Grow cabinet design help

For the passive intake I built a light box with the same size opening...mated them up at the back and then sealed the interior around where they connect with heavy duty black tape. Inside every seam is caulked and my door opening has thick weatherstripping all around. I Have a dryer type vent at the top back. No light leaks. Couple more pics of the light box.

2CA4DA72-95F8-466D-B597-E28AC91418C4.jpeg
83CF51A3-1269-4526-85DF-481F46357AEC.jpeg
Nice man but i have to come up with something more stealth. I saw someLight baffles from secret jardin that i might try.

How stealthy do you need to be? I found exhaust fan noise to be a issue.

I don't think location of intake and exhaust is critical. You will have fans inside that
will mix the air up. Go with what is most convenient.
Stealth is extremely important, the most. Important honestly. Thats whty i decided to get a 6inch fan turned on low, and the cabinet will be 1/2 inch thick, i think that will take care of noise. Whats messing with my head now is passive intakes, how to make them stealth and light proof at the same time

Nice man but i have to come up with something more stealth. I saw someLight baffles from secret jardin that i might try.

Stealth is extremely important, the most. Important honestly. Thats whty i decided to get a 6inch fan turned on low, and the cabinet will be 1/2 inch thick, i think that will take care of noise. Whats messing with my head now is passive intakes, how to make them stealth and light proof at the same time
Do you have the fan? If not you should get it soon and test to see if it is quiet enough before you get too far into this project. If it is I'd like to know details.

Consider making cabinet out of thinner ply to save weight and line with 1" foamboard for noise.

Some hose with a loop in it should block light for your intake and not take much work.

I thought you had dark room shutters for the intakes?
I do not have anything yet, shipping costs so much to where i live but i am breaking down the whole project so i can have a clear path in the future. Im trying to visualize all the equipments i need, their placement, sizes etc. Because building the wooden cabinet is the most important thing and filling it up with gear is an easy task that just requires funds.

Do you have the fan? If not you should get it soon and test to see if it is quiet enough before you get too far into this project. If it is I'd like to know details.

Consider making cabinet out of thinner ply to save weight and line with 1" foamboard for noise.

Some hose with a loop in it should block light for your intake and not take much work.
I did my reseach and from reviews i can tell you for sure that a 6 inch turned down to low is quiet. Im not sure about the foam board, my budget is limited and i prefer not to add costs, and im sure it costs a lot where i live since i did a simple google search and didnt find many suppliers, plus i want the cab to last for a long time. The can will be placed a few inches away from a wall, i dont know if im gonna be able to fit 6 inch ducts in a stealthy way behind it.

The 4 inch fan was my original plan, to hang it in the middle and two quantum boards on the sides, that way i can gain more headroom, but i think the 4 inch will not be enough for a 2x4 in summer days?

Back
Top Bottom