Grow room advice!

Jaymania

Hi, I am a beginner grower and i'm looking for some advice regarding the temp and humidity control of my grow area. I am planning to build a grow room/room within a room, 15 feet long/6 feet wide/9 feet high. I am planning to put 2x600 watt HID lights with reflectors inside but i am unsure as to how big my exhaust vent needs to be to sustain the right temp and humidity. Would a 125mm fan and duct be sufficient to cool the temp of the HID? and is my grow room high enough to prevent burning of the plants? As i said i am a newbie so any advice would be appreciated. Tnx

The best way to figure out if your fan is big enough is to figure out how cubic feet (or meters for non USA peeps lol) and the do the math to figure out if the fan can change out the air every 10 min. Here should be a CFM(cubic feet per minute) or CMM(cubic meter per minute) on the fan some where. Hope this helps man!!

Thanks man that makes perfect sense lol......My only other concern would be burning my plants, I've heard that HID lights are meant to be 4-5 feet above the top of the plants but i expect this to vary depending on wattage?? My grow room will be 9 feet high so could my plants be vulnerable to burning towards the end of there grow cycle?? Thanks again for any advice :)

Well I don't personally use HID lights. But a good way to see if your lights are to close are to use the back of your hand and stick it between the plant and light. If you can hold it there for a min and not be hot then you are not to close for heat issues. I do know that you can bleach your plants if your lights are to close. I think I read that 12-18 inches is the money spot for HID. If I'm wrong someone will chime in and correct me. Best thing to do though is just watch your plants and look at what they say. They will tell you if it's to hot or to much light. And I think your 9 foot ceiling will be plenty tall. You will be able to get some nice tall plants in there.

When you go to set up your lights you can hang them directly from the ceiling and put your plants on boxes or a table to raise them to the light. Then as they grow you can lower your plant instead of messing with your lights. Just a thought!!
Hope this all helped.
Keep it green man!!

Thanks again for your advice!...i'm sure i will post pictures up when its built and let you know how i get on :D Peace out man from the green Isle! :)

Back
Top Bottom