Grow Journal 2016 - First Timer Going Big Or Going Home!

Scarpydooooo

Hello everyone! This is my first time growing and am currently in the process of building my room.Here is the details of the room.

Size - 20x20x17
Grow area space - 17x19
Intake fans - one 16" pulling air from 2 12" ducting.
Outage fans - 2x 12" fans pulling through 2 40" charcoal filters.
Lights - 9 x Gavita 1000DE lights
Trays - 7 x 4x8 trays and 1 x 4x4 tray.
Pots - 12x12 square pots
Medium - N/A
Strain - N/A
Food - N/A

Going to run plants horizontally in trellis until there is no space left? Seems like a logical thing to do for yield purposes.

This is the basics thus far, Im hoping to achieve 2 ounces per plant. From what people have said and from math, i will be a little under lit, Im hoping this is going to be okay since i'm using gavita's and they are very high above the canopy....?
I will be posting pics and reading ever single thing anyone and everyone sends me, Im going to need it. I'm willing to do the work and willing to learn.

Thanks again and i hope this whole room works out!! :Namaste:

Man o man you ain't kidding about Go Big or Go Home:thumb: You ll be able to do laps in that room around your plants!Speaking of plants what cha got in mind for strains and how many are ya gonna grow? This horizontal trellis must be like a SCROG set up ehh? That's what I did fist grow and to be honest it probably saved my ass in the long run for getting any kind of decent results. If ya need any help or have questions just say the word, this place if full of amazing people and epic growers!:420:

thanks for response and yes this is going to be exciting, well for me at least. If i fill all trays its 240 plants in 12x12 pots. I have no idea what strains are good or bad or where to get them except this place called harbored in Oakland Ca. I guess from what i read it would be a SCROG set up. but with much bigger pots.

thanks for response and yes this is going to be exciting, well for me at least. If i fill all trays its 240 plants in 12x12 pots. I have no idea what strains are good or bad or where to get them except this place called harbored in Oakland Ca. I guess from what i read it would be a SCROG set up. but with much bigger pots.

240!!!! good god that is gonna be a ton of work, your room will smell amazing though

Sounds to me like you got a SOG going instead of a Scrog..... If you were too scrog 240 plants you d be a very busy man! Or am I missing something? I use 7 gal geo pots which are a little bigger then what your gonna run just because I m shooting for 3' by 3' or 4'by4' plants. Now on my first grow I filled a 4 by 6 foot area with 2 plants doing absolutly everything you could think of wrong.... From using 2 gal pots that didn't drain to not adjusting ph (which was 7.5!-8!) and just used mirical grow for nutes! Still pulled 4 oz per plant, lmao! Check out my grow if you want to see what NOT to do.... The first one anyway! As for seeds or clones, check your local directory for a dispensary or just grab some from one of our awesome sponsors here at:420: Last guy I chatted with paid $20 a clone!! Which sounds ridiculous too me and then they hermied on him!! They also say the stronger the thc lvl s are the harder the plants are to grow.... Like a degree or two diff will cause em to hermi! Lots to consider man, we ll get cha on the right track though buddy:thumb::high-five:

Holy 20 dollars a clone! They are ten here from a place called harbor side. Im hoping I meet someone in my city with a lot of experience and already has a successful strain! hoping to pay 10 bucks each!
Yeas journal is going to funny and frustrating I'm sure.

Im hoping to have a head every inch!! Going to be a thick jungle, hopefully its nice looking!

Today ill be hanging lights and i need to decide on a medium! I don't have time to read about everything. So far i could spend a week on one subject! I need to design nets, I want to be able to walk around trays still though. ??

This is gonna be interesting. Seems you have the space at least for so many plants, as long as you don't veg em too long. Watering is gonna be hard graft though unless you've got some automated idea in mind.

:welcome:

yeah its going to be a lot of work from the sounds of it. I was thinking of just putting a ton of water in the trays and have the plants absorb it. The pots i have, have like 12 holes on the bottom 4 inches. Is this a bad idea?

My theory on this whole thing is to have twice as many plants to off set the amount of light I'm using for the space.

Pvc might be your easiest option for making the frame work. I recently drew up designs for a moveable platform on wheels under each plant, then build the frame work for the scrog off it. But for what your doing this might be more feasible...

image365.png

Maybe just preparing for the apocalypse :lot-o-toke:

Vlad:bongrip:

Haha are you or anyone else launching nukes anytime soon mr putin? at least give your 420 mates a heads-up. I mean should we all be growing hundreds of plants as well to get us through this apocalypse you mention...there's no way i'll survive without my precious MJ, none of us will damn it!! :rofl::rofl:

Not a good idea to let your pots sit in water/runoff. A guy should really water from the top down to flush soil of excess nutes and any build up when watering. It s good to make sure the food is distributed evenly from the top when feeding.
Are you going with an organic or synthetic nutrient line? Whatever you choose make sure your soil is compatible. Guys will use a medium with no nutrients in it as to have control of what your plants receive for nutrients.... It's easy to burn up your plants if you go to aggressively with nutes. Synthetics will work against organic s by sterilizing the soil in a way so make sure you pick one and know! Most lines have a feeding schedule to follow as not to over do it, they can be found on the web sites.

Back
Top Bottom