Grow box

RudyS2490

I Have this box and i want to turn it in to a grow box...this is my first one....i need some help....i have no idea wat im doing????

The box is 14 Inches wide
28 Inches Tall
11 Inches Deep

I need good useful ideas on how to make this a good grow cabinet

i jus lined my box wit foil and made a CFL light..it has 4 26watt bulb.

Can Some body give me advice on how to get growing in soil from here??

Great attitude, but I think a 14 x 28 inch box isn't gonna do it. With the light setup and add a pot, how much actual grow space would you have left. . . You could get one started, but you'd be in over your head in a few weeks. . . MAYBE, if you had a lowryder, but that might even be too much for the space. . .I'm taking a guess but with all involved you'd have about 16 -18 inches left to grow in.

Bagz :peace:

Well, that depends on what you want to put into this grow. . . You got lights, which sound good enough to start, and get you to flowering. Your gonna need a fan to cirulate the air. Ventilation will be an issue, unless your in a postion to pipe in fresh air and exhaust. . . this can be tricky in a closet. Some growers just leave the door open at some point evey day. . not the best method, but better than nothing. Then you just need your medium, pots, something to catch run off water, and a way to mount your lights, so their adjustable. This is just basic, as you haven't given me many specifics to go on. . .

Bagz :peace:

Rudy this is how I built mine. All of this can be bought at Home Depot. Take
4-4'x8'x1/2" pieces of chipboard. Cut two 3'x6' pieces out of two chipboards, then cut two 2'x6' pieces out of the remaing two. Then take six 2"x4"x8' studs and rip them in half, making them 1"x2"x8'. Then attach the 1x2 to the chipboards in a frame around the edges (allow for them fit together evenly). Cut the top and bottom out of the scrap chipboards and attach frames in the same manner. Then screw them all together. If none of this makes sense I am sure you can find a carpenter/smoker to help you out. Just remember to hook them up when you harvest. I gotta run I will be back tommarow to explain futher.:headbanger:

i jus put ma pot behind my entertainment center..i have my light hanging like 4 inches over it...didnt feel like messn with that exhaust bull shit..and its too small..

Rudy, don't give up man!!! This is just the beginning of a great experience!! Man, if you give up then what. You'll have to go back to buying bullshit from you neighbor, and we all know the schwag those people sell. Look dude if you are really serouis about growing some killer pot, and becoming dealer free I will help you step by step. Only through experience can the real cool shit been taught. but I will do what I can. Let me know where you want to start and we'll go from there. Every thing, from wood down to the dirt can be purchased from Home De"pot" for about $500, it seems like a lot at the time but you will more than pay for it in the first year, at the longest. Would you rather grow an oz. for about 25 bucks or buy it on the street for 5-10 times that much. Think about it and hit me back.

P.S. I harvest about 1 1/2 to 2lbs every four months in my box which is the same size as the one I told you about.

No one thinks he might be able to pull of a SCRoG? That would solve the height problem. All you need to do is figure how to move fresh air through there.

Hey newbie didn't see need more info. Although it could have something to do with all this smoke {cough, cough} Yo Brett what the hell is SCRoG {cough, cough, cough some more} Ha Ha just messin with ya

Yo Rudy I get the camera tonite a snap a few and I will also post some pics of my last grow, and maybe a few pics of my breeder box.

I Have this box and i want to turn it in to a grow box...this is my first one....i need some help....i have no idea wat im doing????

The box is 14 Inches wide
28 Inches Tall
11 Inches Deep

I need good useful ideas on how to make this a good grow cabinet

This box would be perfect for you veg cycle because you can start flowering when they are about 18"-24" tall.

Dude Rudy check out the very first thread in Closet Cultivation in the forums section this is a great plan it should work, its a little smaller than mine but a good design. Don't waste you money on milar tinfoil works just as good, trust me. You should get idea of how to build it. Don't forget though ventilation is the key factor here. You can have best lights, best box, best seeds, b.... well you get the point, none of it is worth shit without good airflow.

Ever think of LST for your plants? You could grow in a box of those dimensions, maybe only one but you can do it, I've seen plants put under low stress training and they produce extremely nice buds along with staying relatively small at harvest, although depending on what style of light and size that box could be a little small even still.. Maybe I contradicted myself but I'm not gonna lie, I have seen several instances where a plant has grown in similar dimensions...

Tinfoil is such a poor alternative to light reflection, it causes hotspots and can potentially burn your plant ontop of that tinfoil isn't very reflective as is, especially when most of the time it gets crinkled up...

Just grab some cheap white paint and paint it white, It's such a better alternative, or get a small light hood..

Here's my little box for seedling and first week or so of growth until I switch it to my vegging room..
You may noticed I have foil hooked up to it, this is a pretty darn old picture, I've learned my lesson from using foil and I really wouldn't recommend it...

Fan Setup:
Ventilation:

As you can see I have a hole at the top of my box to vent out the hot air and the fan pushes about 700CFM so I constantly have fresh air inside there..

You may be wondering what this has to do with your question but basically your setup is the exact same as my seedling/veg box except your's is quite a bit higher than mine.. I'm not saying LST will work for sure with your plant but if thats your only alternative is using that box then that could be an option.. I've seen some cases of it that have kept to about a foot and a half tall including the pot... And it by no means lowered his yield by doing that method either.. Look into it!

Might I also recommend not using foil. It can cause hot spots which you don't want. Mylar or flat white paint are supposed to do the job well. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Back
Top Bottom