Grow light query

bmer911

Looking for info on led grow lights. Just looking to grow 2 plants at a time so a small grow. Will be using super soil. Just need to know what is the best size and wattage to use. Grow tent won't be any larger than 3x3x6. So basically which brand is what I should really be looking at for a good grow. I have read so many reviews that I have paralysis by analysis. All opinions and input from real users are greatly appreciated.
Bmer911
All opinions are

The sponsors here is a good place to start

Budget also
Location can also be an issue, USA or elsewhere effects shipping

More light the better, but most off brands are misleading in there claims

I have 2 GROWant gr240, great lights and are sponsors. I did two under one start to finish but opted on another for the next grow. $115 each they are a great light. Two would be great in a 3x3 area for sure

If you are mechanically inclines, you could build a light.

or a QB light, pretty much plug and play, but expensive side.

just stay away from the bay/zone blurples

check out the grow lighting section in this forum

If you are mechanically inclines, you could build a light.

or a QB light, pretty much plug and play, but expensive side.

just stay away from the bay/zone blurples

check out the grow lighting section in this forum
Not mechanically inclined. Just want to get a led grow light that fits my needs and is reliable. Live in Canada and would prefer to buy here. Way less hassle than cross border shopping not to mention duties and exchange rate. If someone could give me a choice between three led systems I would be set. Cheers!

Bmer911

Not sure what's available in kanukistan
Not sure if GROWant ships there

Mars is always a good option, viperspectra isn't bad either, I have a 300, was my 1st LED light

I'd start with Mars Hydro, I'm sure they are available

Find some you can get and post them here

Not sure what's available in kanukistan
Not sure if GROWant ships there

Mars is always a good option, viperspectra isn't bad either, I have a 300, was my 1st LED light

I'd start with Mars Hydro, I'm sure they are available

Find some you can get and post them here
Viparspectra is available. Was researching the viparspectra 600w and a 3x2x5 fusion hut grow tent. Is the light big enough for tent that size. Never grown inside. Hoping for better yields as our weather is not sunny enough and way to wet.

Reflector series??? That's a decent light

As for tent, with one light I'd go with a square configuration, and always as tall as u can. 5' is too low, 6' is much better
When u take 2' of light distance, 1' pot, that's 3' if yer grow space and no plant yet

Reflector series??? That's a decent light

As for tent, with one light I'd go with a square configuration, and always as tall as u can. 5' is too low, 6' is much better
When u take 2' of light distance, 1' pot, that's 3' if yer grow space and no plant yet
A 3x2x6 tent would be good for that light
Thanks for advice on tent. Will definitely go with higher and squarer. Ya the light is selling for 240 cdn.

man, dont waste your money on mars and Vipar,

Look into HLG in Canada. GrandMasterLevel is a sellers for these lights in canada, and they are freakin awesome,

expensive, smh..

If you can cut some metal with a saw, and measure things, DIY is the way to go bro, Simple electiric hook-ups.

What is your budget?

if your going to go with a 3x3, which if you got the room, is the way to go. the 2x2 is to small, mainly because of Humidity and heat issues.

tell me what you have to spend bro.

What is your budget?

if your going to go with a 3x3, which if you got the room, is the way to go. the 2x2 is to small, mainly because of Humidity and heat issues.

tell me what you have to spend bro.
Ya I have settled on the 3x3. Didn't know about QB boards. Now I have to research them. From first glance they seem like the way to go. As for budget I would like to get in under 5 Benjamin's. What would I need for a 3x3 grow?

QB's are all I run Now, they are FANTASTIC

I DIYd mine, real easy, But maybe not for anyone

if you can get, say a Dual QB288 system, that would be perfect for a 3x3 Tent

Yeap, i agree with Chris.

are pricey, but if you have all your stuff dialed in correctly, they rock. I dont have them, I use Cobs myself. Was going to go QBs but they were out of stock at the time.

Really, you want 40-60Watts per sq ft if your not scrogging.

35watts if you are scrogg.

I like to scrogg, but your venting and air flow needs to be on mark. now i 12/12 from seed, top once, and let ride to the lights.

Im running, oh around 30w/sf in Mine.. But I dont usualy have the Girls clear to the edge of my 4x4, cept for the TALL Lanky Sativa Wenches who wont obey...lol

lol, i hear ya,.. I have 1 like 4 inches from my light, or i have to lean her over, but takes up twice the room then,

but, i learned my lights dont burn to tops, so i can get them pretty darn close, so if i even scrogg again, i know that much of them.

they dont run no more then 1400ma, unfortunity. Im going to up my driver here pretty soon.

Back
Top Bottom