide and 3 feet deep. Basically it's like a free standing closet.

thanks for that.

couple questions about it,

1.is his exhaust just leading out the side, into the room the tent is in. or straight outdoors through a window of some sort?

2.now if you look at his picture he has the light with a hood around it, now the exhaust piping leading from this i assume is just holding the wiring inside, or is this some sort of fan or exhaust itself? i have never understood what it's purpose is for and see it alot.

3.also would it best to pot in seperate individual buckets, or one large tub like bin. The ones used for storage, with two tubs placed side by side, each could hold 2-4 plants each. this would allow for maximum space usage.

4.now as for lighting, would it be best to use an hps light the entire grow, or start the veg with CF lights, probably about 8 or so 70Wr's. I mite not be able to get an hps light with a ballask for the start of the grow. would this be ok, or will that not be enough.

5.as for fans i was planning on using a fan i have its rated at 200cfm, and a smaller oscillating fan at the base of the plants to allow for the roots to grow strong.

Dude I found a good instructional video in a how too tutorial.... for a grow box. simple and plain. But decided to go another way... gonna try the closet see how it goes from there... anyhow - heres the video

YouTube - How to build a grow box

Dude I found a good instructional video in a how too tutorial.... for a grow box. simple and plain. But decided to go another way... gonna try the closet see how it goes from there... anyhow - heres the video

thanks so much man you dont even know how much this helped. im starting tommorow morning.

Im at kind of a loss...you can buy a tent on ebay for a hundred bucks, that fit into what your trying to do, and it sets up in an hour....

Glad it helped - keep us updated.

YouTube - How to build a grow box

He used the wrong fan for intake and exhaust. His way creates a positive pressure which pushes air out every seam and opening. Negative pressure (created by using the big fan for exhaust) would suck air in through all the seams and exhaust all through the exhaust fan opening only. A carbon filter then could be installed to clean the air.

He used the wrong fan for intake and exhaust. His way creates a positive pressure which pushes air out every seam and opening. Negative pressure (created by using the big fan for exhaust) would suck air in through all the seams and exhaust all through the exhaust fan opening only. A carbon filter then could be installed to clean the air.

So you saying use the larger fan for exhaust, so i would seal the fan so it faced out of the box, pulling air from in the box and pulling it outide of the box?

So if i place a ducting pipe sealed from the exhaust, and placed a carbon filter at the end, this would ensure all of the smell would be diminshed before leaving the pipe?

I will probably be using two of the same fans anyways. But if i were to use a larger and smaller fan, use the bigger one for exhaust.

what do you think of attaching a ducting pipe running from my window with fresh air, directly into the intake. I believe that fresh air should provide more co2, along with my little sugar yeast bottle co2 generators i will be using.

Sorry I have questions lol, i just dont want to get started and realize i did somehting wrong. Like if i followed the grow box instruction video i would have an inproperly pressured box

roll one for me!!!

There's no need for an intake fan. The exit fan will pull air through the intake and all the other small gaps your box may have. Provided the fan is strong enough.

I dont have any idea how you could entertain two fans, when your dealing with a sealed enclosure.

You will NEVER, repeat NEVER be able to balance the system, without the use of expensive and complicated pressure sensors, and computers to correctly balance the system, the easy way is as has been explained numerous times, install one fan on the exit, and let it pull the air out.

Back
Top Bottom