Grow in big cellar

nobodyeu

Hello,

i have opinion to use old cellar to grow room. Its a perfect place to grow. Here is water, 240V (here its 25A, but i can remake distribution) and tunel to out space (it can be used for ventilation).

dimesnsion of this room its +- 6*5m or 5*5m (i will be know exact dimmensions soon).

This room dont have any heating, so i want use fun controler with hysteresis to temp, humidity and power of funs.

i think it will be based on drip system (probably atami wilma 8, 9 or 16).

i read, that 1kw HPS can effective use on 1,8-2*1,8-2m. I dont want use all room to growing, i thinking to get here 2-3x of 1000w HPS.

How much CFM fun i need here? i want to sending hot air out of room to outespace and also aspirete fresh air to grow room.

What about heating? need have here some heating, or 2-3kws of hps can heat this room to 23-25C? Here its maybe 12-15C, but door to outspace is closed and here is not airflow.

Welcome to :420: Hard to read, but I will try take a stab at it........

Hello,

i have opinion to use old cellar to grow room. Its a perfect place to grow. Here is water, 240V (here its 25A, but i can remake distribution) and tunel to out space (it can be used for ventilation).
**Good start**

dimesnsion of this room its +- 6*5m or 5*5m (i will be know exact dimmensions soon).
**That is a huge room, could be separated by 1 or 2 false walls to have it's own veg/flower/baby rooms all separate or just one room to start/grow-veg/and flower start to finish**

This room dont have any heating, so i want use fun controler with hysteresis to temp, humidity and power of funs.
**most likely heating will be needed with lights off if using HID lighting. If CFLs, then yes you will need some heat I expect. Humidity etc will have to be dealt with as it arises **

i think it will be based on drip system (probably atami wilma 8, 9 or 16).
**I don't know anything about Hydro or DWC...I'm a soil guy, but yes a drip system can be used if set up properly**

i read, that 1kw HPS can effective use on 1,8-2*1,8-2m. I dont want use all room to growing, i thinking to get here 2-3x of 1000w HPS.
**My room was 10' x 10' with 8' ceiling and with 2x 600w MH or HPS would cook my room and handle 8 - 5' trees as needed with 3-8oz per strain. My room is now 7x7 for HPS and flower only and I made a veg area out of the other new made small space, so yes 1K can work no doubt but lots get by with 600 and 400 set up all the time***

How much CFM fun i need here? i want to sending hot air out of room to outespace and also aspirete fresh air to grow room.
**7' x 7' = 49 x 8' = 392 square ft...so you need a exit fan that will clear the area in less than 5 mins. I am using a 575cfm fan to do so. do the math and get the fan needed for the CFM's in that space**

What about heating? need have here some heating, or 2-3kws of hps can heat this room to 23-25C? Here its maybe 12-15C, but door to outspace is closed and here is not airflow.
**Set it up, run it and get a temp gauge measuring heat day and night temps and a humidity gauge...some have to supplement heat...I do right now as when lights are off my temps drop below 60 without added heater etc**

I know this is vague, but trying to understand what exactly you're needs are. :welcome:

sorry for my english, our native speak is very different, so i have little problems.

i thinking about buy a 400x200x200cm grow tent (or bigger, i must go do exact measure of this space). box like this: https://i.ebayimg.com/t/Premium-Gro...LT/$T2eC16V,!ygE9s7HI7iHBRg9LTG1Rw~~60_12.JPG

what you think about this reflecor? this reflector spin around and light rotate
TopSpin reflectors

xl version can provide light for 1,8-2*1,8*2m, so i want use 2 HPS with 1000w power on dimmable ballast, which can overload power to 1100 W.

so if i want have 4*2*2m = 16 m3, i need only 192 m3/hod fun? it look to low in my opinion. Friend running 120*80*180cm box (1,728 m3) and have +- 550 m3/hod fun and sometimes have problem with temp, but he had box in tempered flat.

in box which i planing buy its 4 holes for ducting (30,5cm ducting - 12 inches). do you thing, its better get here 2 outline funs, or only one to center?

how much plants you had in 10' x 10' room (its +- 3*3m)? and how big pots you use? can you get me link for your grow? can you also write avarege yields per plant?

Hi nobodyeu,

You sound like you kinda have an idea already and a buddy to compare a similar set up to, on hands advice is a great place to start.

There are tons of tent grows here sharing most of the info you are looking for, please take some time to look at other growers and info here, there is tons for the reading.

I have no experience with that kind of reflector and cannot recommend how to build your area, but hope you find better info here at :420:

I am no expert and would not take my advice as the only thing to do.

There is a link to my current grow in flower at the bottom of my signature.

I use 3 gallon pots and usually let em grow 3-5 feet as I have no height restrictions and average 3-6 oz per plant growing up to 8 at a time, but recently downsized to 5.

Do some more research and I hope you get up and running soon. :Namaste:

Hello,

i make a price calculation and buy equipment for 4x2x2 is much expensive, so i decide to build 2x2x2m room and maybe later i expand to two this tent.

so i prepare to buy grow tent with 2x2x2m, this is 8m3 with 4m2. Its good to use only one 1kw HPS in middle of tent? I want buy rotating light shield, which have effective lights on 1,8*1,8m with HPS and 2*2m with MH bulb.

i looking to this fun: 8" TT In Line Hydroponic Grow Room Fan + Temperature & Speed Control - 1040 m3/h

What do you think? its better use more powerfull fun and run it on lower power (it can by regulate fro, 30-100% power), or buy less powefull fun (6 inch fun have only 552 m3/hod - i had this in my 1,2*1,2*2m box with 600w hps in room without heating and it run on minimal power. so maybe this fan can be used on much bigger space with 1kw bulb and get him +-50% from power (if temp rise up to selected temp, fun start working on 100%)).

In next reply i try to send here some photos from my 1,2-1,2m box. i had here wilma 16 system with some Big buds, Brainstorm, NL and 9 pieces of OG18*Skunk. Its on 22 day on 12/12, all are on biobiz cocos medium, feeding them with Jungle in da box (its fertilizer, root stimulator, grow stimulator and bud stimulator all in one). In begin of 5 week i add bud stimulator from plagron - Green sensation.

btw i see on wilma drip system, that some capilars dont squirit water from both side, but only with one. problem is not in distribution hose (i try to change capilar, which working ok with capilar, which squirit only from one side and the results is the same) and i think problem is not in pressure. do somebody also problem with capilars from wilma system?

btw do you have some idea, how to create own drip system? i dont have money to buy wilma system for 4m2...

some photos

Hello,

i get here some pictures from my 120x120x200cm grow tent. I had little problem with heater - hot air make some demage on top of one plant - problem was solved.

Plants on pics are +- 30 days on flowering cycle. I fertilizer all of plants be Jungle in tha box (this is relative new fertilizer, i think you dont know. it contain all in 3 bottles. here is root, grow and bloom boster).

All plants get shower one time per week with Plagron Phytamin and Plagron Cropmax in veg phase. In flower faze i use Jungle in da box + Plagron Green sensation (first time i get 0,5ml to 1l of water, next week i giving table quantity - 1ml of GS per 1l ow water).

Can somebody help me with select HPS for 2x2x2m tent? i think one 1000w hps is maybe too less...

Back
Top Bottom