Grow Cab Lighting advice

gromit23

Hi all. I have a lower kitchen cabinet that I converted into a grow cab. Approx 14" wide by 22" deep by 27" tall. I had 3 t5 Biax bulbs in it punching out about 15k lumens. I liked them but did not love them.

Does anybody have advice or experience with small cab lighting options?

I was thinking of going simple with 2 rows of 7-8 (14-16 total) cfls horizontally above the plants. Easy to replace and to blend the kelvins. The cab is vented outside with a passive intake with 2 in line fans ducting outside.

Is mhs/hp overkill for the small space? Too much heat? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

are led light really that much better for flowering
The sun's the very best. Second is the HPS with all the higher power bills, high heat necessitating fans, vents and all the other equipment needed to keep the plants in a decent environment. None of the lights, (except the sun) penetrate the plant more than 8" so all lights, including LEDS need side lighting to get the lower buds plumper than popcorn. The LEDS have their own fans and the right combo of blue and red rays to give the convenience of 'plug in and grow' for veggin and flowering and no raise in electric consumption or need for other equipment with them. The initial cost is high, however, in the long run, the LEDS cost overall is actually cheaper than other lighting, (except the sun). Anyways, my opinion and experience with em.
:rollit: Did anyone mention the most important thing when deciding to purchase a LED is to be sure to get em from a reputable LED manufacture? Way to many wanna-be-LED-sellers out there that give it a bad rap. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom