Grow Cabinet plans help!

BarstadBuds

I'm currently building a small bed side cabinet in my wood shop class.
i was planning on changing this into a small grow box for one plant

I plan on drilling to large holes for two fans i already have and im going to make two carbon filters to put on those.

the area in the drawer is about 171/2'' tall and about 10" wide and back.

my questions are

What types of lights should i use in this area for one plant?
and what types of fixtures/ideas on placement in box.

how large of a pot should be used to grow in?

Can i use the same pot throughout full growth?

well, if you use an auto flowering strain, they tend to stay about 10-15 or so inches tall. so one of thoes and a 6-8" pot should be sufficent.
as for lights, take a power strip, and get these things called socket plugs, and do some research on cfls, little to no heat, and they will do the job. im using the same light method in my grow box. just make sure you either white out the walls or use tin foil for reflectivity.
heres some links to help you out.
https://cache1.bigcartel.com/product_images/2265817/adapter_1.jpg
Afghan Kush - World of Seeds Seeds - Worldwide Marijuana Seeds

hope it helps

CFLs are the way to go for heat management. If you must use tin foil be sure to use the dull side vs the super shiny side to avoid hot spots. Ideally you should just paint the inside with a FLAT white paint. That would be the ideal reflective surface for your planned box.

well, if you use an auto flowering strain, they tend to stay about 10-15 or so inches tall. so one of thoes and a 6-8" pot should be sufficent.
as for lights, take a power strip, and get these things called socket plugs, and do some research on cfls, little to no heat, and they will do the job. im using the same light method in my grow box. just make sure you either white out the walls or use tin foil for reflectivity.
heres some links to help you out.
https://cache1.bigcartel.com/product_images/2265817/adapter_1.jpg
Afghan Kush - World of Seeds Seeds - Worldwide Marijuana Seeds

hope it helps

okay, i have been looking at auto flowering lowryder seeds at a seed bank a few hours from here, im thinking im going to go with femnized auto flowering low ryder seeds plant is said to get no more then ten inches tall.

i went to walmart today and looked at the pots, but im curious would it be worth it to build a small hydro setup? im looking for the best results possible with this grow i have no problem with giving it constant attention.

i couldnt find those socket plugs at walmart but im going to keep looking, but do you think if i put a 14 inch flourescent tube on either side of the plant and maybe one florescent above would help with better growth?

and also will there be a large rise in the power bill with a few CFLs running?

Thanks for the help greatly appreciated!

CFLs are the way to go for heat management. If you must use tin foil be sure to use the dull side vs the super shiny side to avoid hot spots. Ideally you should just paint the inside with a FLAT white paint. That would be the ideal reflective surface for your planned box.

I plan on painting the inside of the cabinet in class pretty soon, Thanks for the help man!

Cost to run lights
Total Actual Watts x Hours used over 1 month = Watts per Hour (Wh)
Wh / 1000 = Kilowatts per hour (KWh)
KWh x your electric rate (see your power bill) = Monthly cost

Ex: 3 23W CFLs = 69W
69W x 732hours (24/7 at 30.5 days = 732hrs) = 50508Wh
50508Wh / 1000 = 50.5KWh
50.5KWh x $0.10 = $5.05 per month
If you go 12/12 during flower your cost would be half as much

well, i dont think ive ever seen anyone go with auto flowering strains in a hydro set up, but i would imagine that it would work just like in dirt.
i dont do much dealing in hydro as of yet, but i have done som research on it, and for about the amount of money you can do a small hydro grow. but rlly thats all up to you, only down side with hydro is you NEED nutes and they can be costly depending on the set you get. btw, hydro requiers an air pump like the ones in fish tanks that make bubbles, and they make a little noise, so if your going for any stealth, its not the best idea if its in a high traffic area.

and yes, you can grow with the long floros, as long as you get a bulb that is for plants, they have a full color spectrum for best plant growth, also read the bulb for the amount of lumens it puts out, and see if its as high or at least close to the about that the other cfls would

well, i dont think ive ever seen anyone go with auto flowering strains in a hydro set up, but i would imagine that it would work just like in dirt.
i dont do much dealing in hydro as of yet, but i have done som research on it, and for about the amount of money you can do a small hydro grow. but rlly thats all up to you, only down side with hydro is you NEED nutes and they can be costly depending on the set you get. btw, hydro requiers an air pump like the ones in fish tanks that make bubbles, and they make a little noise, so if your going for any stealth, its not the best idea if its in a high traffic area.

and yes, you can grow with the long floros, as long as you get a bulb that is for plants, they have a full color spectrum for best plant growth, also read the bulb for the amount of lumens it puts out, and see if its as high or at least close to the about that the other cfls would

alright thanks for the advice, i think im going to try and put up atleast three CFls and im gunna use the hempy bucket technique, im not to worried about noise though, the cabinet will be in my room and my systems make plenty of cover noise.

Back
Top Bottom