Grow Plans for this Year

Goste

Hey gang!

So with 4/20 rapidly approaching, a day that will signal both the start of a growing season for me, as well as finally the end of my graduate school (hopefully), I'm starting to make plans to green things up a little bit.

The plot I have available is outdoors, it is a patio type area, without giving too much away it receives amazing sunlight and is very private. I will need to grow in pots out there. My plan is to grow only 2 plants for personal use (needed wifeys approval..compromised), so I will be going with feminized seeds since I won't have the luxury of picking and choosing. I think I will start with about 10 plants or so, then keep the best 2 seedlings and donate the remainder to some friends or something.

I have grown outdoors before, and being in Southern Ontario learned a valuable lesson about both the needs for concealment (got crop-hopped), as well as cold autumns (had to pick early). I think I have my concealment taken care of, but I still need an earlyish flowering plant.... at the same time though my heart tells me to try a sativa again. So I think I will probably start 5 heavy indica (was looking at blue cheese strain), and 5 heavy sativa (?), then pick the best seedlings out of each group of 5.

Has anybody from South Ontario (or further north) had great success with a good sativa that you could suggest? I am planning to just grab whatever sativa has a shorter flowering time, but looking for personal experiences to help that choice.

Should mention - I plan on starting these OUTSIDE. Yes that's right. If it looks like it's gonna get cold or crazy windy I'll take them in. But from experience I think it's essential to sort out which plants have the best 'outdoor' genetics right from the start, not to mention strengthening them to the harshness of mother nature. Only the strongest will survive, and I only need a 20% survival rate.

Comments, concerns, questions?

:high-five:

hey man im from southern ontario too! I plan on growing outdoors for my first time using female clones, I suspect it will be challenging but I think im ready for the challenge. bump

Thanks! What are you growing?

I was planning on picking up Blue Cheese from Barney's but I've been reading some bad reviews about that company, so looking elsewhere. I'm now thinking some feminized durban poison (dutch passion).

Anyway, I think i'll get these sprouted maybe early next week. Wanted to start sooner, but winter just seems to be stickin around.

Big investment for what could be little return. By the time I got my White Widow FEM.s I was at almost 25$ a bean. Maybe if you lived toward Windsor or on Point Pelee. I would start them now cause you never know.....

Back
Top Bottom