Grow configuration assistance

My setup is---
5x5 tent
1000 watt led (premium brand)
6 inch hurricane online fan
Phresh filter

Not sure the best way to configure the fan, filter, and ducting. Might I need a second fan? Please advise.

That fan will be plenty for a 5x5x? Room. Start with the carbon scrubber, run ducting from that to your light then from your light run ducting to the inline fan and then ducting to an exhaust hole from your fan.

You could always run one fan for your light with outside air and then one to exhaust and scrub the air in the tent but that seems unnecessary for the space your working with.

That fan will be plenty for a 5x5x? Room. Start with the carbon scrubber, run ducting from that to your light then from your light run ducting to the inline fan and then ducting to an exhaust hole from your fan.

You could always run one fan for your light with outside air and then one to exhaust and scrub the air in the tent but that seems unnecessary for the space your working with.

I'm don't think that's a light you'd run ducting to..... HPS yes but not an LED.

My setup is---
5x5 tent
1000 watt led (premium brand)
6 inch hurricane online fan
Phresh filter

Not sure the best way to configure the fan, filter, and ducting. Might I need a second fan? Please advise.

Look up plenty of grow room examples and you'll see the basics you need for a well balanced grow area. Exhaust fan sucking old air from the top. Clean air intake opening towards the bottom opposite side of exhaust fan(may or may not be forced in by intake fan, exhaust fan will pull air through if positioned correctly.) You have to adapt everything the best you can to the environment you have to work with. Watch many videos of other peoples rooms and then figure what will work best for you.

OD you are right, I looked right over the fact it's led. I was thinking my/hps.

Makes it even easier then.

I can't have passive intake holes near the bottom opposite of my fan so I made my intake holes wherever possible and used ducting to the opposite bottom corner and just have them open end down there. That also allowed the ducting to act as a light trap/block for my passive intake holes with little resistance.

This is how I run mine, filter, fan and duct to outside.
DSC_098612.JPG

An inline fan is an inline fan. If it happens to be taking air from inside the room and pushing or pulling it out of the room then it's an exhaust fan. By the same nature it is called an intake fan if it's forcing air from outside the room to the inside of the room. That's just nomenclature, your duct fan or inline fan acts as the exhaust for the room.

I see. So can I rely on passive intake down low and extract from the top through my single 6 in fan? My ClimAte Is tropical and my room is going to be hot. Bearing that in mind what do you think? Further question, once I pull the air out of the tent must I push outside? I'm going to be running ac on a timer to be determined. ILl have a window open for fresh air. Thanks for your consideration.

I see. So can I rely on passive intake down low and extract from the top through my single 6 in fan? My ClimAte Is tropical and my room is going to be hot. Bearing that in mind what do you think? Further question, once I pull the air out of the tent must I push outside? I'm going to be running ac on a timer to be determined. ILl have a window open for fresh air. Thanks for your consideration.

Sounds like you have the right idea. As for your last question if you have a fresh air supply into the room (an open window, good airflow through your house or where ever in general) or and alternate source of CO2 you will be fine.

Getting it. As mentioned if you have a window open or central air running or some spice of fresh air into the room you can just vent the scrubbed air onto the room the tent is in if the room is substantially larger than the tent. Like u wouldn't want a tent in a tiny room or closet to be venting back into the room and reusing stale air. A large room would get there eventually if was a sealed room but it has more cushion. Mine is set up that way

Back
Top Bottom