Grow light

I have a 80x 80x 180 grow tent and i am thinking about but a 400w grow lights think the heat will be ok

Hi @Mrmorrison , welcome to the community!

That's a 80cm x 80cm x 180cm or 2.5' x 2.5' x 6' grow tent.

You should be able to use one of the cheaper LED lights on amazon- but be careful!

You need to know how many watts it pulls from the wall - that 400W might be advertising.

Yes, the light will heat up your tent - and you need to be careful the temperature does not go too far over 25°C (77°F ) - and that your light is not too close to the plant.

Most people use LEDs now.

You also need a light with a full-spectrum.

With the heat you need some good fans and an exhaust fan.

If you are doing a stealth grow, let us know - we can help you out a lot with that ;)

We have sponsors here to help you choose and to give you a discount.

I know @SmokeSara and @Budget LED will work with you personally - they are great!

Remember - the light is the most critical piece of equipment in your tent - it will give you big dense buds and lots of THC/CBD!!!

The light can also be quite complex; so, please do your homework - and ask lots of questions :)

Hi @Mrmorrison , welcome to the community!

That's a 80cm x 80cm x 180cm or 2.5' x 2.5' x 6' grow tent.

You should be able to use one of the cheaper LED lights on amazon- but be careful!

You need to know how many watts it pulls from the wall - that 400W might be advertising.

Yes, the light will heat up your tent - and you need to be careful the temperature does not go too far over 25°C (77°F ) - and that your light is not too close to the plant.

Most people use LEDs now.

You also need a light with a full-spectrum.

With the heat you need some good fans and an exhaust fan.

If you are doing a stealth grow, let us know - we can help you out a lot with that ;)

We have sponsors here to help you choose and to give you a discount.

I know @SmokeSara and @Budget LED will work with you personally - they are great!

Remember - the light is the most critical piece of equipment in your tent - it will give you big dense buds and lots of THC/CBD!!!

The light can also be quite complex; so, please do your homework - and ask lots of questions :)
Thanks for the help and I have seen some leds but I thought the 250w watt HPS Grow Light maybe be better for 4 plants but qont do you think

Ideally you would want a 400w hps in that tent for 4 plants.
With the heat from an hps you would need it to be a fair distance from the plants which would restrict your growing height. Also you will need very good ventilation to keep temperatures down especially in summer time.
I would say the best thing for smaller spaces would be to spend a bit more to start with and get a good quantum board led.
You would maximize your tent height, not have to battle high temps and save electricity in the long run.

Ideally you would want a 400w hps in that tent for 4 plants.
With the heat from an hps you would need it to be a fair distance from the plants which would restrict your growing height. Also you will need very good ventilation to keep temperatures down especially in summer time.
I would say the best thing for smaller spaces would be to spend a bit more to start with and get a good quantum board led.
You would maximize your tent height, not have to battle high temps and save electricity in the long run.
Good to no thanks do you no any good Budget LED out there and how many plans do you think I could get if a budget led

Good to no thanks do you no any good Budget LED out there and how many plans do you think I could get if a budget led
I know a lot of people on here really rate budget led quantum boards, they are a site sponsor.
If you do a search you will see the results people are getting with them.
It may be a bigger initial outlay over hps but long term you wouldn't regret it.

Something like this would be ideal for your space and would give a perfect coverage for flowering.
Screenshot_20200115_110744_com.android.chrome.jpg

I was looking at the one but it too expensive what do you think about TSW 2000
I've read good things about the tsw2000.
I think it would also be a great light for your tent.
If it fits your budget it would be a good choice.

I was looking at the one but it too expensive what do you think about TSW 2000

Thanks for considering us. I understand the initial investment is more but you are also getting better components (higher efficiency, diodes, etc.). Please let us know if you have any particular questions we can answer.

Back
Top Bottom