Grow lights

Misterantony

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

i have a question about grow lights, i currently been growing a bit of both indoors and outdoors, indoor veg with a clf and out in the sun for flower. Hopfully ill be moving to a nicer place but won't be able to do as much outdoors so I'm thinking to start indoors for both. but i want cheap low cost lights, what I'm thinking is two tents one for veg one for flower. clf for veg and led for flower ? any opinions on this? also if you have any advise on how you do yours or recommendations on what led is good to use i would be grateful for your input have a great new year growing :)

Ye its easy done :high-five:

I use to grow on a perpetual style only really works with one strain or strains with a very close total flowering time !

Once set up & mainly done with clones whilst one set of plants was cloned/rooted & vegged i would have another in flower rince 'n' repeat (no mother plant was used as clones where taken from vegged plants before being put into flower) i use to end up with a harvest being cropped every 2 months...

I don't do that any more as it produced to much for my own needs, preferring to grow twice per year from seed at present.

But ye i use a single giant cfl 125w, 6500k for my veg in a 60 cm by 60cm grow tent for 4 plants & when put into flowering under a 400w dual spectrum hps in a 90cm by 90 cm grow tent... works pretty well for short growing strains but have had minor issues with medium growing strains due to stretch if plants where grown from seed & length of of veg time, clones don't stretch as much !

ive grown with both cfls and hid from seed to harvest, not tried led's yet, but i found with cfls their ideal for veg as node spacing is very tight, but all depends on how many plants you want to grow as i was using around 400actual watts with cfls so i decided to flip over to hid lights.

cfls work and you can produce some very nice bud, i pulled between an oz and 2oz dry per plant but you need longer time in veg to achieve these kind of results,

what i use now is a dual spectum hps and that does me for both veg and flower but it means you can only run it in one grow room, so i do still use cfls to start my seeds and clones under then after a couple of weeks of cfls i put them under the hps for a couple of weeks then flip to 12-12,

led's are the future im pretty sure of that, but theirs so many different types its hard to know which is the best to go with, but check some journals on here and im sure you will come across plenty who use led's and they can offer you better advice.

my grow space is 3.5ft by 3.5ft and floor to ceiling high, i was using 400 actual watts of 23 and 30watt cfls and my 400 watt dual spectrum hps is just about big enough for that size of grow space, i could possibly of went with 600 watts but then temps might be an issue, i will be running led's at some point in the near future and ill do a side by side grow with the hid and led so i can then decide what works best before i set up 3 rooms with leds and find out i wasted a load of cash,

thanks for your replies very handy to know, thing is were i live its quite hot any way more so in the summer, for example i have my clf on now and its 29 with just the light, and with the fan on its 26 and now its the ¨winter¨so the sound of led is sounding promising due to the heat. i guess i just need more info on led and whats etc...

im sure led's are the way to go and i suffer with temps in the middle of summer, but led's are expensive so id need to do some side by side testing before i jump in and set up 2 or 3 rooms with leds,

The current LED light sponsors for 420Magazine are Advanced LED Grow Lights, Budmaster II Extreme LED Lights, Dorm Grow LED Lights, Genesis 129 LED Grow Lights, Green Sun LED Lights, Lush LED Lighting and Top LED Grow Light. If you look thru present and past grow journals you can see there are some LED lights from the forum sponsors that do produce good results.

Journals in Progress

Completed Journals

Advanced LED Grow Lights

LED Grow Lights from Budmaster II, Developed and Tested in the UK

Hydroponic LED Grow Light | LED Growlights | Dorm Grow

Professional production of LED Grow Light_aquarium light?

Please Log In

Hydro LED Light | Lush Lighting | 888-960-4LED

Home page

you need to consider how much you want to spend,
hid lighting is cheaper than leds but in my own oppinion led's will be the future of growing, ive not used led's myself as id need to buy several leds to cover 3 grow rooms so at some point ill run a side by side with my 400watt hps and an equivalent led, then i can decide which to use.

Back
Top Bottom