Grow challenge

RiseAgainst

Not sure if this is been done before but here it goes
I call to order the first grow challenge :allgood:

The challenge will be to grow a plant too the end of flowering under 1 cfl. :hmmmm: Not one of the big ones, the little tiny 13 watt or w/e. Also limited at a 5 gallon pot, probably wouldn't need any bigger under 1 cfl lol. Also no low ryders sorry.........

I just took a clone off my snow white a couple days ago so I will be using that. Snow white is probably a bad strain to pick for this but Im gonna use it anyway.:smokin: cant wait to see your results if any survive lol.

I think this challenge is a waste of time. We are here for cannabis awareness, not for promoting the abuse of a cannabis plant. I consider trying to grow a cannabis plant under a single 13W cfl to be cruel and unusual punishment.

Ok come on now, its a plant........... a beautiful and majestic plant but still a plant. Whats more cruel chopping off the top of it so it splits into two or growing it under a weak light? Depriving it of food in the last few days of its life or gently nurturing it to the best of your ability? I think the answer is clear.......

I think this challenge is a waste of time. We are here for cannabis awareness, not for promoting the abuse of a cannabis plant. I consider trying to grow a cannabis plant under a single 13W cfl to be cruel and unusual punishment.

then smoking the plant is even more cruel and unusual punishment. . . .

The returns on this venture would be so poor I don't think anyone in their right mind would accept this challenge. Look at it this way...

A. A person has a grow already going, and is probably using way better lighting than one CFL. They won't want to dedicate extra time, room, ferts., money, etc. to a plant that they know will give them very little in return.

B. A person does not have a grow going or has never grown. In which case, it would not even be worth assuming the risk of growing cannabis this way because of such a small return.

C. A person does (for some reason) decide to do this, but that one plant ends up being MALE.

I don't mean to bash your idea, it's just not a very efficient.

The returns on this venture would be so poor I don't think anyone in their right mind would accept this challenge. Look at it this way...

A. A person has a grow already going, and is probably using way better lighting than one CFL. They won't want to dedicate extra time, room, ferts., money, etc. to a plant that they know will give them very little in return.

B. A person does not have a grow going or has never grown. In which case, it would not even be worth assuming the risk of growing cannabis this way because of such a small return.

C. A person does (for some reason) decide to do this, but that one plant ends up being MALE.

I don't mean to bash your idea, it's just not a very efficient.
Your taking it too seriously this isn't something for yield its just about growing something in minimal conditions to its maximum potential in them, its just for fun. Look at it this way...

A. This wouldn't take much room, you could even proly do it stealth in a cupboard or somthing and it costs about 1 dollar a month to run a cfl 24 hours a day. All you really gotta do is put it under a cfl and water it. That proly would take about 30 seconds if your slow.......

B. Not targeted at these people, but this would be an easy inexpensive way to learn how to grow. If you mess up its fine, hell even if your an experienced grower you can try that thing that you have been wanting to but thought it would fuck up your plants....lst, topping, w/e i think you get what I mean.

C. Thats why I'm using a clone, and if they do it from a seed and it turns out to be a male, it would "give them very little in return" even if it was female so who cares?

don't mean to bash your argument, it's just not a very efficient.

Well I for one thought the main reason for growing was to grow your own and strive for the most amount and best potency for all the time and effort you put into it. Maybe I'm crazy though. Most of the conversation on these boards involves people wondering how to increase their yeilds and potency, not undertake a futile experiment. Have you grown before?

Inefficient analysis of your challenge? I think not. Person A would not waste their time with this if they had a room of plants under HID lights. Person B would be assuming the risk of cultivating cannabis (which is still mostly illegal BTW) for a plant that will for SURE give them next to nothing to smoke. It's far easier for person B to buy a nickel bag then to grow one. Situation C is the product of growing one plant, which you should never even bother with no matter what lighting you have. So this all adds up to a huge waste of time.

Also, the results of this challenge will be what exactly? A bunch of skinny lanky plants that are stretched to all hell that have next to no bud on them. So people will post pictures and compare one light deprived plant to another and we will see what, who wasted the most time?

Taking it too seriously? Well thats for sure. Everything I do is done with the utmost severity envolved. Cutting corners is not my thing, espescially with something that can land you in prison for a good long time.

To quote Raoul Duke "If something is worth doing, shit, it's worth doing right.":cheesygrinsmiley:

Well I for one thought the main reason for growing was to grow your own and strive for the most amount and best potency for all the time and effort you put into it. Maybe I'm crazy though. Most of the conversation on these boards involves people wondering how to increase their yeilds and potency, not undertake a futile experiment. Have you grown before?

Inefficient analysis of your challenge? I think not. Person A would not waste their time with this if they had a room of plants under HID lights. Person B would be assuming the risk of cultivating cannabis (which is still mostly illegal BTW) for a plant that will for SURE give them next to nothing to smoke. It's far easier for person B to buy a nickel bag then to grow one. Situation C is the product of growing one plant, which you should never even bother with no matter what lighting you have. So this all adds up to a huge waste of time.

Also, the results of this challenge will be what exactly? A bunch of skinny lanky plants that are stretched to all hell that have next to no bud on them. So people will post pictures and compare one light deprived plant to another and we will see what, who wasted the most time?

Taking it too seriously? Well thats for sure. Everything I do is done with the utmost severity envolved. Cutting corners is not my thing, espescially with something that can land you in prison for a good long time.

To quote Raoul Duke "If something is worth doing, shit, it's worth doing right.":cheesygrinsmiley:

Ahhh the main reason for growing weed....To grow your own and strive for the most amount and the best....even if its under 1 cfl.

ok for person A you have not given any reason for them not too. As for person B, are you like one of those pot heads that act like ***** heads about buds? Cuz that seems to be all you really desire. You see people can do things because they want to, i dont have to be motivated by the buds at the result I can be motivated by the learning experience. And of course C, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: you destroyed your first argument for C with your second, now thats a pretty inefficient analysis. Also theres no point to your answer of C it was your own question. Also you forgot theres a situation D where an outdoor grower is now nearing the end of his season and can no longer grow outside. Why not take a clone and try this during the winter?

Well I dont know the results of the challenge do I? Yes the plants will be skinny and lanky duh, everyone realized this a long time ago while you were sitting in front of your computer contemplating how you would go into a topic and insult its main idea for no reason, your not saying anything new. So they will be lanky, I really dont care, so they wont make much bud if any....again I don't care. Why cant you just enjoy trying something more difficult? I have a little clone sitting under my light in my room, wow this is waisting so much time its amazing, Its like a black whole sucking in time and money because it doesn't have enough light, I guess I forgot that the things plants need to grow are water light and the absorption of abstract time. Also you forgot the fourth option, the out door grower that cant grow outside any more because its 12/12. Why wouldn't he take a clone off one of his plants and try this during winter?

Well here in California if you get caught with a plant its usually just a fine, that is unless you have like 200. Ohh and theres the fact that my mom has a medical marijuana card so we can legally grow on our property, that is unless the feds come. And I actually have glaucoma and have been meaning to get my card. As for cutting corners, If you learn about a corner that you can cut, that will benefit you more than hurt you, like not leavening your light one 24/0 like people used to think was great. Or instead of getting a 600 or 1000 watt light you lst/scrog/sog under a 400 watt to maximize its light. Its to experiment in growing under a minimal amount of light trying to maximize what you get in the end.

To quote Mr. T- "Remember kids, Eat your drugs, dont do vegetables, feed your garbage, and take out your dog."

And now I pass the peace joint because theres no reason to make enemies :passitleft:

I simply stated no one will accept this "challenge" because it does not have mass appeal. Why grow with one measly CFL when you could do alot better with a just a little more? I'm not even talking about buying huge set-ups, just anything is better than one small wattage CFL. I said not to grow one plant because if it's male then you have to start all over agian. Damn me if I try to convince people to stay away from junking a months worth of work. Fact is most people are not fortunate enough to have access to female clones, especially the majority of the ones who may be initially attracted to your challenge.

You see, you are in a certain specific situation in which you need to get a plant from outdoors to indoors for not much money and still keep it alive. The problem comes when you, for some reason, encourage other people to start using the same totally bare bones approach. You are trying to re-veg an already established plant. Meaning, among other things that you are not trying to flower using this one light setup. Mostly, other people who participate will have no choice but to flower using only the one light you suggested and as such they will see very poor results. So is this challenge really fair, or a walking contradiction? I can move my plant outdoors to flower! Well what other rules in this challenge can I break, I think I'll use an 1000w HID light! Bet all those people who accept this challenge will marvel at you growing skill when you show them pics of your big bud filled bush and they have a little budless stick. Just be sure not to tell them that you used the Californian sun to flower it, while they used the one small CFL.

And while it may be fine and legal for you to grow, MOST other people are not that fortunate. They could face serious penalties including jail time and the seizure of property. So why risk that for one plant that you will get nothing off of or could be male? The risk alone is not worth it. Just for fun? Yeah when your legal I suppose. For the rest of us poor fools, a needless liability.

Also, unlike the person you are trying to make me out to be, I see no dollar signs when it comes to my harvest. My plants are for my personal consumption only and not for sale. I only wish to increase yeilds so that I can smoke more of what I worked so hard to obtain. If you like smoking less, then go for it.

I suspect the only thing that will be learned is that MJ needs approx 70 lpw (lumen per watt) minimum to grow from seed to flower, properly. I don't think you will learn more than that, the plant won't branch real well, so your not really getting to see a good cycle of the plant. And finally, I don't feel this thread belongs in General Cultivation. . .

Bagz :peace:

Your cheating if your useing a clone considering the fact it was grown under better conditions beforehand. Also I would just cheat show a picture of it growing by itself in the 5 gallon bucket and 1 light and then when I'm done takeing pictures I would just put it back in with the rest. You should find an experienced growers to actually do it show result so you can find out what happens. And with a vareitys of strains growing how do you know whats growing? I could say bagseed and its lowryder. Sorry just feel like pointing out flaws after not getting any sleep and fresh out of tree.

Your cheating if your useing a clone considering the fact it was grown under better conditions beforehand. Also I would just cheat show a picture of it growing by itself in the 5 gallon bucket and 1 light and then when I'm done takeing pictures I would just put it back in with the rest. You should find an experienced growers to actually do it show result so you can find out what happens. And with a vareitys of strains growing how do you know whats growing? I could say bagseed and its lowryder. Sorry just feel like pointing out flaws after not getting any sleep and fresh out of tree.

hmmm i guess using a clone might be cheating like you said.....Ill be getting some super skunk seeds soon so maybe il do it with those

If you would cheat thats your business, id rather do it the way said and see if it turns out better than others.

Back
Top Bottom