Grow or Bloom nutes?

Chippers

My girl is about a month old and is still growing vertically she's a NL Auto. My question is when should I change to bloom nutes? I've heard to wait until vertical growth has stopped, is this correct?

My girl is about a month old and is still growing vertically she's a NL Auto. My question is when should I change to bloom nutes? I've heard to wait until vertical growth has stopped, is this correct?

Is your plant showing preflowers yet? If you look closely, I would guess that she is. (My autos preflower at 3 weeks from seed). At that point she's starting to bloom--"early bloom" on General Hydroponics' schedules) and you can switch to bloom nutes. (At that point you will also probably also see a rapid increase in growth--the "stretch.")

Are you using a commercial, cannabis-grade fertilizer? They all have nute schedules that you can follow pretty closely during a grow (seedling, veg, early bloom, etc.). My one caution is that recommended amounts can be high in those schedules. (Some say to encourage the sale of yet more fertilizer.)

I'm using Advanced Nutrients Sensi, Voodoo and B52, I can't see any hairs yet.

That's a high-quality nute cocktail! As long as you're giving it in the right ratio and quantities, there's no problem there. :thumb:

Just to be sure, here is a photo of some preflowers on an auto that's 24 days from seed;
2017-04-13_Day_24_0900_PreflowersNodes3_4.JPG

Preflowers at nodes three and four

And if you will answer the relevant questions below, that might help:

What Strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
How Many Plants?
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
Is it Air Cooled?
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Any Pests?
How Often are you Watering?
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
Size or Square Footage of Room?

Yeah I don't think she's got this yet, she's in 3.5gallon pot don't know if that makes a difference? I started on 1mil per litre of sensi and half a mil per litre for the other two. She's now on 1.5mil per litre for both so I'm working her up as I know autos are sensitive. She's thriving on that, the only thing is very slight leaf tip curl on the middle section of two leaves, but apart from that she's doing really well. I'm not sure what its due too and its only very slight.

Hi, sorry its taken a while to get back to you...yes she's got the preflowers. Should I change to bloom now? Growth has slowed down and she stands at 8in tall. Will she still grow some more or will this be it if I change the nutes? Sorry for the daft questions, but I'm a noob.

If she's starting to bloom, her growth rate should increase--the "stretch" at bloom.

I'd suggest using AN's sensi nute sked, but at 1/2 strength unless/until you know she can take more.

Back
Top Bottom