Grow Number 2 Malawi Gold

Day 19. Training on some branches starts today!
1ECD7B62-C57E-4F4B-87A7-301853CBE369.jpeg
8ABFD912-F161-42BD-A493-BA3897D3589D.jpeg

Day 21. I wanted to flip the lights today. She still seems like she needs more time. Any thoughts? I just get nervous as we all know this is a pure sativa.
9853BAA1-0DB0-44D8-9B5A-0B2DA90F20FD.jpeg
A2676A64-E78B-45EE-8B7F-15D51B0F8C45.jpeg
Might consider dflipping it to flower either 12/12 or 13 dark-11light. sorry did you veg at 12/12 or 18/6 ? Nice looking plants gettting ready to run Malaiw // Panama x Malaiw and Panama keep post comming !! don't thing I wiil top - feel thay are going to grow "crazy" anyway ( need to get Malawi seeds)

These seeds were bought directly from a dispensary in Colorado. The Green Solution is its name. You can find the seeds on their website. Not sure if they’ll ship.

Might consider dflipping it to flower either 12/12 or 13 dark-11light. sorry did you veg at 12/12 or 18/6 ? Nice looking plants gettting ready to run Malaiw // Panama x Malaiw and Panama keep post comming !! don't thing I wiil top - feel thay are going to grow "crazy" anyway ( need to get Malawi seeds)
So. The first Malawi ran 18/6. I switched to 12/12 and she seemed slow to respond. I moved her to 11/13 and she started to move a bit more. I also waited until about day 31 of veg before flipping. But she also almost blew the lid off of my tent hahaha. Luckily LST was applied early in the grow as is the same with this one.

were is company -can't seem to find them - been looking for an ace strain but can't find it anywere here in the US (malawi is the strain) looking at Sensible Seeds but they are in the UK
7A7D9EE8-5FC2-40F2-A463-5B3100335013.jpeg

Great grow journal here are a few questions:
your light cycle for veg ? then how long in veg ? what is going to be your light cycle for flower. Planning to run some 100% sativa's next month considering running 12/12 for veg (2 weeks) then flower at 13off/11on but wasn't going to top - but after seeing your topped plant might top - Thanks for your info' A great plant for day22 -- - looks like you are gong to grow a giant !!! waiting fopr next report

your light cycle for veg ? then how long in veg ? what is going to be your light cycle for flower. Planning to run some 100% sativa's next month considering running 12/12 for veg (2 weeks) then flower at 13off/11on but wasn't going to top - but after seeing your topped plant might top - Thanks for your info' A great plant for day22 -- - looks like you are gong to grow a giant !!! waiting fopr next report
Current grow is day 22. I will probably do the flip for sure this upcoming weekend. Veg has 18/6. Probably Friday I will flip to 12/12 and see how she reacts. If it looks slow I’ll move to 11/13 for flower. The last Malawi was very slow to show sex on 12/12 light so it’s why I switched to 11/13.
Both plants have handled the topping without issue. LST will be extra key.
Thank you for the kind compliments on the plant my friend :).

I would just consider topping a Sativa as purely height control hahahah

sounds like it's slow in veg at 12/12 vs 18/6 ? maybe runnig 18/6 veg and then 13/11 will be mylight cycle for next run - you are right - topping can reduce height a bit and then LST _ will take your advice and experience - would not have topped myself but then thinkingaboutnit ,they could grow really "wild" going to run 3 5 gallons in a 3ft by 2.3FFT space - at present have 2 -5 gallons and 3 - 3 gallon - yea! space a bit small - But with 1 week left before harvest with defoilation thru grow will have a massive yields + used sidelighting which helps keep plants at a managable height but have many lateral branching with average size buds (No popcorn buds !!) will be chimming in thru your grow

Day 23. Any day now I could make the flip.
She is doing very well. Her main branches are getting very thick already. The tap root is already eating away at the net cup.

EA2B12C4-F4FA-424C-A196-9D3E4F9D5EC2.jpeg
467750C0-95D7-4BB3-91E5-2BE622A94EB0.jpeg

sounds like it's slow in veg at 12/12 vs 18/6 ? maybe runnig 18/6 veg and then 13/11 will be mylight cycle for next run - you are right - topping can reduce height a bit and then LST _ will take your advice and experience - would not have topped myself but then thinkingaboutnit ,they could grow really "wild" going to run 3 5 gallons in a 3ft by 2.3FFT space - at present have 2 -5 gallons and 3 - 3 gallon - yea! space a bit small - But with 1 week left before harvest with defoilation thru grow will have a massive yields + used sidelighting which helps keep plants at a managable height but have many lateral branching with average size buds (No popcorn buds !!) will be chimming in thru your grow
You’re growing Sativas in a 2’ 3” space? I can’t wait to see that hahaha

Back
Top Bottom