Grow room build round three: Full environment control and no compromises

Too bad about the seeds. The FOF looks pretty potent too. Do you always store your freshly dried flower in zip lock bags?

I used to use the metal c vaults but they got thrown away when I stopped growing a couple years ago. The bulk bags are in a cold and humid room so hopefully it keeps ok in them. I will be keeping an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t get all dried out until I figure out what I wanna get for long term storage again.

:passitleft:

I used to use the metal c vaults but they got thrown away when I stopped growing a couple years ago. The bulk bags are in a cold and humid room so hopefully it keeps ok in them. I will be keeping an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t get all dried out until I figure out what I wanna get for long term storage again.

:passitleft:
Get yourself some 5 gallon buckets and get some gamma lids. Throw your bud in turkey bags or other smaller sized oven bags, zip tie them and throw them in the buckets and secure the lids.

To be fair long term for me is usually only until the next harvest for most of it. I’ll probably have all this batch smoked up before my next harvest comes around especially since so much of it’s seeds but at least the effort involved in picking them out has slowed my consumption rate some :laugh:

Have a :passitleft: weekend / holiday everyone!

A week late but some progress none the less :passitleft:

Little more progress tonight.

Got the controller hung up and the vent fans and lights connected. Got the irrigation laid out for one half of the flower tent.

Uppotted the a5 x Panama (Neiko do you remember if this was this a fem or reg seed?) the Jack hereer fem and another Malawi x pck and got them connected to the irrigation and in the put in the new tent. I’m going to veg them for another week or so in their final containers before flipping since I don’t have any plants flowering currently. Also up potted the two baby cherry queens. I had to use the 7gallon hard pots instead of the 10 gal softies I was planning on using until I get some bigger saucers.

Oh yea I forgot to tell y’all I tossed the purple haze it wasn’t healthy since I was waiting to get the new tent setup to up pot her and drug it out for weeks then I noticed a bunch of pollinated hairs so that was the end of that. I already have a couple hundred seeds at least on my break up plate. it’s crazy how many there is it’s worse than the old Mexico brick weed from 20 years ago... it blows my mind how many seeds you can get from a single plant and they can get 20$ a piece for them. What a scam growing bud commercial is a waste of time compared to seeds some of these little popcorn buds would be worth a couple hundred dollars in seeds o_O Notice none of the breeders are in a hurry to go public with an IPO like the growers are doing. :rofl:

What’s the new way to recycle soil that has been used once?

Thanks Everyone! :passitleft:

2nd run is fine soil! :thumb:

3rd and 4th depends on how the previous grows went, but you usually can cut it with more raw Pro-Mix and keep on going. :slide:

The Killer A5 Haze are Fems. They won't be making any regs of that one. As far as recycling soil, nothing has changed. For 2nd run add in another 20 oz of 1st run amendment and about 15 lbs of EWC and cook another 30 days. You can add healthy leaf into it too. I stopped adding leaf into my soil a long time ago but most still do it.

Sweet thanks bud, was hoping I didn’t have to worry about any males this round :passitleft:

Got the co2, humidifier and a fan hooked up last night. Nothing really picture worthy.

Tonight I need to get another extension cord ran out of it for the dehumidifier, put in a second intake vent and seal up the rest of the ports.

I need to order another batch of 3/4” tubing to get irrigation to the veg tent still and the 1/2” valves didn’t get delivered so I need to reorder those too. I also need to get some bigger saucers so I can use the 10 gal softies for the next batch to go in the cooker. I’m thinking either three plants on each side or a three / two split starting each side about a month apart should do nicely.

Have a great night all :passitleft:

You have all sorts of bars to hang things from in that tent. Looks very nice!

Thanks bud! I am loving all the space and that equipment bar they came out with is awesome. I mounted the controller right to it and have a lot of the cables running behind it but still have a bit of cleaning them up to do which is why I didn’t take any pictures of it yet :laugh:

Pretty sure my bottom bin of soil wasn’t cooked all the way. Sitting on a bit of foam and the concrete floor in a room kept at 67 degrees isn’t quite warms enough I guess. The plants took a pretty big hit after transplant but they seem to be over it now.

A couple pics of the first half of irrigation and the next round of plants. I took some clones of each and then flipped them this weekend. Hoping to have another two or three plants to flip on the other side of the tent in a month. That should give me a nice harvest every month to month and a half :passitleft:

Front right is another Malawi x PCK front left is the Jack H and the back left is the A5 x Panama.

Happy belated Father’s Day to all the fathers out there, hope y’all had a great day :passitleft:

Thanks Derby you too bud :passitleft:

Hey bud how u and the wife been, looks like busy for the last 6months....just jumped back in the site myself, I'll take a seat and catch up.....:passitleft:

Hey Nate welcome back. We have been good and yes busy :). How have you and Kayla? Been? Are you still growing?

I’m really digging the new irrigation setup, just hitting a button to water the plants is where it’s at :surf:

Cheers! :passitleft:

Hey Smokey! Wondering what you told your neighbor you were building? I've been growing for 3 years or so and have only told 1 friend who popped by unexpectedly so I had to explain what the big tent was doing in the middle of the room. I love and trust my friends of 30 years and want to tell them and brag about the stuff I grow but feel it's better to keep it to myself. Not sure if that will change with new laws or not....!? Its medicinal here now with rec on the way.

Plants are looking good especially considering the low rh. :high-five:

Finally a conclusion to the neighbor story.

After getting to know them a bit they’re super nice and the wife smokes for pain relief. After finding that out I brought him in the grow room and showed him the setup the other day and sent him home with as much bud as could hold in his bare hands for her. It was pretty funny to see him go walking across the yards with his hands out cupped together full of buds . He was busting my balls about telling him it was a craft room for the wife, he was like I knew exactly what was up when you told me that nonsense :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom