Grow journal best methods

MikkaTheEnt

Hi folks. I've been growing for only about a year and a half now. I've tried different apps I've found for my Android phone to keep track of my grows, but always found them more complicated than they need to be. So I made an Excel (or LibreOffice if you like) multipage spreadsheet to handle what I want to keep track of. I thought if anyone else might find it useful, I'd post a blank one to Google Drive.

It's not perfect and I keep fine tuning it as I go along from grow to grow, but it's infinitely expandable (I just add more detail sheets and link cells to the first overview page). I keep track of nutes, things I see and want to keep track of, on each detail page on each recorded day, as you can see by the two screenshots below.

Overview sheet:

One of the Detail sheets:

I hear you, Jackalope. I had to make and use spreadsheets throughout my career in IT, and though I'm retired now, I find them still pretty useful for a few things. I may end up moving the spreadsheet into a real database though. I want to get this current crop finished off first, though.

Now that I have cussed Excel for good measure. I will check into what you put together. I know enough about Excel to know what not to f*%k with. I could really use it with what I got going on. I still have excel with this computer so I might try it. Just so know if I do you will be getting messages LMAO

I just use MS Word. I can write journal entries, keep track of nutrient mixes, put in pictures with comments and use it to cut and paste into 420 magazine journal 1 day a week. My memory is pretty gone so I rely on it from grow to grow to prompt me when things are coming up. And pictures are worth a thousand words.

I keep a general journal and a journal on each plant I cut and paste into.

ES

Back
Top Bottom